User Avatar Image

No-one can be trusted.

posted by HyperShot12 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.3K users

After playing the first 3 episodes, I have come to the conclusion that no-one in the group can be trusted. After playing Episode 1, I thought that Kenny would be my most loyal companion but a lot of players, including me, fell out with him during the Meat Locker scene in Episode 2. Everyone who you might be able to trust somehow dies or leaves in one way or another. Doug/Carley (whichever one you saved) was next on my list of being trusted, but they were shot down by Lilly, who then also left the group. Finally, Duck and Katjaa are gone now too and I feel like there is no-one in the group I can trust anymore. Even Clementine has been lying to me, and seems to trust the stranger on her radio more than Lee because she thinks they have their parents. The group is falling apart and when the 2 newcomers arrived at the end of Episode 3, somehow I think they will die too or betray the group in some way. Even Ben, who is basically still a kid cannot be trusted, because he was the one who supplied the bandits and caused Doug/Carley to die and Lilly to leave. What are your thoughts? Should we trust ANYONE in the group? Or can Lee manage on his own?

51 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The only I trust now is Chuck... Or no-one can be trusted, i feel that Chuck is terry St.john?

• @plaqueconspiracy said: 10 days in to the trip.

"Hey there, Lee. I know you hungry and I got some candy for you right here, bud... Just reach up on this here pocket...."

And then the rest of the trip will be really awkward for the both of them.

Just wanted to make the reference easier to see. :P

Awkward? What if one of them likes it? :D Or both? Then it would be awkward for the players. :O

• @Dead_Man_Walking said: Tactically, the only trustworthy one is Chuck. He has absolutely nothing to gain, and since you stumbled on him first (Via his camp in the boxcar) he probably has no motives as to harm Lee or the group. The group arrives with nothing that he can steal, or kill them for, as a matter of fact he offers what he has to you.

Unless he's working for someone (Given the situation on how you met him, I doubt it), then he's the most trustworthy one out of them all. He's like a homeless Kenny/Lily, before crap hit the fan.

If we make it out of this, I'm killing a cow and making Charles a HUGE steak dinner. :D

You have no idea what the guy's motives are. Hell, he could be waiting for you to fall asleep so that he can try to slit your throat and take your gun. Just because he doesn't have an obvious motive, doesn't mean that he is trustworthy.

• @skepticalguy90 said: You have no idea what the guy's motives are. Hell, he could be waiting for you to fall asleep so that he can try to slit your throat and take your gun. Just because he doesn't have an obvious motive, doesn't mean that he is trustworthy.

That's always true, as I stated, he is just a character that can be manipulated to do what TTG wants him to do. He could turn out to be bat-shit crazy, for all we know. He could turn out to be our best friend, too. I made my statement off of what we've seen, so far. Or rather, what we were allowed to see.

For all we know, that Walker in the car (At the front of the train) could have been his last victim. Maybe he just snapped the seat belt around him to make it look like an accident. Only time will tell. :D

• @skepticalguy90 said: You have no idea what the guy's motives are. Hell, he could be waiting for you to fall asleep so that he can try to slit your throat and take your gun. Just because he doesn't have an obvious motive, doesn't mean that he is trustworthy.

he could have been the one that cut the page from the engine start up instructions, he memorised the map, so he must have had his own plans for the train, he could just be happy that there is some fresh meat on the journey and he doesn't want the freshest meat (Clementine) to get spoiled by zombies, but who knows?

• On that note, we don't see him when we get the radio communication with Creep-o, either. Maybe that's Chuck, just masking his voice, and Creep-o was just a random character we meet, that tries to protect us from Chuck. :D

• I actually thought that maybe Chuck was the voice behind the radio too. It's more plausible with the distance that it was him rather than a stranger that had been following. This could also explain how the walkie is inexplicably fixed and working again. I think that the view of Clem talking on it in the hotel might have been a red herring and she was just imaginary talking....but Chuck shows up with all this advice for her and the walkie works?

• I still trust Clem she may be being manipulated by the voice but she still cares for lee and wouldn't betray lee as long as she knows that we will help her parents...
    Eventually

• @HyperShot12 said: After playing the first 3 episodes, I have come to the conclusion that no-one in the group can be trusted.

You do realize that some of the remaining characters no doubt feel the same way about Lee, particularly if Lilly's outing him was the first they'd heard of his past.

• The only two I trust is Chuck and Clem. Clem's only a little eight year old girl. She hasn't seen her parents in God knows how long so of course when some guy tells her that they are ok she is going to listen to him and do as he says if it means seeing her parents again.

Add Comment