User Avatar Image

Do you think it would be possible to cure an infected person?

posted by Gvazdas on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users

Hey guys, so I've recently thought about this.
What if you were actually able to stop an infection if you were to act fast and had the proper medical supplies?
Now, I did not study medicine, but here's what I understand:
1. After someone was bitten by an infected zombie, the zombie sinks their teeth in a victim's skin, causing a wound and bacteria from their mouth and saliva to get into the wound.
2. Infection is never instant in a real-life situation. If you have, say, experience in medicine, have the proper medical supplies and perhaps even a doctor near you, a real-life infection could be cured almost instantly.
Now, if you were infected and had so much experience and expertise in medicine, and acted fast, do you think you'd be able to cure your infection?
As soon as you get bitten and kill the zombie, you clean your wound with a medicinal towel, then pour a lot of peroxide on the wound, clean it again and swallow some anti-bacterial pills (I'm not sure those exist) and do whatever you can with the medicine you have to get cured.
So, what do you think? Vote in the poll and then post your opinion.

56 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Gvazdas said: Well, the only logical explanation is it is. It doesn't make sense if a person turns into a zombie AFTER infection, though. If he is infected, why won't he get infected immediately? Does he need a stimulus such as dying blood cells or other fully infected bacteria?

I think the problem is you are trying to inject logic into a fictional story about zombies. You can try to pick it apart, but I don't think you'll find many answers that you would find satisfactory.

• @thestalkinghead said: maybe we could "cure" it if we redefine it, if we call them "living impaired" instead of "zombies" that would "cure" a lot of the bad feelings around the "living impaired"

Very Shaun of the Dead.

• In the TV series, they said the French were the closest to curing it, but they got evaporated before they could find the final piece of the puzzle.

However, my guess is that during the start of the apocalypse, people had to be admitted for bites in the hospital, and of course Doctors and nurses would use every antibiotic and combination of medicines they could find, and if they obviously never cured a "bite" patient. I just believe once your bit, that is it.

• @NeonBlade said: In the TV series, they said the French were the closest to curing it, but they got evaporated before they could find the final piece of the puzzle.

However, my guess is that during the start of the apocalypse, people had to be admitted for bites in the hospital, and of course Doctors and nurses would use every antibiotic and combination of medicines they could find, and if they obviously never cured a "bite" patient. I just believe once your bit, that is it.

I thought he said the French "held out the longest." I don't recall him saying anything about a cure. o_o I dun remember. I stopped watching the show after the Sophia crap. It got boring after that. x_x And I just didn't care anymore. :D

• This bacteria the zombies have seems to resist our current medicine, therefore the cure is yet to be found. Notice that when it comes to the bite, it's the fever that kills the victim. Not the "turining into zombie" process.

And as many said already, the only cure for now is quick amputation.

• What DeadManWalking said. The French survived longer, not "almost found a cure". There is no cure. No one's even discovered a cause or responsible strain. All Jenner brought to the table (in that episode that doesn't belong in the universe) is tainted flesh samples from his wife and a CT Scan of his wife's brain as she died.

Nothing tangible was learned aside from "whatever it is, everyone has it".

• The comic, as well as the tv series showed, there is no cure other than amputation.

• @JabbaDaHuttX7 said: I... don't understand why that's stupid.

would you leave a secure bunker, knowing all the bad things that are happening and that the military isn't winning, and that you are not only one of the few survivors of the human race, but also one of the few people that can cure it?

• The Enclave sure as hell didn't, Stalkinghead.

• @Drbg said: The Enclave sure as hell didn't, Stalkinghead.

yeah i think living in bunkers is more believable than everybody leaving them mid apocalypse

Add Comment