User Avatar Image

Episode 3 ruined everything

posted by falcon168 on - last edited - Viewed by 2.9K users

The first time I'm not looking forward to new release at all. If it comes out, I'll play, if not, I'm not bothered. Well done TTG! episode 3 ruined everthing and also appeared everything about that fake choice making.

193 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @dubesor said: jlr3y.jpg

That's actually a very good visual to explain what I was trying to get at.
    I agree with possibly splitting the story off into 2 directions and going linear in each of those 2 paths from there on out. (Middle example)

Only thing I would argue with that, is there's going to be a season 2. Are they going to continue being linear from 2 branches at the beginning of that? If so, people are going to want a major choice in season 2 as well, this leads it to being closer and closer to the first example as the seasons go along (if it goes beyond 2).
    If not, you'd have to merge the story arc anyway at the end of season 2 for the beginning of season 2 to make sense. Then we're back to choices "not mattering", lol

• @Scnew said: Sounds to me like a lot of you are just upset that you can't get a happy lovey-dovey ending in The Walking Dead.

Speaking only for myself, I preferred Carly dying to having to endure some hideous exaggerated romance during a ZA. No. I don't want a happy ending. I want what was advertised or for the advertising to be modified.

• @Xebioz said: I understand all that you've just said fine, but if it's impossible (which it is not believe me) then DON'T ADVERTISE IT AS A MAIN FEATURE. The fact that we had Carley/Doug with us in episode two made it atleast feel like a difference and to me that was enough. Did they have to kill that character? Nope, just minimize what they do in the future. Did they do it for dramatic effect? Probably, but if you think that was the only reason they got rid of the only character that was there because of branching you are not only naive, but ignorant.

They advertise the game as being tailored to your decisions (or whatever the exact wording is).
    They never said you'll experience a different outcome based on your decisions (that I can recall).

(Edit) Also, even if they did mention a different outcome, there's still 2 episodes to go.

• User Avatar Image
    CTP

@Demopan said: Maybe you should just shut up and enjoy the game. ... The game is incredibly well-done and perhaps you should just enjoy the experience.

Good for you if you think the game is "incredibly well-done" but others obviously don't share that opinion so maybe you should take your own advice.

@Demopan said: Ever think about maybe not bitching about the things you don't like?

Says the one who bitches about those who are bitching about the game... :D

• User Avatar Image
    CTP

@Scnew said: Sounds to me like a lot of you are just upset that you can't get a happy lovey-dovey ending in The Walking Dead.

I've read the same BS in the ME3 ending debates numerous times and I still don't understand what the point is supposed to be.

Since when does the motivation for a discussion invalidate the argumentation?

CTP

• @Sentient Orange said: The chances of that happening seem to be almost impossible right now.

Every character who has been there since the beginning with the exception of kenny and clementine are now dead. Nothing that you told any of them or did for them matters in the slightest now. Kenny always seems to just hate you or not really care, and it sounds like to get the latter option of him not really caring you have to literally pick every single nice option with him to get him to do that.

Clementine has already lied to you and there's almost certainately no way to do anything about that.

Ben hasn't even been there the whole time and he'll probably be dead about the same time that Kenny dies.

Anything you did in the first and second chapters now have no or little significance. I could tell that all of the people who died this episode were going to die eventually, and i can definitely say that kenny is going to die in the next episode because of how unstable he is.

Helping the girl kill herself at the motor inn on the first chapter? doesn't matter because the only person still alive who even knows about that is lee, who seems to be suffering from such a bad case of amnesia that he doesn't remember the person he was starting a relationship with just died a few minutes ago.

Siding with kenny or Larry? doesn't matter, Larry died in episode 2, Lilly is gone and kenny will be dead in the next episode.

Gave people energy bars? fixed the radio? both of those don't matter because the energy bars basically dissapear after that, and carley is dead now so nobody will even care about the radio.

And the list goes on.. basically, no choices even matter if the characters never even mention what has happened.

Yeah, you are right in most points but you made a lots of choices with Clem whole game til now same with Kenny and they are still there... There was also some smaller choices with Ben, brothers on farm, stealing stuff or meybe Lilly could still apear:D Of course there will be also a lots minor choices which does not matter. For example thing with energy bars I see like part of siding with Lilly of Larry. From my point of view its too soon in ep3 to story get somehow much depend on choices its right time could be in ep4 thats what I belive thats what I have to belive other way this game is scam;)

Mostly on next 2eps depends if this game will become legendary or just averege and forgotten:)

• @ShadowFlux said: They advertise the game as being tailored to your decisions (or whatever the exact wording is).
    They never said you'll experience a different outcome based on your decisions (that I can recall).

(Edit) Also, even if they did mention a different outcome, there's still 2 episodes to go.

That's not what they advertise though. I think on the last page (7) the quote word for word is there. Just go look at it.

And the thing about there being two episodes left...
    Don't you think we should see branching by now if it's coming? And believe me I will remember it if it indeed comes, and I'll be the first one to pull my punches.

And to mr. "Maybe you should just shut up and enjoy the game. ... The game is incredibly well-done and perhaps you should just enjoy the experience."

If you think I don't like the game you're mistaken. The fact people like you don't understand is that without constructive criticism the product quality of any given category plummets. I don't know how much experience you have within either business administration or general economic theory, but given that idiotic response I would say little to none.

That's my two cents.

• Okay now you're just being overly dramatic. It's just a game dude. I agree it sucks how everybody is dying and in my opinion they are replacing them with less interesting characters but that's just how it is. Nothing anyone can do about it other than play it or don't.

• @literate77 said: Okay now you're just being overly dramatic. It's just a game dude. I agree it sucks how everybody is dying and in my opinion they are replacing them with less interesting characters but that's just how it is. Nothing anyone can do about it other than play it or don't.

I understand your approach, but don't agree with it. I have no problem with a character dying or all of them for that matter. But when it comes to 'shaping your own story' I have seen little attempt at that from TT.

Now, you can either just take the product they give you and make no attempt to criticize them for the strange/untruthful marketing, or you can like me play the game, but criticise this area of it.

I'm not saying (again to those who won't listen) that it's a bad game, but simply that you should always give feedback, and giving truthful feedback is always better than just saying "OMG AWESOME, BEST GAME EVER". This is not constructive at all and doesn't help anyone.

• @Xebioz said: That's not what they advertise though. I think on the last page (7) the quote word for word is there. Just go look at it.

I've been discussing this topic in a couple different threads, instead of just copy/pasting, I'm going to put the link of the other thread (probably should be merged?):

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=665181#post665181

Add Comment