User Avatar Image

[Ep1-3, SPOILERS]Team Lilly vs. Team Kenny (merged threads)

posted by Zeekay980 on - last edited - Viewed by 9.4K users

All of Kenny's decisions are about taking risks. A lot of them unnecessary or not that thought out. "We break the lock and see what they're hiding. If those farmers give us trouble we take em' out" or something like that. Let's not forget rushing to rescue his family without even grabbing a weapon or looking for the other brother. Some are sensible risks like we have to leave our safe haven otherwise we starve. Lilly is all about playing it safe. She doesn't want any new people because they are unknowns and extra mouths to feed. She doesn't want to risk leaving a place they know is safe to try to find someplace with more food that might not exist. When given enough suspicions about the farm, she suggests just leaving without snooping around or getting dinner. She also doesn't want to loot the car because it might not be abandoned and she doesn't want to risk fucking up somebody's life. The only time they are reversed is with Larry for obvious reasons. Just my two cents.

316 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Yeah and later the walkers that were attracted by the shot entered the shop and killed Carley/Doug.

Well, he killed Larry in an eye-blink. Maybe we should've let Lilly kill his son then. Eye for eye...
    Even if they did, it still wouldn't be enough for me. Larry had a chance to survive, no matter how slim it was... Duck had NONE at all. It's wouldn't be the same.

You seem to forget that Larry was Lilly's father. It was her family that Kenny didn't hesitate to destroy, but he couldn't finish off his own. Why shouldn't I call him a hypocrite. That's what he is :p :D

@Rodia said: Even after LIlly killed Carley, I'd still be on her side. I'm mad at Ben, not her.

Amen. Just add Kenny next to Ben :P

• @YamiRaziel said: Yeah and later the walkers that were attracted by the shot entered the shop and killed Carley/Doug.

Well, he killed Larry in an eye-blink. Maybe we should've let Lilly kill his son then. Eye for eye...
    Even if they did, it still wouldn't be enough for me. Larry had a chance to survive, no matter how slim it was... Duck had NONE at all. It's wouldn't be the same.

You seem to forget that Larry was Lilly's father. It was her family that Kenny didn't hesitate to destroy, but he couldn't finish off his own. Why shouldn't I call him a hypocrite. That's what he is :p :D

the context changes the situation, so it isnt hypocrisy, your a fool and a fanboy if you can see the difference

• @thestalkinghead said: the context changes the situation, so it isnt hypocrisy, your a fool and a fanboy if you can see the difference

Learn to respect other people's opinion, kid. I might argue with people and defend my beliefs but I'm not calling anybody names.

• @YamiRaziel said: Learn to respect other people's opinion, kid. I might argue with people and defend my beliefs but I'm not calling anybody names.

but you constant warping of what happened and overly biased opinion is annoying

• @YamiRaziel said: Yeah and later the walkers that were attracted by the shot entered the shop and killed Carley/Doug.

Sorry I thought the walkers were attracted by the burglar alarm. :P

Kenny only had a small time to decide what to do, he could reanimate any second. Duck however was not even dead, he was still alive and surrounded by big people with guns. Duck had a huge chance, thankfully Larry was wrong. Larry also had a chance but it was tiny and the risks were huge.

And sorry but Kenny had to make the Larry choice quickly. He had time for Duck and he told Lee, basically asking him to be careful and showing that he cares for him and Clem. Again can't make any father make the choice to kill his son quickly. And he told Lee, so they were ready for him turning. Also If Kenny didn't make the call, I would kill Duck. Thank god Kenny is smart

• @thestalkinghead said: but you constant warping of what happened and overly biased opinion is annoying

Don't you think that from my point of you, you look overly biased? I don't mind that because I love good discussions. If you do not like it what are you doing in a Team Lilly vs Team Kenny thread? Go to Team Kenny forever thread or something.

Wrighty, I cannot agree, I'm sorry. But Larry situation in ep 2 is exactly the same as Duck in ep 3. Duck could've died any second and reanimated. Nobody really knows how this work. He would kill somebody that's why I believe that clip I showed you is put in the game in the first place. Duck was even a bigger danger than Larry.
    You say that you can't force a dad to kill his son. Well, yeah but he didn't hesitate with Larry. I feel that you don't really care about him so that's why you can't see why it is almost the same. What if Clem shot and was either dying/ or being saved and Kenny dropped a salt-lick on her head just because she MIGHT turn. Would you feel the same as you feel now?

• @YamiRaziel said: Don't you think that from my point of you, you look overly biased? I don't mind that because I love good discussions. If you do not like it what are you doing in a Team Lilly vs Team Kenny thread? Go to Team Kenny forever thread or something.

Wrighty, I cannot agree, I'm sorry. But Larry situation in ep 2 is exactly the same as Duck in ep 3. Duck could've died any second and reanimated. Nobody really knows how this work. He would kill somebody that's why I believe that clip I showed you is put in the game in the first place. Duck was even a bigger danger than Larry.
    You say that you can't force a dad to kill his son. Well, yeah but he didn't hesitate with Larry. I feel that you don't really care about him so that's why you can't see why it is almost the same. What if Clem shot and was either dying/ or being saved and Kenny dropped a salt-lick on her head just because she MIGHT turn. Would you feel the same as you feel now?

thats what i mean by context, the first and most important thing is that she is a child, as a child she had less muscle less strength, she also has much more potential life in her, this changes the situation enough so that the decision to kill a child for the protection of others is an entirely different decision than to kill a massive old man with a heart condition

• @YamiRaziel said: Don't you think that from my point of you, you look overly biased? I don't mind that because I love good discussions. If you do not like it what are you doing in a Team Lilly vs Team Kenny thread? Go to Team Kenny forever thread or something.

I agree Duck is a danger but not as much as Larry, I've already posted why so I won't bother. Agree to Disagree.

Clem wouldn't be as much as a threat as Larry but I would stand and watch and feel horrible. In a enclosed space, she is really dangerous. Also there are people outside the meat locker who need me to live and I can't risk letting them die (Kat and Duck)

How was Duck a bigger danger? They were locked in a meatlocker with a possible 300 pound monster. Honestly, I tried to save Larry, but I don't think Kenny was wrong in killing him. If Larry gets up and starts moving around, that salt lick is a hell of a lot harder to kill him with and you can pretty much guarantee that everyone in the meatlocker is dead.

• @thestalkinghead said: thats what i mean by context, the first and most important thing is that she is a child, as a child she had less muscle less strength, she also has much more potential life in her, this changes the situation enough so that the decision to kill a child for the protection of others is an entirely different decision than to kill a massive old man with a heart condition

Watch from 2:18 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0_E9...ature=youtu.be

As far as I've seen all walkers have same strength and agility, despite age or gender. I would even guess that a child walker will be quicker than an old guy. Anyway, it's all walkers to me.

Wrighty, I'm against neglecting one person's family for another's. You clearly didn't wanted to help Lilly and Larry and that's your right. But you can't convince me that's correct. In the meat locker situation Katjaa and Duck could've already been dead, you have no reason to believe they are alive. Kenny likes two think they are, of course, but he doesn't have a proof. Lilly, however, needed you right there right away.
    Why I chose Lilly? She needed me and I couldn't have let my misunderstandings with Larry cloud my judgement of what's right and wrong.

Okay, fellas, let's agree to disagree until somebody else joins the conversation. We are turning this into a private chat :)

skepticalguy90, it was a risk I was willing to take, just as I allowed Katjaa and Kenny to take their time with Duck. You can check the clip as well :)

Add Comment