User Avatar Image

Episode 3 - Where have you died? [Spoilers]

posted by greenj2 on - last edited - Viewed by 868 users

Come on, admit it. :D

I died once when the bandits were holding the group hostage at the motor inn. I took too long responding and they fed me a lead salad for the trouble.

I also died about 6 times in a row to the pair of zombies in the boarded-up train station, though I blame that on poor game mechanics. I kept trying to pick up the weapon on the floor but Lee would just 'look' at it. I assumed I wasn't close enough to reach it. Took me a while to notice that you actually have to manually change your cursor function from 'look' to 'pick up'. I hate 2 on 1 zombie boxing. XD

48 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @greenj2 said: Come on, admit it. :D
    I also died about 6 times in a row to the pair of zombies in the boarded-up train station, though I blame that on poor game mechanics. I kept trying to pick up the weapon on the floor but Lee would just 'look' at it. I assumed I wasn't close enough to reach it. Took me a while to notice that you actually have to manually change your cursor function from 'look' to 'pick up'. I hate 2 on 1 zombie boxing. XD

Same with me.

• The car near the train where the zombie's stuck with the security belt; I think I panicked...! And also once with the bandits; wasn't used to the gun's controls.

• I died a bunch in the bandit raid...and countless times in the train station. I noticed that there was a lot of lag time on my PC between the attack time and the time the hotspots were active. The controls are not at all keyboard/mouse intuitive...very frustrating. I eventually made it but it took a long long time.

• Only twice.
    Once on the zombie in the car, I can only assume I lagged because he wasn't between the car door and next thing I know I was dead.
    Once on the 2 vs 1 in the station because I ended up looking at the wrench rather than picking it up.

• I died once in the train station. I didn't notice I could back up the first time, and just punched one walker in the face, tried to get the other and got to watch the amusing death screen there. Next time I noticed that you could walk back, and did some good head-smashing.

Does Clem shoot them if you wait more? I'm more of a 'kill first, ask later' and didn't hesitate to finish the area before she would've had the chance to react.

• @WD40 said: Does Clem shoot them if you wait more? I'm more of a 'kill first, ask later' and didn't hesitate to finish the area before she would've had the chance to react.

No, she will never shoot. Not just when you get attacked but also if her own life depends on it: she won't shoot.

Warning: video of Clementine dieing

• @dubesor said: No, she will never shoot. Not just when you get attacked but also if her own life depends on it: she won't shoot.

Warning: video of Clementine dieing

I didnt even know u can make clem die wtf!mb i wasnt sardistic enough to try

• only died at the train station. For some reason, I didn't figure out that I could walk backward and was concentrating on punching the zombies. once I figure it out, it was easy enough.

• I died like 5 times at the train station, because Lee thinks looking at his weapon and going "Hmm, this could kill those walkers" is a good idea instead of actually using it.

• @Dead_Man_Walking said: I only died during the motor inn raid, five times, due to the controls feeling wonky. :P That's it, though. :D

I thought it was good they had you using the gun a lot. So people can get used to the gun for future episodes.

Add Comment