User Avatar Image

[SPOILERS]Ben's character and deeds

posted by SouthWardRB on - last edited - Viewed by 2.1K users

Either you saved Carley or Doug. These great characters shall be avenged. Yeah, Lilly killed them, BUT Ben was giving the extra stuff to the bandits, wich caused the whole thing.

These were great characters, ones who shouldn't be forgotten. Ben, a stupid little teenager who is more scared of everything then a 12 year old.

Please, by joining this thread, you 100% guarantee that you WILL kill Ben, at the first time you get.

376 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • After his reaction about the flash light and finding the stolen supplies in the drain thing I knew immediately it was Ben. No one else in the group would back down to the bandits without telling the rest of the group what was going on. This is why I defended Carley all the way through Lilly's accusations. I dislike Ben for not confessing because maybe, Carley wouldn't be dead?

• I didn't really think much about it, Lilly was the only one who really seemed to care that much about who stole the food- especially after all the stuff that went down (ma bro doug and ma other bro's family dyin'!). I didn't really care who stole the food anymore. When Ben told me I was just like "Why'd you have to tell me that, it doesn't matter anymore." Still, at least I know in future not to trust the guy.

• I agree with OP, I didn't really care who stole the supplies and when Ben finally admitted it I was too emotionally drained to be angry.

• If TTG wanted to be ballsy, here's what they should have done.

If you admit to Ben at the camp you are a killer AND you don't accuse him outright in the woods, he confesses to the crime. Then you vote if he stays or not. This would help give a sense of character development in Ben and respect the player's agency in the game.

The Walking Dead is starting to become very predictable with its unspoken rule 1/2 person dying per episode. I felt like TTG was playing too safe in episode 3 by wrestling control out of the player's hands to off characters and conveniently giving you control of decisions that don't change the story.

• @RIPCarley said: If TTG wanted to be ballsy, here's what they should have done.

If you admit to Ben at the camp you are a killer AND you don't accuse him outright in the woods, he confesses to the crime. Then you vote if he stays or not. This would help give a sense of character development in Ben and respect the player's agency in the game.

The Walking Dead is starting to become very predictable with its unspoken rule 1/2 person dying per episode. I felt like TTG was playing too safe in episode 3 by wrestling control out of the player's hands to off characters and conveniently giving you control of decisions that don't change the story.

some might consider your id tag a bit of a spoiler...for those who are new to the game..

ttg played safe in ep3 ?? wow if ep3 is 'safe' i dread to think what is moving in your mind...

i dunno if you've played many 'point n click action games' before but control on lee is always limited.. this is clear in ep1 and ep2...

• I don't know, sometimes I feel most people overreact... I mean, everytime people don't like someone in the game they just feel like that person deserves death, c'mon, people hated Duck (a freaking kid) just because he was a bit annoying, and actually blamed him for killing Shawn, instead of blaming whoever let a kid up on the tractor. What Ben did was not his fault, people complain about him not telling the group and blame the bandit's attack on him.

First off, why would anyone in the group (except for Lee) give two shits about Ben's friend being held captive by the bandits (which he didn't know was a lie)? Do you remember how Ben and the teacher were greeted by two people yelling at Lee and Kenny for bringing more mouths to feed?

Plus, Lilly was clearly about to snap and Ben says she scared the crap out of him, he certainly thought that if he had told her, she would've kicked him out of the group or killed him if people were against that idea (just like she tried outside the RV).

And also, how could the bandit attack be his fault? If anything, he just delayed it a little bit, it was bound to happen sooner or later, the fact there was a deal just meant the bandits could take advantage of the group for a while before they raided it. If there was no deal, they would've just simply kept attacking the motel.

But heck, maybe that's just me. I couldn't even blame Lilly for shooting Doug (I actually almost cried at that part), my favorite character, the only one that tried to keep the peace without violence along with Lee, and the last person on the group that would have deserved a death like that. What Lilly did was way worse than what Ben did, and if I couldn't be mad at her, I would never be mad at him.

Oh well, I've written enough, let me know what else you people think...

• @SouthWardRB said: Either you saved Carley or Doug. These great characters shall be avenged. Yeah, Lilly killed them, BUT Ben was giving the extra stuff to the bandits, wich caused the whole thing.

These were great characters, ones who shouldn't be forgotten. Ben, a stupid little teenager who is more scared of everything then a 12 year old.

Please, by joining this thread, you 100% guarantee that you WILL kill Ben, at the first time you get.

You have my word. Ben is already dead to me! I don't care how awful or sorry for Ben TTG makes me feel I'm pulling the trigger!

So let it be written so let it be done.

• How the fuck can you blame Ben so much? He's just a kid who thought he was protecting his friends/the group.
    Of course he should have told the group about the deal, but he was also dead afraid of Lilly, kicking his ass out of the group after his confession. So he did that what many kids would have done, try to hide it.
    Sure you may argue that in a ZA theres no time and place for this childish behaviour, but still it wasn't that of a big deal. After the scavenge we had a lot of stuff, we surely could have survived the loss of some meds.

If anybody is to blame, it's Lilly. She literally shot Carley in the face. I mean right in cold blood in the face. She didn't even show any remorse after it. The group was already small, why would a rational person decimate it more? The heck why would a rational person shoot sb. who wasn't even looking at him.

• Do you really want to kill Ben just because of Carley, even though she defended Ben?
    And Lilly killed Carley in cold blood without regrets, she interrogated her first in the RV as well.

Doug saved Ben from being shot and got himself killed instead, both of their deaths would be in vein, if you decide to kill Ben.

I'm just sick of all this "Kill Ben" nonsense because of Carley, it may be a game but you all treat it like Carley's the only human being around here.

I'm sorry, don't get me wrong I wanted to kill Ben at first too because of Doug, but you have to think hard about this, was Ben really the culprit of all this, or was Lilly's judgement the culprit, we were being attacked by the bandits before the episode started, you saw the arrows, we should've left the motel, but Lilly wanted to stay.

Even if he didn't tell the group about giving bandits supplies, it was just medicine, Lilly shouldn't have gotten all paranoid, we got more from the drug store anyways.

I know we all have a connection with each character, but you can't just kill Ben because you think it was his fault, and didn't get Carley as your romance.

• @Seath said: How the fuck can you blame Ben so much? He's just a kid who thought he was protecting his friends/the group.
    Of course he should have told the group about the deal, but he was also dead afraid of Lilly, kicking his ass out of the group after his confession. So he did that what many kids would have done, try to hide it.
    Sure you may argue that in a ZA theres no time and place for this childish behaviour, but still it wasn't that of a big deal. After the scavenge we had a lot of stuff, we surely could have survived the loss of some meds.

If anybody is to blame, it's Lilly. She literally shot Carley in the face. I mean right in cold blood in the face. She didn't even show any remorse after it. The group was already small, why would a rational person decimate it more? The heck why would a rational person shoot sb. who wasn't even looking at him.

I have read this and other comments where Ben's youth and inexperience should be taken into consideration....I understand. There were extenuating circumstances that affected Ben and his actions that should be taken into consideration...I understand. That someone else is to blame for any deaths that ocured....I understand.

Ben is a traitor. He committed the heinous crime of treason at a time when his community needed him the most and had placed special trust in him (you saw him on guard duty with a loaded weapon right?).

In my game, Ben will be executed at the earliest possible moment.

Add Comment