User Avatar Image

TWD Season 2 speculation/suggestion (merged threads)

posted by Yusuf Koroma on - last edited - Viewed by 25.5K users

In the coming months, Telltale Games will release three more episodes of their adventure game The Walking Dead. They won't stop there, though. Telltale marketing executive Steve Allison said that they will create a second season eventually as well.

"Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do," Allison told Polygon.

The Walking Dead has been a huge critical and commercial success for Telltale. The first episode, "A New Day," sold almost 1.7 million copies in its first two months. It's said to be the company's fastest-selling game ever.

The game starts before the events of the Walking Dead show and comic. Lee Everett, a man convicted of murder, has been unexpectedly free as a zombie outbreak sweeps the globe. He and a small group of survivors band together in order to stay alive. As Lee, players must endure zombie attacks as well as internal strife among the survivors.

It's not clear whether the second season of the game will be a direct continuation of the first season. They might just decide to tell a new story with a completely different cast of characters. I'd be happy with either. The writing for these games has proven top-notch so I have faith that Telltale could craft another compelling set of survivors for us to follow.

Episode 3 of Walking Dead will be available in August. "Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do."

www.cinemablend.com/games/Walking-Dead-Game-Season-Two-Confirmed-44364.html

1.2K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Um... add and discuss? >_> All hail Red Panda, and his totally awesome transition ideas into the second series! For a Red panda is merely a Panda, covered in blood... and that would probably freak anyone out that wasn't packing an elephant gun. :D So... yeah. :P

Disclaimer: My praise is generated by lack of sleep, a hangover and the inability to formulate coherent words, at the moment. <3

• If they're continuing season 2 with Lee's story, (I hope) I see Lee and Clem joining a group of new survivors. Slowly but surely, TT is killing off every character in your group in preparation for the final episode in season 1.

• My wish list for season 2 is the following:

- New characters, new story and new group.
    - Give us another perspective of the ZA. Something new and exciting.
    - Cameos from various characters from the game and comic book.
    - A female protagonist... for a change.
    - more urban zombie infested setting.

Since the TWD world is already shown in season 1, you might throw us into the middle of the story, not necessary to start all over from the beginning of the ZA.

Things I do not want to see in season 2:
    - Continuation of the story from season 1. It needs conclusion now, not after a year. Besides, I don't really think there so much more to tell in this one. Most of the characters are already gone and if new ones need to be introduced then I would like to see an entirely different story and setting.

------

I don't think that season 2 will continue the story of Lee because at this moment he is way too undefined.
    For example - your Lee wanted to be with Carley, mine wanted to run away with Lilly. It will be a plothole to see my Lee being hostile to Lilly if they ever meet again or starting to mourn Carley's loss.
    I don't think they can keep him around for another season. Better start fresh.

• @Norskatt said: I think I want to see what happens in this season before I start offering suggestions for the second.

Yeah, I thought about that also.

But in the end some things can be suggested without the need to see all the episodes, like one member suggested the ability to stop the timer for people that are dyslexic or otherwise have trouble reading.

• @YamiRaziel said: My wish list for season 2 is the following:

Since the TWD world is already shown in season 1, you might throw us into the middle of the story, not necessary to start all over from the beginning of the ZA.

Things I do not want to see in season 2:
    - Continuation of the story from season 1. It needs conclusion now, not after a year. Besides, I don't really think there so much more to tell in this one. Most of the characters are already gone and if new ones need to be introduced then I would like to see an entirely different story and setting.

------

I don't think that season 2 will continue the story of Lee because at this moment he is way too undefined.
    For example - your Lee wanted to be with Carley, mine wanted to run away with Lilly. It will be a plothole to see my Lee being hostile to Lilly if they ever meet again or starting to mourn Carley's loss.
    I don't think they can keep him around for another season. Better start fresh.

This is actually all of the elements I would like to see incorporated in season 2. Wow we actually agree on something :D

• @YamiRaziel said: My wish list for season 2 is the following:

Personally, I'd like the option to choose what sex or maybe switch perspectives in the same story between a man or a woman.

• I like the diversity. Keep that! Expand on it even.

• I have a bunch of ideas, I'm not going to share if no one from the telltale team goes to this thread and if they don't its a waste of time

• @StreetsAhead24 said: This is actually all of the elements I would like to see incorporated in season 2. Wow we actually agree on something :D

What do you know... ;)

• @YamiRaziel said:

That sums up my thoughts completely.

Lee and Clem's story definitely needs completion this season.

Add Comment