User Avatar Image

(SPOILER ALERT!!!)Anyone else extremely upset by this in episode 3

posted by Dante30 on - last edited - Viewed by 1K users

I really liked Lilly, and i was so mad when she took off on her own because of her killing Carley..and after i completed the episode i went back on another saved game and tried to re-do it so she wouldn't kill Carley and take off but no matter what you do she leaves the group. What makes me upset about it is now there's no chance of getting it in with Lilly or Carley! Maybe Lilly will appear again in another episode? I hope she does, she was my favorite character

32 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Dante30 said: But that's realistic though...Can't a person get a lesser punishment or even acquitted from a crime if they are deemed mentally insane? With all that's happened to Lilly i think you can consider her legally insane. She's forgiven by me. I think that some gamers' judgement on Lilly is clouded by the fact that they had a crush on Carley.

Yeah, I don't think real life is like Law and Order, you don't get out after 6 months after fooling a jury. A lot of mental insane people spend their lives in the asylum (or quite a long stretch). Spending a good portion of your life in an asylum does not seem like the punishment is less.

• It was a pretty upsetting episode for me.
    I lost Doug my favorite character

Duck was pretty cute when we went on an investigation, and he just died.

Katjaa was a nice person, but ended up killing herself

Kenny my best friend, has turned into a very dark character.

Lilly i hoped and thought she wouldn't kill anyone after her dad was killed, instead she killed Doug which was supposed to be Ben, or Carley, over stolen medicine...

I'm more worried about Ben getting Killed off in EP4 or EP5, people are so upset with him thinking he's the reason Carley is dead, but no one ever listens to reason.

• You just admitted that you would let a mentally insane person watch your back in the zombie apocalypse...

I never sided with Lilly, but even I have to give her credit for the stuff she did right. The food rationing, for one. Hard, but necessary for the group's survival. I feel I might have liked her more if she wasn't always influenced by Larry in the first two episodes, because she never really stood up to him. At least not without taking it back when he called her on it. But then, in 3, Lilly saved the group during the raid. She shot the bandit leader, distracting the other bandits long enough for Carley to grab a gun and everyone else to get to cover. Keeping her own tabs on the supplies was also a clever idea.

But when she murdered Carley, she had no evidence. Carley may have pushed her a little too far at just the wrong moment, but that doesn't mean we can just dismiss a cold blooded murder amongst the group when all we have is each other. If she snapped but slapped Carley accross the face, or went up and put a knee between Kenny's legs, and hard, then we could forgive her. Ok, Kenny's future children may not, but that's beside the point.

• I have to admit, I found the episode fairly shocking.

It's worse that my main favorite NPC (Carley) was killed by my second favorite NPC (Lilly), with two other characters removed as collateral damage.

Of course, this is the midpoint of the storyline... the time when things are supposed to go bad.

• @Rock114 said: You just admitted that you would let a mentally insane person watch your back in the zombie apocalypse...

I never sided with Lilly, but even I have to give her credit for the stuff she did right. The food rationing, for one. Hard, but necessary for the group's survival. I feel I might have liked her more if she wasn't always influenced by Larry in the first two episodes, because she never really stood up to him. At least not without taking it back when he called her on it. But then, in 3, Lilly saved the group during the raid. She shot the bandit leader, distracting the other bandits long enough for Carley to grab a gun and everyone else to get to cover. Keeping her own tabs on the supplies was also a clever idea.

But when she murdered Carley, she had no evidence. Carley may have pushed her a little too far at just the wrong moment, but that doesn't mean we can just dismiss a cold blooded murder amongst the group when all we have is each other. If she snapped but slapped Carley accross the face, or went up and put a knee between Kenny's legs, and hard, then we could forgive her. Ok, Kenny's future children may not, but that's beside the point.

It's not like she was always mentally insane. I can relate to Lily being a leader and having to make tough and stressful decisions, that may not be the group's favorite, but has to be done in order to keep control of the group. Lily's always had Lee's back, and even after what happened to her dad she would (well, for me anyway because i chose to try and help him). I trust Lily way more than Kenny as well...she took the news about me being a murderer better than Kenny did and Kenny almost let Lee die under that door.

But as for Lily killing Carley, it's not like i think that was the right thing to do, cause it wasn't. I didn't like it but i guess she had it coming to her. She should've known Lily's mind state and should've tried talking to her more in a less harsh way. If anyone killed one of my parents without knowing they were a zombie for sure first, i'd snap somone's shit up too

• If you were talking to me, I never said i wanted Lilly to watch my back in a zombie apoc, i clearly said Doug was my favorite character, i actually just thought she would care for people more than about herself, i didn't think she'd kill someone after her father died, for instance at the station wagon she didn't want to take the supplies because she didn't want to feel guilty for ruining another family's life, it felt like she wouldn't hurt anyone, unless the situation was nessecary.

• @Dante30 said: It's not like she was always mentally insane. I can relate to Lily being a leader and having to make tough and stressful decisions, that may not be the group's favorite, but has to be done in order to keep control of the group. Lily's always had Lee's back, and even after what happened to her dad she would (well, for me anyway because i chose to try and help him). I trust Lily way more than Kenny as well...she took the news about me being a murderer better than Kenny did and Kenny almost let Lee die under that door.

But as for Lily killing Carley, it's not like i think that was the right thing to do, cause it wasn't. I didn't like it but i guess she had it coming to her. She should've known Lily's mind state and should've tried talking to her more in a less harsh way. If anyone killed one of my parents without knowing they were a zombie for sure first, i'd snap somone's shit up too

The problem with mentally unstable people is even if they are not always crazy, you have no idea when they are going to lose it again and shoot somebody. And that whole bit about it being Carley's fault for Lily shooting her is pretty far fetched. Carley insulting her doesn't give her a justification for shooting her in the face.

• @skepticalguy90 said: The problem with mentally unstable people is even if they are not always crazy, you have no idea when they are going to lose it again and shoot somebody. And that whole bit about it being Carley's fault for Lily shooting her is pretty far fetched. Carley insulting her doesn't give her a justification for shooting her in the face.

I never said it was entirely her fault, like i said it was the wrong thing for Lily to do to shoot her of course, but Carley just said the wrong thing at the wrong time. She also made her self look more suspicious to Lily trying to defend Ben

• I was devistated that Lilly had shot Carley. I really began to like Lilly as a character, her softer side that began to show really grew on me. She knows what she was doing and she wasn't no pushover. I did like Carley a lot though, she was friendly, trustworthy and the relationship that began to form between her and Lee was really interesting.

I'm glad I took Lilly with me though because then hopefully she will show up later in Ep 4 or 5 and hopefully she won't be trying to kill me.

• Lilly was always crazy. Played through Episode 1 and the first time you meet her, she's trying to kick you and the kids back into the middle of the zombie apocalypse. In fact, the first time she opens her mouth starts an argument with Carley where Carley is trying to keep you alive while Lilly is trying to throw you out into the jaws of death.

The difference is that in the first argument Lilly didn't have the gun, Carley did. In the second argument, Carley didn't have the gun, Lilly did. Lilly was always a poisonous coward and a monster who only wanted people as long as they were useful.

And she never once came up with a good plan until the beginning of Episode 3 (which she screwed up anyway by shooting the bandit you had already negotiated with). She was always telling people what to do when things were calm and then she'd break down and hide when crap hit the fan.

Seriously, Kenny is a friggin' superstar in hindsight. Total douche sometimes, yeah, but he never wanted power or tried to keep it, he was just a natural leader.

Add Comment