13 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Yeah, but doesn't mean she commits suicide. Around the camp fire by the train are: Lilly, Lee, Kenny, Hershel, Doug, and Glenn; we know that not all of these people are present when at the train.

• @rachellouise85 said: Around the camp fire by the train are: Lilly, Lee, Kenny, Hershel, Doug, and Glenn; we know that not all of these people are present when at the train.

I'm not sure that's Hershel (0:47), but exactly, doesn't happen.

• It definitely is Christa in the trailer committing suicide. However, that doesn't mean she is going to kill herself. It's not as if they are going to show a character dying in the trailer that will happen in the actual plot. It is there to show that suicide is a factor that the game deals with in the zombie apocalypse.

• It's possible that this was an early build. They didn't have that one-scene NPC rendered at the time, so they used Christa (who they made early because she has a bigger role) instead. Either way, this was just a demo video.

• Pre-release trailer. They changed it up since then.

Still, not sure why Kenny is acting like that in the picture with Christa. I wonder what kind of role she had in the earlier stages of the game? (or maybe what role she will have later)

Also, note that the picture of them sitting at the train is the same picture that is on the Episode 2 part of the Walking Dead website.

http://www.telltalegames.com/walkingdead/episodes/

They must've planned for them to discover the train earlier

• double bluff me thinks

we've had irene/katjaa suiciding so why not christa ?

heck even kenny/ben

• At the camp fire that is Hershel (or Chuck?). That is most definately Christa. I noticed Ben was there too so it wouldn't have been Katja's suicide. I wouldn't be surprised if she died, if I used Omid as walker bait that would upset her enough.

• @L e x said: Wow it does look like Christa but it has to be Katja cuz of Kenny's reaction and it's in the woods were she actually did commit suicide

And she shot herself in the head too, so this is what I think.----^

It was all probably written before the characters were designed, therefore Katjaa looks different.
    And if anything im sure we will get the chance to talk Christa out of it or something.

• Maybe she changes her mind before she blows out her brains and kills Kenny instead. Maybe she's upset over the death of Omid and threatens to off herself but pulls back. We've already had two suicides by handgun in the game. I hope that they don't choose this route out for many more characters. It's kinda lazy, from a writing perspective.

[I]Think about it, y'all......[/I]

• @Sergiy said: And she shot herself in the head too, so this is what I think.----^

It was all probably written before the characters were designed, therefore Katjaa looks different.
    And if anything im sure we will get the chance to talk Christa out of it or something.

I think it's what other posters were saying and that Katja was swapped for Christa so the story wouldn't be spoiled. Do you really think Kenny would show so much emotion over Christa, a complete stranger, killing herself when he basically killed Larry like it was nothing? Also Ben is there maybe foreshadowing that Ben's deal with the bandits caused the group to get raided which eventually caused Duck's bite and Katja's suicide. But you could be right with the character design change, we don't know for sure.

Add Comment