User Avatar Image

Episode 3 ruined everything

posted by falcon168 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.5K users

The first time I'm not looking forward to new release at all. If it comes out, I'll play, if not, I'm not bothered. Well done TTG! episode 3 ruined everthing and also appeared everything about that fake choice making.

193 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Are the same people complaining about lack of concrete decisions the same complaining about release delays?

Think about how it would pan out.

Episode 1 with 1 major choice, 2 outcomes in total.
    Episode 2 comes, you make a major decision for each choice in episode 1.

So now they would have to develop:

EP 2 choice 1 (Ep1 Outcome 1 + Ep1 Outcome 2)
    EP 2 choice 2 (Ep1 Outcome 1 + Ep1 Outcome 2)

As the episodes go along, it'll just keep branching, and branching because you have to account for the choices made in prior episodes.

Sure, you could merge the story arc at some point, but then people will just be back onto the "choices don't really matter" bandwagon.

Hopefully I'm making it clear enough, and if not, maybe someone who does understand could explain it better.

• @ShadowFlux said: Are the same people complaining about lack of concrete decisions the same complaining about release delays?

Think about how it would pan out.

Episode 1 with 1 major choice, 2 outcomes in total.
    Episode 2 comes, you make a major decision for each choice in episode 1.

So now they would have to develop:

EP 2 choice 1 (Ep1 Outcome 1 + Ep1 Outcome 2)
    EP 2 choice 2 (Ep1 Outcome 1 + Ep1 Outcome 2)

As the episodes go along, it'll just keep branching, and branching because you have to account for the choices made in prior episodes.

Sure, you could merge the story arc at some point, but then people will just be back onto the "choices don't really matter" bandwagon.

Hopefully I'm making it clear enough, and if not, maybe someone who does understand could explain it better.

I understand all that you've just said fine, but if it's impossible (which it is not believe me) then DON'T ADVERTISE IT AS A MAIN FEATURE. The fact that we had Carley/Doug with us in episode two made it atleast feel like a difference and to me that was enough. Did they have to kill that character? Nope, just minimize what they do in the future. Did they do it for dramatic effect? Probably, but if you think that was the only reason they got rid of the only character that was there because of branching you are not only naive, but ignorant.

• @dubesor said: jlr3y.jpg

I don't think its like the one on the bottom, I feel that it splits up but goes back together again at episode 3.

• I didn't split it up because carley/doug do/say/die the nearly the exact same. Instead of carley shooting a gun doug uses a laser. That is not branching out in my book, it is barely more than just swapping the character-models. No unique things happen = no branching.

• @dubesor said: I didn't split it up because carley/doug do/say/die the nearly the exact same. Instead of carley shooting a gun doug uses a laser. That is not branching out in my book, it is barely more than just swapping the character-models. No unique things happen = no branching.

You do have minor differences though like doug's alarm system. To me the choice of Doug/Carley was at least the most "branching" one yet, which is why they ended it.

• I think it is pretty obvious that some people are not going to accept the bleeding obvious. As I've stated, the game can be as linear as the company wants it to be. But STOP LYING to people to get them to buy it. Simple. There are always going to be those that don't get it...on both sides. I am done with the argument and my final statement is that TTG was deceptive in their marketing for this game. That makes me unhappy.

• "Hey, I have an idea! I'm going to completely disregard the story telling experience of this incredible game because people died in a zombie movie and made me mad. Now I'm going to go post a bitchy complaint on the forums providing no real arguments and no valid points."

-falcon168

Maybe you should just shut up and enjoy the game. Ever think about maybe not bitching about the things you don't like? The game is incredibly well-done and perhaps you should just enjoy the experience.

• @LadyJ said: I think it is pretty obvious that some people are not going to accept the bleeding obvious. As I've stated, the game can be as linear as the company wants it to be. But STOP LYING to people to get them to buy it. Simple. There are always going to be those that don't get it...on both sides. I am done with the argument and my final statement is that TTG was deceptive in their marketing for this game. That makes me unhappy.

Agreed.

Add Comment