User Avatar Image

Noone is coming back guys! geez

posted by kirby18 on - last edited - Viewed by 265 users

I know Im the negative nancy here but can we please just look at how if carly/doug or lilly comes back it will take away from the plot ...?

First off carly was shot in the head from point blank. I dont care if the bullet grazed her but she dropped and Im pretty sure it would have been useless to check on her. But lets go along with your fairy tale that she survived, ok?
How on earth is she going to find transportation to Savanah (if she even knew where we were going), avoid the zombies that were right behind them as they left, and oh just feel fine after being shot in the head ??

As for lilly, I will admit because there has been no evidence to prove other wise so it is possible for her to come back SOLELY because she knew where we were headed. But lets be realistic now. She knows the group despise her, so there goes the want. I mean is there anything that would urge her to say, hey I really want to be a part of the group again? There is no way the RV had enough fuel for the trip and also she was against the boat idea. Could she come back? sure but if she does I think there needs to be some LEGENDARY writing to make sure she just doesnt pop up randomly.

Now please read this before you make any stupid comments which I fully expect:

1) I loved carlys character. She (and if you chose doug) were the only level headed adult left. Lilly I didnt mind...I kept her and would be willing to give her another chance

2) I know its just a game and lilly/carly OR glenn for that matter returning may sound awesome and it would enhance the storyline. I would be fine with it if something corny like this happened before but it hasnt! TT has written a brilliant plot that has kept it realistic WITHOUT eliminating great plot twists AND avoiding plot holes. You may argue now but I know I would feel cheated if lilly/carly returned, even if I am happy and will be extremely enticed to the story still I would still feel like that shouldnt have happened. Just bare with me and look at it like that... so please no arguments "Its just a story, its fake, its a game where things like this are supposed to happen"

3) To simplify what I said, its not that I dont want carly or lilly to return but they shouldnt because if either one did there would be some major plot hole.

4) Carly > Lilly

5) Stop with the carly threads !!!! gosh

20 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @kirby18 said: And can we really confirm that Clems baby sitter is dead? I mean we dont even know if she is a walker, and I have seen plenty survive multiple hammers to the head. If she is a good babysitter she would be looking for clem and tracking down clues for her.

Yeah the voice on the walkie is actually Sandra the baby sitter, the hammer messed up her voice and now she's back from spring break to finish the job

• Episode 4, Chapter 1: Adventures In Babysitting

• That wasn't really Sandra Lee killed, that was her creepy SWF girlfriend, Tiffany, who came over to do manicures. Sandra was actually barricaded upstairs in one of the bedrooms.

She's coming for you.

• You guys are now witnessing a zombie apocalypse

• I don't mind the Carley threads one bit. Yes, she's most likely dead, but it's a tribute to her character and all these wild theories on how she may have survived is perhaps the only way some people can be comforted to such a shocking event.

• @Murasaki said: I don't mind the Carley threads one bit. Yes, she's most likely dead, but it's a tribute to her character and all these wild theories on how she may have survived is perhaps the only way some people can be comforted to such a shocking event.

Its a video game. I only hope that the people playing this rated M game know she is not a real person and does not need appreciation threads. Sure, you can feel bad for her but if you really need comforting for a video game character death than you need to leave your moms basement more often.

• @kirby18 said: Its a video game. I only hope that the people playing this rated M game know she is not a real person and does not need appreciation threads. Sure, you can feel bad for her but if you really need comforting for a video game character death than you need to leave your moms basement more often.

You've touched on a point. She is a fictional character and logically thinking it's not rational to feel so heart-wrenched. But this is a character-based game with extremely well written characters, and if you're not somehow moved by it all, then I think the developers would consider that a failure on their part.

• @Cyreen said: That wasn't really Sandra Lee killed, that was her creepy SWF girlfriend, Tiffany, who came over to do manicures. Sandra was actually barricaded upstairs in one of the bedrooms.

She's coming for you.

Pay the babysitter and leave her pizza money, or DIE!

• @kirby18 said: Its a video game. I only hope that the people playing this rated M game know she is not a real person and does not need appreciation threads. Sure, you can feel bad for her but if you really need comforting for a video game character death than you need to leave your moms basement more often.

Come on, man... Have you never read a book so good that you never wanted to put it down? That you kind of felt what the main character felt and all that good stuff? I'm not saying that people should go out and mourn a video game character's death but it's a good, well-written, and well displayed story. Stories are meant to provoke some emotions I think.

I bet many here thought that Larry was a dick and are complaining about people thinking that Carley was a nice fictional person "because only virgins living in moms basement have any kind of minimal feeling for a female video game character".

• @plaqueconspiracy said: Come on, man... Have you never read a book so good that you never wanted to put it down? That you kind of felt what the main character felt and all that good stuff? I'm not saying that people should go out and mourn a video game character's death but it's a good, well-written, and well displayed story. Stories are meant to provoke some emotions I think.

I bet many here thought that Larry was a dick and are complaining about people thinking that Carley was a nice fictional person "because only virgins living in moms basement have any kind of minimal feeling for a female video game character".

your right and i was not trying to insult anyone. i will be the first to tell you the game is written extremely well but still i think its different than a book ...sort of. just my opinion though

Add Comment