User Avatar Image

Is this a bug or intended?[MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS..or not?]

posted by Rodia on - last edited - Viewed by 187 users

So, I was at the end of Episode 3 when I have to choose between helping Christa or Omid, I decided to troll a bit and choose the "Talk" options to yell at them "HURRY!" as much as I could when they both actually made it into the train, all by themselves(morale boosts actually work!).

This felt kinda odd to me, but it only pissed me off when I replayed the scene and saved both Christa and Omid, both choices resulting in either of them dying. Both of them get angry at me if I choose one over the other, and Christa gets even crazier when I try to coach them into the train, the ungrateful slag.

So, what the fuck is this shit about?(pardon my French) How is this possible? I mean, even if both of them are alive, they're gonna hate me for not trying to help them, so what's the point of picking one over the other if the remaining one will hate me twice for that?

I might as well pick Omid. Christa's an obnoxious bitch.

11 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Rodia said: So, I was at the end of Episode 3 when I have to choose between helping Christa or Omid, I decided to troll a bit and choose the "Talk" options to yell at them "HURRY!" as much as I could when they both actually made it into the train, all by themselves(morale boosts actually work!).

    This felt kinda odd to me, but it only pissed me off when I replayed the scene and saved both Christa and Omid, both choices resulting in either of them dying. Both of them get angry at me if I choose one over the other, and Christa gets even crazier when I try to coach them into the train, the ungrateful slag.

    So, what the fuck is this shit about?(pardon my French) How is this possible? I mean, even if both of them are alive, they're gonna hate me for not trying to help them, so what's the point of picking one over the other if the remaining one will hate me twice for that?

    I might as well pick Omid. Christa's an obnoxious bitch.



    Probably a bug. Why would this be intended? :S

  • It's not a bug guys. It's just Telltale showing you that sometimes no matter how hard you try, you will never be the good guy in some people's eyes.

  • @YamiRaziel said: It's not a bug guys. It's just Telltale showing you that sometimes no matter how hard you try, you will never be the good guy in some people's eyes.



    Oh, gee.. That's one hell of a lesson. I just met these clowns and I would've shot them both in the kneecaps to distract the walkers while we escaped, if I had the option. That's how much I care.

    Pardon my cynicism, but honestly, a lesson about who will like me or not felt kinda flat to me after the Lilly/Carley fiasco. They've been teaching us that lesson with the "Kenny or Lilly" story arc, that apparently, isn't worth a shit anyway, so..I guess that explains my bitterness.

  • But if you sided with Lilly, Kenny will be angry at you. If you sided with Kenny, Lilly will hate you but who cares she's a psycho.

    It's not that there are no choices. It's that the choices aren't artificially balanced out as equally valid just because two people are fighting each other.

  • It's not a bug?
    Well... Maybe... I don't know.
    I'M CONFUSED...
    Derp.

  • Why would it be a bug? you have 3 options, help christa, help omid or do nothing.
    there are many other situation where doing nothing is possible, the doug/shawn incident, the katjaa/doug incident at raid... etc etc.

  • @dubesor said: Why would it be a bug? you have 3 options, help christa, help omid or do nothing.
    there are many other situation where doing nothing is possible, the doug/shawn incident, the katjaa/doug incident at raid... etc etc.



    Well, you have a point there.

  • Welcome to a portion of virtual real life people. Sometimes, no matter what you do, how hard you try, you will always be the dick. :D

  • You can't please everybody.

    Not everyone will like you.

    You can't make everyone like you.

    That's not only a game lesson, that's a life lesson. :)

  • @8Bit_System said: Welcome to a portion of virtual real life people. Sometimes, no matter what you do, how hard you try, you will always be the dick. :D



    Hear, hear!

Add Comment