User Avatar Image

Did anyone save Doug and regret it?

posted by Thadeum on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users

On my first run, I saved Doug.

On the Episode 3, saving Doug did not bring much to the story. He ended up killed by Lilly, but it was more an accident in this part of the story than a cold-blood murder, so I took Lilly with us to give her a chance.

But, when replaying with my second run where I saved Carley, I was given the opportunity to tell people that I was a murderer, and that added a lot to the story, in my opinion. And I got a kiss!! :D

In this side of the story Carley was just murdered cold-blood, *BAM* bullet in her head. This affected my behavior, because I left Lilly on the road like trash (welcome to DayZ Lilly!)

So, I was wondering, why is Doug's story part poorer than with Carley?

14 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • the only time I regretted it was when saving Doug didn't give you the option to tell people about your past before Lilly just blurted it out. It does feel like the game is punishing you somehow for picking him. If they weren't going to have him be exactly like Carley, at least give him some interesting things of his own that he brings to the table as far as unique choices like telling everyone about the murder instead of making him comparatively worthless.

• I was gonna choose Doug on my second playthru because I'd picked Carley the first time. But she ends up saving Lee's life like 2 or 3 times before the choice even came up, so I guess I'll save Doug for playthru 3 since I picked Carley again lol.
    But from what I've read on these forums most people seem to think that Doug brings more to the table and is better written than Carley was.

• I am very disappointed that I wasn't able to tell others about my past without Carley as well. Otherwise I still prefer Doug as a character and don't regret choosing him.

• @Omegabegin said: I am very disappointed that I wasn't able to tell others about my past without Carley as well. Otherwise I still prefer Doug as a character and don't regret choosing him.

Same here.. Doug was quite funny, and i never regretted saving him.
    His talk about chalk alone is more worth than a "kiss" from Carley or whomever.
    Hated Lily for shooting him..

• @Nekator said: Same here.. Doug was quite funny, and i never regretted saving him.
    His talk about chalk alone is more worth than a "kiss" from Carley or whomever.
    Hated Lily for shooting him..

What did he say about the chalk? I avoided talking to him and Ben as I figured it could only be one of them who was the traitor.

===

I don't regret saving Doug. I choose him to hide Lee's past so seeing Carley and then Larry die I was good news for me, should have guessed Larry would have told it to Lily though as well.

• I felt like a grown up street wise journalist woman like Carley didn't know what a battery is was kind of stupid and unbelievable. Doug was kind of emotionless and just a plain side-character in the first episode and Carley seemed more interesting and involved in the story so I chose her. Also because she is female and I am male. All through episode 2 I kept thinking that Doug might be more useful with his alarmsystems and whatnot. But I felt more for Carley as a character than for him.

• I only save Doug on accident the the first time around. I just didn't see the purse. It seemed kind of cool when he built the alarm, but he's been pretty much worthless.

I corrected my mistake and Carley has just proved to be a much better character. She has personality and and has been way more useful than Doug. In ep 3, she made the escape so much easier!

When Carley died, I was sad.

When Doug died I was like...eh.

• @Red Panda said: I only save Doug on accident the the first time around. I just didn't see the purse. It seemed kind of cool when he built the alarm, but he's been pretty much worthless.

I corrected my mistake and Carley has just proved to be a much better character. She has personality and and has been way more useful than Doug. In ep 3, she made the escape so much easier!

When Carley died, I was sad.

When Doug died I was like...eh.

I like Carley more but how could u not like Doug! He's a true bro! :D

• At least with Doug dead, we won't have to listen to his intelligent lectures about the chemical construction of chalk anymore. :D That was the only plus to his death. I could have lived without both of them. :P If I had the playable option, I would have left them both for zombie food. <3

• @StreetsAhead24 said: I like Carley more but how could u not like Doug! He's a true bro! :D

we still have skinny Doug left or Ben as he is known, so its not that big of a loss :)

Add Comment