User Avatar Image

Generic 'Telltale should make...' thread

posted by Stalkers on - last edited - Viewed by 13.6K users

Was this ever discussed as a potential license? The book series is immensely popular and I guess the license isn't too expensive since the TV series bombed. The stories contain quite a bit of detective work and therefore could probably easily adapted into a computer game, probably as a kind of side story to the ongoing story arc - I mean, there are tons of novellas and short stories already.

774 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @TheRights345 said: I was just watching the brand new series of Doctor Who in the UK.
    And an idea sparked into my mind...

Is it just me or should Telltale Games should make and develop a game for Doctor Who? I know there are some, but some just find it... undesirable.

So, just a thought, do you think it should happen?

It seems to be the most common request around these parts (and rightly so!). From the various videos that have been posted of the Telltale offices, a decent proportion of the staff are fans (with various memorabillia on their desks). But I think there's a whole host of issues. Like getting/paying for Matt & co to jet over to the U.S. to record their lines. And I don't think BBC worldwide is particularly enthusiastic about trusting the license to a foreign business, who won't have grown up with it as UK game studios have. They do have Wallace & Gromit in their favour though. Pure speculation, but that's what I think will hold them back. Plus they've got several games on the horizon still (Kings Quest was one, i'm sure there was another.)

• @Friar said: It seems to be the most common request around these parts (and rightly so!). From the various videos that have been posted of the Telltale offices, a decent proportion of the staff are fans (with various memorabillia on their desks). But I think there's a whole host of issues. Like getting/paying for Matt & co to jet over to the U.S. to record their lines. And I don't think BBC worldwide is particularly enthusiastic about trusting the license to a foreign business, who won't have grown up with it as UK game studios have. They do have Wallace & Gromit in their favour though. Pure speculation, but that's what I think will hold them back. Plus they've got several games on the horizon still (Kings Quest was one, i'm sure there was another.)

It doesn't have to be Matt, Karen and Arthur to do the voices. Check out The Walking Dead. Original story, new characters, going very well. And Doctor Who got a bunch of writers to make the stories, so maybe that could work?

...But then again, Matt is a very good Doctor... so we would need him.

• You can't have a Doctor Who game without the Doctor. Full stop.

The other game you were thinking of was Fables, Friar.

• @TheRights345 said: I was just watching the brand new series of Doctor Who in the UK.
    And an idea sparked into my mind...

Is it just me or should Telltale Games should make and develop a game for Doctor Who? I know there are some, but some just find it... undesirable.

So, just a thought, do you think it should happen?

I would buy and play it, but ONLY if it had David Tennant. Matt Smith or whoever the 11th doctor is seems like a poofter.

• @darham175 said: I would buy and play it, but ONLY if it had David Tennant. Matt Smith or whoever the 11th doctor is seems like a poofter.

Then you'd be shit out of luck, because they'd only ever use the current Doctor.

• @darham175 said: I would buy and play it, but ONLY if it had David Tennant. Matt Smith or whoever the 11th doctor is seems like a poofter.

Use of derogatory language aside, you do realise that the show has an existence outside of the tenth Doctor, right?

• I can't be the only one who's thought this, but I signed up to say it.

Telltale's JAWS

Imagine it. Being stranded in the middle of the ocean in the Orca, or something similar, with a shark fin circling you, tensions running high with your crew, urging the mayor to shut the beaches down, etc.

Maybe it's just because JAWS is my favorite film, but I think this'd be fantastic.

• @BobExecutive said: I can't be the only one who's thought this, but I signed up to say it.

Telltale's JAWS

Imagine it. Being stranded in the middle of the ocean in the Orca, or something similar, with a shark fin circling you, tensions running high with your crew, urging the mayor to shut the beaches down, etc.

Maybe it's just because JAWS is my favorite film, but I think this'd be fantastic.

This has already been discussed. Telltale is obviously buddies with Universal Studios, so I could imagine that they could get the rights.

• They should make a second Strong Bad season. He's been gone for around 2 years and a new game would be a great comeback.

• Ace Ventura: Pet Detective

I know you want it.

Add Comment