User Avatar Image

Even Clems Not Trustworthy

posted by kirby18 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.4K users

Were all so blinded by her cuteness but I seem to be the only one here who sees a major flaw here with the radio. Everyone on this forum keeps saying "the only one i trust is clem" but she clearly doesnt trust Lee!! heres why:

in the very beginning when kenny nd lee are returning with supplies lee sees clem holding her radio clearly in a way in which you would talk on it (as opposed to admiring the new stickers). IGN just released the full walkthrough and if you forgot or dont believe you can see it on part 1 i think of their walkthrough.

then, and this is my main point, when you are discussing the plan with her, she clearly makes it apparent she wants to go look for her parents before the boat. regardless of what you choose to say in that, the whole point is she doesnt mention the man on the radio who has confirmed to her that her parents are ok. we know shes a smart girl so put yourself in her shoes, if someone told you your parents are alive wouldnt you run to lee as fast as possible to tell him? not only that but even more so to back up that your parents arent dead in an argument as to what you will do when you get to savanah

thirdly, this has clearly been going on for a pretty extended period. as the guy claims "even if lee doesnt let you" , so basically here is what im saying with respect to next episode:

if clem did not mention the guy on the radio to lee it only means one thing she trusts the guy on the radio more than lee. i think clem might willingly go with him or willingly try to seperate from lee knowing he thinks her parents are dead, which they probably are. i think just being a kid, she heard her parents and went blind to the real threat. Id realky love to see some counter argument because i cant think of any... i mean clem hasnt come to lee to tell him anything (regarding secrets) like lee did by telling her that lee was convicted (if you chose that).... maybe she thinks lee is a bad person
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For comedic relief along side with a few decent points, here is a post from this thread from FankyMaloon :

In fact, I'm gonna take this even further: Clementine is totally in control of the whole operation, and has been from the beginning!

Add up the facts:

- Know any other 8-year-old kids who wouldn't be a cowering mess with soiled drawers after seeing what Clementine's seen? The only way this is possible is if she's on top of the whole situation every step of the way.

- Clementine made it clear that she almost took Lee out with a hammer when she first spotted him from her treehouse. Instead, she decided this was someone she could use for her own needs...and she has wrapped him around her little finger every step of the way since then.

- Every time Lee tells Clementine the truth, we hear "Clementine appreciated your honesty"...but Clementine has been completely dishonest about her radio, keeping her conversations 100% secret from EVERYONE.

- And how DOES she keep her walkie-talkie charged? Well, what was the story behind the broken flashlight? We never heard that its batteries were still in it...because they're not! Notice that the shards of the flashlight's glass were found right next to Clementine's chalk drawings? Ah-HAH!

- Speaking of the chalk drawings, whose pink chalk was that, making signs for the bandits on the wall, anyway? Of course, Clem lies that her pink chalk has "gone somewhere"...but WE know better, don't we? SHE dropped it at the gate when she was making the deliveries for the bandits!

- She's making sure to get rid of every annoyance: Carly was clearly a threat to her control over Lee, and had be be eliminated, so Clementine's planting evidence worked perfectly. Duck was her #1 annoyance, Clem couldn't stand him...and she didn't exactly shed a tear when Duck was out of the picture, did she?

- Clementine even convinced Ben to take the rap for her, and now Lee is silencing Ben...so she has that whole angle all sewn up, clever little thing that she is!

- Lee's dream of a Zombie Clem chomping into him is a clear indication that, deep in his heart, Lee knows Clem is not the sweet innocent girl she pretends to be.

- Clementine is in cahoots with Mr. Shadow/Silhouette Man, and probably has been since the very beginning.

- And lastly, WHERE did we see the very first walker, where was the very epicenter of this epidemic? Right near Clementine's treehouse, that's where! Did we ever SEE what Clementine was up to in that sordid treehouse of hers? No we did not!

Proof Positive: Clementine has been masterminding the whole crew, and is possibly behind the whole epidemic!

From past experience with the irony-deficient reading these forums, I probably should have placed big flashing lights and an "Irony Alert" sign on this post....

75 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Of course he's a bad guy. Clem knows that too (she almost dropped a hammer on Lee), but she wouldn't consider a disembodied voice an immediate threat; she'd rather pretend her parents are alright for now.

Who says she's agreed to do anything for him yet? Lee caught the transmission where he was asking for something.

• Clem was secretly behind the Cuban Missile Crisis.

Called it right here, right now.

• The "Pretend" talks she told Lee about may have been just to throw him off. If he saw Clemmy using the radio, without an explanation, he might assume it works again and destroy her plan. I can see why she said that, as the radio might have been working this entire time. We don't know when they actually started having conversations.

As for the battery and radio thing I used to resurrect this thread with: I know it's just a game, but I like to knit-pick the silly stuff. Another poster mentioned, somewhere, the same things as a silly point. How they don't eat, use the bathroom, etc. We just don't see it and assume it happens. The battery thing... I just mentioned that because Doug states that batteries are pretty scarce. :D Where are they coming from? :P Yay, knit-picking! :D

In retrospect, now that I think about it, because of her radio, Clemmy might be the reason batteries are becoming scarce. :O If that's the case, then Clemmy is a thief, to boot. D:

• The only way that TT can make this game even darker is that Clem and the unknown man are in league with each other.

• @Zeruis said: The only way that TT can make this game even darker is that Clem and the unknown man are in league with each other.

That would be interesting. Lee wakes up in a bathtub, filled with ice, missing his kidneys, with a note taped to his chest. "Call a doctor. Now." Oh, shi-- :D

• @Dead_Man_Walking said: That would be interesting. Lee wakes up in a bathtub, filled with ice, missing his kidneys, with a note taped to his chest. "Call a doctor. Now." Oh, shi-- :D

:eek: Bahahahahahahahaha

wow. I love it.

Seriously I hope that they don't go the pedo way with the storyline and the guy on the other end of the walkie talkie..I think that would be crossing the line by a lot.

• @LadyJ said: :eek: Bahahahahahahahaha

wow. I love it.

Seriously I hope that they don't go the pedo way with the storyline and the guy on the other end of the walkie talkie..I think that would be crossing the line by a lot.

TTG already crossed one line. I, like many of us, thought Duck was an annoying character. Just for his naivety, and some of his actions in the past that caused us trouble, I was about ready to see him go. Unfortunately, in this episode, they made him a likeable character. I had one of those, "Uh... wait a minute, what's going on here? Why is "Robin" making me smile in this scene?" kind of moments.

Yeah, I had a bad feeling after that. When the Walker fell on Duck and Kat, I kind of had an, "Oh, no...." feeling. When it was revealed that it was his time to go, I was pretty upset. :D TTG does some weird, yet amazing, stuff, sometimes. <3

• @Dead_Man_Walking said: TTG already crossed one line. I, like many of us, thought Duck was an annoying character. Just for his naivety, and some of his actions in the past that caused us trouble, I was about ready to see him go. Unfortunately, in this episode, they made him a likeable character. I had one of those, "Uh... wait a minute, what's going on here? Why is "Robin" making me smile in this scene?" kind of moments.

Yeah, I had a bad feeling after that. When the Walker fell on Duck and Kat, I kind of had an, "Oh, no...." feeling. When it was revealed that it was his time to go, I was pretty upset. :D TTG does some weird, yet amazing, stuff, sometimes. <3

I didn't think that Duck getting bitten and needing to be put down was over the line. In the new world no one is safe from zombies.

I guess the pedo theme to me would go across the line because it would be a human related issue. I mean...we gotta deal with that shit in real life. Since we are suspending reality by having a zombie apocalypse let that be the killer of children and not our real world issues.

• @LadyJ said: I didn't think that Duck getting bitten and needing to be put down was over the line. In the new world no one is safe from zombies.

I guess the pedo theme to me would go across the line because it would be a human related issue. I mean...we gotta deal with that shit in real life. Since we are suspending reality by having a zombie apocalypse let that be the killer of children and not our real world issues.

I agree, however, real world issues are so much more emotional since we can relate to them. Don't get me wrong, I don't want Clemmy to end up that way, but this is a Grimdark game. Other fictional entries deal with that scenario, too, so I wouldn't put it past the game play in any way, shape or form.

I get a sense of innocence from Clemmy that seems like it's a needed factor for the game. Clem keeps us going, without going into too much detail, and we actually need that. It keeps the drive alive. If something of that nature were to happen to Clemmy, I see the players and game play of the game taking a drastic turn. That's usually a bad thing, especially for popularity.

This "could" happen, but I doubt it will. Dat sequel... :D

• I dont think tt has gone over the line at all, and if you do please go watch some rated r horror movies like SAW or play other M rated games. I think a huge part of it is the graphics too, I love them but when you see a guys leg being chopped up the blood is just animated.

Add Comment