User Avatar Image

If It's Not the Bite that Does It, What's the Big Deal?

posted by MisterMisfit on - last edited - Viewed by 535 users

*SPOILERS BELOW*

As revealed in episode 2, infection isn't spread by a zombie bite... but then why does episode 3 throw this out? For example, the Macon girl is treated like a lost cause cos her leg was bitten. And then of course the biggest example being Duck suffering a small bite.

21 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The screaming girl outside the pharmacy was surrounded by walkers whereas Duck was bitten on his leg.

• The bite does spread infection they were saying you dont have to be bit, you cn just die

• The bite kills you, it doesn't turn you into a zombie (walker). You will become one however you die, unless you die from something that destroys your brain.

• @MisterMisfit said: *SPOILERS BELOW*

As revealed in episode 2, infection isn't spread by a zombie bite... but then why does episode 3 throw this out? For example, the Macon girl is treated like a lost cause cos her leg was bitten. And then of course the biggest example being Duck suffering a small bite.

The bite is 100 percent lethal. If the bitten part can be amputated you can survive.

• @Drbg said: The bite is 100 percent lethal.

Unless you chop off the affected limb immediately.

• @skepticalguy90 said: Unless you chop off the affected limb immediately.

Didn't you read the second sentence right after that?

The bite is 100 percent lethal. If the bitten part can be amputated you can survive.

I would agree with the previous posters that a bite is fatal and however you die you become a zombie, but then it would make me look like a hypocrite, considering what I just said above.

;)

• Yeah, though people so far in the game haven't been that lucky with amputations. xd they would need to find a proper doctor or even better, a surgeon. She would likely die before that happened.

• @MisterMisfit said: *SPOILERS BELOW*

I can see how this would be confusing since the info comes from three different sources (the video game, the comics and the TV show). Let's just stick with the video game since the in game info provided is probably what we should be going by anyways.

1) If a person dies, for whatever reason, they reanimate as a walker. Unless, they died of massive head trauma like the Macon girl.

2) Reanimation happens pretty fast. How fast? Don't know....just fast.

3) If you get bit, you will get sick and die at a fast rate. Since you died...see item 1 above.

Hope this helps.

• Bite kills you. Dieing with brain intact (no matter how) turns you into walker.
    I don't see the question.

• @Kiel555 said: 1) If a person dies, for whatever reason, they reanimate as a walker. Unless, they died of massive head trauma like the Macon girl.

2) Reanimation happens pretty fast. How fast? Don't know....just fast.

3) If you get bit, you will get sick and die at a fast rate. Since you died...see item 1 above.

This..

Also I think it's not the "zombie" infection in the bite itself that kills at a fast rate because we're already infected in the game. Could be other infections considering walkers won't care for the virtues of proper mouth hygiene.

For example in the natural world the komodo dragon hunts this way. Their saliva contains all kinds of nasty micro organisms and they looooove rotten meat. Usually they'll just bite a couple of times, stalk their prey till it croaks due to a festering sickness and then they'll feast. Maybe walkers are a bit like komodo dragons in that way. ;)

Add Comment