User Avatar Image

Whose death made you so emotional?

posted by ZombieBlaster on - last edited - Viewed by 2.5K users

A lot of the characters have died already, but Carley's death just broke my damn heart!

258 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Well it was Duck for sure. Being a father of 2 boys who are about duck's age, as soon as we knew he was bitten, I started to feel for him and his parents. When we finally had to kill him, I had tears to my eyes. It's rare that I get this emotional about a video game.

As for Carley, it was emotionnal, but more like a complete suprised. I was so pissed at lily that I don't think I even hesitated when I decided to leave her beind.

• I didn't vote cause I can't pick one..

I'm torn between Carley and Duck lol

• @JabbaDaHuttX7 said: Am I the only one that popped Duck without a second thought?

*raises hand*

Don't get me wrong, I did feel a slight lump in my throat when he and Kat died. But during that moment in the game I was still so rattled by Carley's death I couldn't concentrate on anything else but that.

• It's been 2 days since I saw Carley die, and am still really sad about it..
    back then I didn't even hesitate to leave Lilly behind, Carley's death has to be the most emotional thing I have gotten over fictional things, EVER. People die in other movies, games and stories, but this is the one that struck straight into my heart.
    It's almost like I really knew her.

• @Murasaki said: When she died, I immediately said "No way!" and restarted the scene thinking there would be an alternative way. If anything, it serves to highlight the limitations of this type of video game.

Not only does this game have limited options along the way.
    In Ep3 they killed most decision you made up until now.

I guess the game was just to complicated for telltale to handle.

• @Gman5852 said: I actually laughed when Doug died, Lilly had such a "whoopsie" face on her I couldn't help, but do so.

http://youtubedoubler.com/4SPb

XD

• The death of Carley made me so angry that I didn't hesitate at all if I should leave Lilly there on the road. I didn't even feel sorry for her when I saw that the zombies were coming for her.

Edit : I also restarted the scene and chose the option to blame myself hoping that I can save her.

• Carley's death had me sprint through shock, denial and murderous anger that later faded into loneliness and hopeless despair. Having Clem around was comforting, but Carley was the only adult character I liked and trusted 100%.

Duck's death was just thoroughly heartbreaking. Watching Kenny and Katjaa breaking down at the prospect of ending their son's life. Then seeing Kenny lose his entire family in a few cruel moments.

The fact that Kenny and I weren't on good terms at the time all this happened actually made it all that more profound. Differences were put aside and I couldn't help but feel only the deepest sympathy for the poor guy.

• Doug D: I was thinking he'd die this episode, but not like that! I was really upset about Duck and Katjaa too! I was soo not expecting them to die this episode! I shot that zombie that was on top of them, and I'm thinkin "oh good, I think they're okay!" NOPE! Freakin Duck got bit! Then Katjaa shot herself.. I didn't see that coming.. I should. It was all so sad :( Ah man, then Clem woke up as a zombie, and I'm like WHAAAAT?! CLEM GOT BIT?! NOOOOOO!!!!! But it was just a dream! Phew! Poor Kenny.. I don't know why he's even still holdin on. lol. Beside's that my Lee has been his homie since day 1!.. Or I guess it was day 2 when we met Kenny :P

• yea Carley died and I just kept telling myself that I'd be able to go back and save her, then after I learned that you can't, I'm not even sure what to say to that

Add Comment