User Avatar Image

No-one can be trusted.

posted by HyperShot12 on - last edited - Viewed by 805 users

After playing the first 3 episodes, I have come to the conclusion that no-one in the group can be trusted. After playing Episode 1, I thought that Kenny would be my most loyal companion but a lot of players, including me, fell out with him during the Meat Locker scene in Episode 2. Everyone who you might be able to trust somehow dies or leaves in one way or another. Doug/Carley (whichever one you saved) was next on my list of being trusted, but they were shot down by Lilly, who then also left the group. Finally, Duck and Katjaa are gone now too and I feel like there is no-one in the group I can trust anymore. Even Clementine has been lying to me, and seems to trust the stranger on her radio more than Lee because she thinks they have their parents. The group is falling apart and when the 2 newcomers arrived at the end of Episode 3, somehow I think they will die too or betray the group in some way. Even Ben, who is basically still a kid cannot be trusted, because he was the one who supplied the bandits and caused Doug/Carley to die and Lilly to leave. What are your thoughts? Should we trust ANYONE in the group? Or can Lee manage on his own?

51 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Tactically, the only trustworthy one is Chuck. He has absolutely nothing to gain, and since you stumbled on him first (Via his camp in the boxcar) he probably has no motives as to harm Lee or the group. The group arrives with nothing that he can steal, or kill them for, as a matter of fact he offers what he has to you.

Unless he's working for someone (Given the situation on how you met him, I doubt it), then he's the most trustworthy one out of them all. He's like a homeless Kenny/Lily, before crap hit the fan.

If we make it out of this, I'm killing a cow and making Charles a HUGE steak dinner. :D

• I trust Kenny more than ever now that his family is dead, he's not exactly going to be placing their health in front of Lee or Clem now. I'm pretty certain at this point he's looking to die in a way to make up for his decision on Herschels farm too, so he will likely put himself in front of any danger.

I still trust Ben. He did what he thought was right, it was a poor decision but he won't make it again. In the end it was the only thing stopping those bandits from attacking earlier. That confrontation was going to happen eventually anyway.

Clems situation with the radio isn't really a matter of trust for me. She's a little girl, she's been pretending to talk to her parents on that radio, that guy knows enough to be able to manipulate her into not telling anyone. Much like Ben this was a bad decision but it's not one she's going to make again.

I'm not so sure about Chuck, something about him just doesn't rub me right. Omid and Christa seem fine though.

• @Dead_Man_Walking said: Tactically, the only trustworthy one is Chuck. He has absolutely nothing to gain, and since you stumbled on him first (Via his camp in the boxcar) he probably has no motives as to harm Lee or the group. The group arrives with nothing that he can steal, or kill them for, as a matter of fact he offers what he has to you.

Unless he's working for someone (Given the situation on how you met him, I doubt it), then he's the most trustworthy one out of them all. He's like a homeless Kenny/Lily, before crap hit the fan.

If we make it out of this, I'm killing a cow and making Charles a HUGE steak dinner. :D

Granted that he has no real motivation to kill anyone... But he has been homeless for forever and has been living all on his own since then (as far as we know). Who knows what kind of crazy he is? A psychopath doesn't need motivation.

• @HyperShot12 said: After playing the first 3 episodes, I have come to the conclusion that no-one in the group can be trusted. After playing Episode 1, I thought that Kenny would be my most loyal companion but a lot of players, including me, fell out with him during the Meat Locker scene in Episode 2. Everyone who you might be able to trust somehow dies or leaves in one way or another. Doug/Carley (whichever one you saved) was next on my list of being trusted, but they were shot down by Lilly, who then also left the group. Finally, Duck and Katjaa are gone now too and I feel like there is no-one in the group I can trust anymore. Even Clementine has been lying to me, and seems to trust the stranger on her radio more than Lee because she thinks they have their parents. The group is falling apart and when the 2 newcomers arrived at the end of Episode 3, somehow I think they will die too or betray the group in some way. Even Ben, who is basically still a kid cannot be trusted, because he was the one who supplied the bandits and caused Doug/Carley to die and Lilly to leave. What are your thoughts? Should we trust ANYONE in the group? Or can Lee manage on his own?

He Supplied the bandits because they said that they got Bens friend and coz hes stupid and young he trusted them.He wanted to back out of that deal but It was too late.

• @plaqueconspiracy said: Granted that he has no real motivation to kill anyone... But he has been homeless for forever and has been living all on his own since then (as far as we know). Who knows what kind of crazy he is? A psychopath doesn't need motivation.

That's true. To me, Chuck doesn't match that profile, though. I may be completely wrong, as he's just a character and can 180 at anytime, but Chuck could have killed everyone if he so desired. Kenny was in the lead car of the train, Lee was in the boxcar, the kids and Kat were outside... And he knew about everyone before they knew about him (He even got the drop on Lee).

The only concern I have about Chuck is the fact that he drinks. That might hold for something, down the road, but I doubt it. He could just be another "Mark" character, and dies off early (Or leaves) in the next episode. Chuck does seem to have sincere concerns, however (Giving Lee very blunt advice about Clemmy), my main reason for accepting him is that he doesn't seem to pry. So, unless he's a silent killer (If he is, I'm calling him SBD (Silent, But Deadly) from then on), he's okay in my books. For now. :D

• At this point Kenny and, to an extent Clementine, are the only trustworthy individuals depending on how your previous experiences were with them. If you've been loyal to Kenny through the drug store all the way to arriving in Savannah, it's a reasonable bet to assume that Kenny has no one left except Lee and Clementine. It's still smart to be cautious around Kenny as he was left in a highly emotional and unstable state. Clementine needs to regain Lee's trust by telling him who she's been communicating with.

• @Dead_Man_Walking said: That's true. To me, Chuck doesn't match that profile, though. I may be completely wrong, as he's just a character and can 180 at anytime, but Chuck could have killed everyone if he so desired. Kenny was in the lead car of the train, Lee was in the boxcar, the kids and Kat were outside... And he knew about everyone before they knew about him (He even got the drop on Lee).

The only concern I have about Chuck is the fact that he drinks. That might hold for something, down the road, but I doubt it. He could just be another "Mark" character, and dies off early (Or leaves) in the next episode. Chuck does seem to have sincere concerns, however (Giving Lee very blunt advice about Clemmy), my main reason for accepting him is that he doesn't seem to pry. So, unless he's a silent killer (If he is, I'm calling him SBD (Silent, But Deadly) from then on), he's okay in my books. For now. :D

Yeah, he seems like the kind of classic friendly hobo guy that will never do any harm... But that seems too obvious and simple to me! He is old, wise, and blunt. Best case scenario I think he will leave the group and go his own way to find whatever it is he's looking for. Maybe he just wants to travel further on the railroads not knowing where to go. I bet you he will somehow save Lee's life one time before either leaving or play some kind of sick game that he has come up with on his life on the road with the group, destroying it from inside out. Some schizophrenia OCD psycho game. Maybe roll a dice to decide who gets to live or something like that.

...OR he may very well be that kind old classic hobo guy.

• @HyperShot12 said: After playing the first 3 episodes, I have come to the conclusion that no-one in the group can be trusted. After playing Episode 1, I thought that Kenny would be my most loyal companion but a lot of players, including me, fell out with him during the Meat Locker scene in Episode 2. Everyone who you might be able to trust somehow dies or leaves in one way or another. Doug/Carley (whichever one you saved) was next on my list of being trusted, but they were shot down by Lilly, who then also left the group. Finally, Duck and Katjaa are gone now too and I feel like there is no-one in the group I can trust anymore. Even Clementine has been lying to me, and seems to trust the stranger on her radio more than Lee because she thinks they have their parents. The group is falling apart and when the 2 newcomers arrived at the end of Episode 3, somehow I think they will die too or betray the group in some way. Even Ben, who is basically still a kid cannot be trusted, because he was the one who supplied the bandits and caused Doug/Carley to die and Lilly to leave. What are your thoughts? Should we trust ANYONE in the group? Or can Lee manage on his own?

That's what drives TWD. The big danger comes from the living.

• @plaqueconspiracy said: ...OR he may very well be that kind old classic hobo guy.

Or... He'll offer me some moldy cheese after an eighty day trip around the globe, in an alleyway somewhere, before he teaches me how to beg for money. :D I like that option. I do have a feeling some guy is going to punch me in the face, when I try, though. :/

• @Dead_Man_Walking said: Or... He'll offer me some moldy cheese after an eighty day trip around the globe, in an alleyway somewhere, before he teaches me how to beg for money. :D I like that option. I do have a feeling some guy is going to punch me in the face, when I try, though. :/

10 days in to the trip.

"Hey there, Lee. I know you hungry and I got some candy for you right here, bud... Just reach up on this here pocket...."

And then the rest of the trip will be really awkward for the both of them.

Add Comment