User Avatar Image

[SPOILERS] CARLEY [Ep 3 discussion]

posted by Oblivion1659 on - last edited - Viewed by 11.6K users

Hey i am really annoyed about carley being shot when it happend i didnt even want to carry on playing anyway maybe they could bring carly back she could have just been grazed by the bullet.No one even checked to she if she was dead the group could meet up with her again.I wont be buying anymore episodes unless carly comes back my friends also said the same.

Please say in the comments that you want carly back and make a thread about this and then maybe telltale games will see that we want carly back.

558 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Not every Lee had feelings for Carley. Mine didn't.
    Not every Lee had Carley alive at this point so the scratch theory is not going to work. What if Carley died at the drugstore at ep 1? It was obvious that Doug's bullet didn't just scratch his cheek.

  • Carley wasnt in my playthrough but I saw the video. The scene was very ...strange. It looks almost as if Lily was intentionally taking Carley out for saying her piece. That was a point blank shot in the face and she's not Neo, or Ozymandias so there's no coming back from that. Most likely walkers heard that shot and ate her within the hour.

  • @YamiRaziel said: Not every Lee had feelings for Carley. Mine didn't.
    Not every Lee had Carley alive at this point so the scratch theory is not going to work. What if Carley died at the drugstore at ep 1? It was obvious that Doug's bullet didn't just scratch his cheek.

    It was also obvious Carley's bullet didn't scratch her cheek, I've seen the cutscene of her death online, it pierces her skull head on.

  • We dont know where Carley was shot or if she suffered brain damage. Even if she was strafed the force would knock her over and out. And she would have a concussion. Just look at Daryl in the tv series.
    So telltale COULD bring her back.

    But that would be almost as stupid as Lee actually sitting down to discuss with Clem how they are going to find her parents in Savannah, when he knows they are dead and Savannah is probably a huge death trap. This is almost as dumb as the pacific playland in Zombieland.

  • I mean come one, if you had chosen the romance path for Lee, why didn't he bother checking her pulse/looking if there's a little bit of life left in her. Heck he didn't even gave her a look. And would you really leave the body of somebody you loved for zombie food?
    The problem is not that she died, but how she died.

  • I played this yesterday, and I honestly applaud the creators. I cannot recall when a game made me shout at 1 AM "NO!" like this game, because I loved Carley's character. It's fine for fans to feel robbed out of her, but her death should serve purpose. For Lee, to stop being so trust worthy of everyone, and to prevent future events like this.

    My only gripe was we didn't collect her body. Walkers were coming? It would've taken 15 seconds for Kenny and Ben to pick her body up and bring her in the RV. Crazy Lilly is there? Subdue her, hell, I personally wanted to shoot her in the leg(s) so she'd be sure to die. Plus, noone checked for a pulse. Yeah, headshots are 99% fatal, but still, just so noone can claim the bullet went through her cheek and got stopped by something.

    All in all, I'll miss Carley, the game wont feel the same to me without her, but that's zombie life for you. Don't grow attached to your party, you all die anyways.

  • @Seath said: I mean come one, if you had chosen the romance path for Lee, why didn't he bother checking her pulse/looking if there's a little bit of life left in her. Heck he didn't even gave her a look. And would you really leave the body of somebody you loved for zombie food?
    The problem is not that she died, but how she died.

    Is it possible that you're giving this romance more foundation than it actually had? Except for a kiss on the cheek I haven't seen anything that would indicate Lee was in love with Charley.
    Plus Lilly shot a gun near a zombie infested forest. They didn't really have time to check anything. If you leave Lilly behind you can even see one of the walkers running towards her.

  • @Gman5852 said: It was also obvious Carley's bullet didn't scratch her cheek, I've seen the cutscene of her death online, it pierces her skull head on.

    Where?

  • @YamiRaziel said: Is it possible that you're giving this romance more foundation than it actually had? Except for a kiss on the cheek I haven't seen anything that would indicate Lee was in love with Charley.
    Plus Lilly shot a gun near a zombie infested forest. They didn't really have time to check anything. If you leave Lilly behind you can even see one of the walkers running towards her.

    You mean you don't have time to check if your friend is dead or can be saved? The zombies were pretty far away..

  • @Lars80 said: Where?

    I was watching a Lets play of the series, and it was a perfect headshot from what I saw.

Add Comment