User Avatar Image

Episode 3 ruined everything

posted by falcon168 on - last edited - Viewed by 2.2K users

The first time I'm not looking forward to new release at all. If it comes out, I'll play, if not, I'm not bothered. Well done TTG! episode 3 ruined everthing and also appeared everything about that fake choice making.

193 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @dubesor said: jlr3y.jpg

    I don't think its like the one on the bottom, I feel that it splits up but goes back together again at episode 3.

  • I didn't split it up because carley/doug do/say/die the nearly the exact same. Instead of carley shooting a gun doug uses a laser. That is not branching out in my book, it is barely more than just swapping the character-models. No unique things happen = no branching.

  • @dubesor said: I didn't split it up because carley/doug do/say/die the nearly the exact same. Instead of carley shooting a gun doug uses a laser. That is not branching out in my book, it is barely more than just swapping the character-models. No unique things happen = no branching.

    You do have minor differences though like doug's alarm system. To me the choice of Doug/Carley was at least the most "branching" one yet, which is why they ended it.

  • I think it is pretty obvious that some people are not going to accept the bleeding obvious. As I've stated, the game can be as linear as the company wants it to be. But STOP LYING to people to get them to buy it. Simple. There are always going to be those that don't get it...on both sides. I am done with the argument and my final statement is that TTG was deceptive in their marketing for this game. That makes me unhappy.

  • "Hey, I have an idea! I'm going to completely disregard the story telling experience of this incredible game because people died in a zombie movie and made me mad. Now I'm going to go post a bitchy complaint on the forums providing no real arguments and no valid points."

    -falcon168

    Maybe you should just shut up and enjoy the game. Ever think about maybe not bitching about the things you don't like? The game is incredibly well-done and perhaps you should just enjoy the experience.

  • @LadyJ said: I think it is pretty obvious that some people are not going to accept the bleeding obvious. As I've stated, the game can be as linear as the company wants it to be. But STOP LYING to people to get them to buy it. Simple. There are always going to be those that don't get it...on both sides. I am done with the argument and my final statement is that TTG was deceptive in their marketing for this game. That makes me unhappy.

    Agreed.

  • @falcon168 said: The first time I'm not looking forward to new release at all. If it comes out, I'll play, if not, I'm not bothered. Well done TTG! episode 3 ruined everthing and also appeared everything about that fake choice making.

    i feel you... i felt like my choice meant nothing....please patch it TTG? Please? :(

  • The game has plenty of choice! Take this thread, for example.

    Carley's death, much like the games plot, seems set in stone.

    Now, players get mad for both. They want to option to do some action to prevent Carley's death.

    In a similar manner, they have a choice to complain or not complain about the game.

    In the game, they releaze nothing will prevent her death.

    In real life, nothing will change the game.

    In the game, they argue, if it doesn't matter, give up.

    Strangely, in real life, though nothing will change the the game TTG puts out, they still complain, though it doesn't matter.

    Why the disconnect?

    In the game, just like real life, you have choices, even if they don't amount to a pile of beans in the end. Complaining isn't to change anything yet so many still choose to. Whatever you do in game isn't going to save Carley.

    In both instances, I say just let it go and enjoy the ride.

  • Sounds to me like a lot of you are just upset that you can't get a happy lovey-dovey ending in The Walking Dead.

Add Comment