User Avatar Image

So, the girl in Macon... (spoilers)

posted by BlankCanvasDJ on - last edited - Viewed by 818 users

Did you put her out of her misery or let her get torn to shreds?

I've been playing my Lee as a good man who always tries to do the right thing in a horrible world but this was one of the few moments where I figured - after all this time and all he's been through - he'd choose survival over mercy. But to me, it was definitely one of the harder choices...especially when you have to listen to her screams from inside the drug store until she dies.

42 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Awesoke said: The term "infected" is the only one of the three that is relevant to TWD since everyone is already infected with whatever it is that's turning people.

I'm quibbling. I don't think that the infection has anything to do with science or medicine. I'm pretty sure The Walking Dead is an atheistic take on the apocalypse. Dead walk the earth, everything that dies reanimates, there is no cure and no reason. So I take issue with the use of "infected".

• @Master of Aeons said: I'm pretty sure The Walking Dead is an atheistic take on the apocalypse. Dead walk the earth, everything that dies reanimates, there is no cure and no reason.

I take the term Walking Dead to mean that it's not the zombies that are the dead, rather it is the living that are walking around as though they were dead. Having to make survival decisions that contradict with humanity as they know it and not ever be able to find reasons or cures pretty much makes them the dead imho.

I have never been satisfied with the amount of blood and fluid sharing not causing more contamination on the show and in the comic. It seems sort of illogical that a splash of blood in the eye like in 28 days later won't immediately turn them but a bite will? It makes me wonder what part of the blood is toxic. It isn't very consistent.

• @LadyJ said:
    I have never been satisfied with the amount of blood and fluid sharing not causing more contamination on the show and in the comic. It seems sort of illogical that a splash of blood in the eye like in 28 days later won't immediately turn them but a bite will? It makes me wonder what part of the blood is toxic. It isn't very consistent.

Kirkman has said that nothing is transferred through bites that turns the person. It's just so unclean that the wound becomes infected and the person dies. Since everyone reanimates when they die, they become a walker.

If contamination doesn't matter, then it makes sense that Kirkman has never blown the whistle on stuff like that in the show (blood splashing in the survivor's mouths, Shane cutting himself with a knife used in a zombie's face). It's consistent with his own universe, just not the universe we think of in modern zombie culture. In most things, there's a reason behind "the disease". In Walking Dead, it's just zombies without reason.

• @Master of Aeons said: Kirkman has said that nothing is transferred through bites that turns the person. It's just so unclean that the wound becomes infected and the person dies. Since everyone reanimates when they die, they become a walker.

If contamination doesn't matter, then it makes sense that Kirkman has never blown the whistle on stuff like that in the show (blood splashing in the survivor's mouths, Shane cutting himself with a knife used in a zombie's face). It's consistent with his own universe, just not the universe we think of in modern zombie culture. In most things, there's a reason behind "the disease". In Walking Dead, it's just zombies without reason.

Hmm, that's fair but I still wonder about the consistency. In the show when they are escaping from Atlanta, why the bother about being careful not to get the blood on their skin or in their eyes? It just seemed to me that after that one mention, they all suddenly stopped being cautious about the transfer of the fluids.

• @LadyJ said: Hmm, that's fair but I still wonder about the consistency. In the show when they are escaping from Atlanta, why the bother about being careful not to get the blood on their skin or in their eyes? It just seemed to me that after that one mention, they all suddenly stopped being cautious about the transfer of the fluids.

In the show, at that point, they didn't know how the process worked.

• @Dead_Man_Walking said: In the show, at that point, they didn't know how the process worked.

Right they didn't...but how did they magically acquire that knowledge? Was it from eating kills that Daryl made with his arrows that he never sterilized? Jenner didn't tell them...they just magically KNEW. I am just saying that the contamination issue imo has been glossed over in the series...poorly handled.

• I had to shoot her I didn't shoot the woman at the hotel episode 1 but this was different she was being ripped apart by walkers I had to spare her that pain

• I shot her. I felt so bad for her :( I knew we would get away. It was risky, but I'd want someone to do the same for me! Fuck getting torn to shreds and eaten alive!

Do the zombies break in the shop if you don't shoot her?

• @Zombieface said:

Do the zombies break in the shop if you don't shoot her?

Yeah they do just later on so you can get more supplies.

• First time i kept shooting walkers hoping i might save her but then i found myself leaving and reloaded the game, i didnt notice that walker bite her first so i shot her. couldnt just leave her like that.. frakkin Kenny! lol

Add Comment