User Avatar Image

[Possible Spoilers] I wonder about radio guy...

posted by Dead_Man_Walking on - last edited - Viewed by 428 users

Everyone seems to have tagged him as a bad guy, right off the bat (Save for a few, questioning people), but it's been boggling the crap out of me as to who he really is. As with the wait time between games, all I'm left to do is ponder, wonder and speculate about the game while I wait for the next episode to come out. I've come up with three possible scenarios about the guy we hear on the radio. Now, some are based on other peoples' conclusions, masses of conclusions and my own theories. I'd like to hear your theories on it, as well...

Have you ever considered:

1.) Radio guy is actually a good guy? Yeah, like Lee. Trying to save Clementine and assuming you're the bad guy?

2.) He's a friend of the family?

3.) He IS family?

Think about it. Clementine stated that her parents went to Savannah before, and stayed in the same place. What if this guy knew her parents, in some way? Maybe he was a work colleague, or family/friend they had over there. Maybe they befriended the inn keeper? If he got in contact with Clemmy, he'd want to try and get her to safety. Since she's already traveling, all he had to do was convince her to go to him (He does look old, after all, and probably doesn't have much spring in his step. Though, he sure runs really fast).

Now, I know there's a lot of loopholes in those theories, but hear me out.

1.) Clemmy lied about the radio. Clementine is a smart girl, and probably wouldn't fall for the lies of a complete stranger, but... what if she knew who he was? If she knew the person, prior (She stated she stayed at the Marsh House before, too), she'd be more prone to believe what they were telling her (Lee's a bad guy, I'm trying to keep you safe so you need to listen, etc.). If a stranger tried to convince her of going, she'd probably be more opted to inform Lee. Thus, the secrecy. :O

2.) It's been implied Clem's radio can communicate LONG distances. Maybe the guy has a booster tower, or has another radio. After all, most people know that handheld radios can receive transmissions from other radios, if on the right frequency. Another thought is, what if Clemmy's parents had more than one radio (One for the house, one for the car, etc.)? This guy could have one, or lifted one off of her parents.

3.) He implies her parents are alive. Well, if he's a good guy, he might be telling the truth. If not, he may have kidnapped them, or is holding them hostage. Heck, he might be telling the truth when he says they're "Right here" (Implying that her parents are next to him), as in he stumbled onto their dead bodies, and found said radio, or some information they carried that lead him to Clem (This one's the biggest stretch, so far, in my opinion).

I wonder if this is just a big misunderstanding due to lack of information on our part. :confused: If it is, maybe this is where Clem shoots Lee (I'm still leaning toward that, if you've read my other posts). One never knows.

What do ya'll think? :)

P.S. If this post already exists, my mistake. I just haven't seen it yet. If it does, indeed, exist, please delete it or merge it. This post is just based on theory, and probably doesn't mean a hill of crap. Be nice when posting. :P

30 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I think EP4 is when Clem grows up. She will learn the truth about her family and possibly have to deal some justice from her recent training with the gun. I think the next one is going to be tough for her.

• In the EP4 trailer he talked to Lee saying "You need to get off the streets, NOW!"
    I think he's a good guy but he sounded really creepy on the radio trying to talk to Clementine, so i'm not sure.
    Could be Evil could be Good.

• The Gov' looked nice in the comics when Rick met him too. Ended up choping his hand off. Perception is rarely reality.

• He's either a good guy since he tried to warn Lee, or he's a perv :D

• @Xarne said: sorry but old men who talk to little girls and dont want their guardians to know about it...ZA or not there's a name for dudes like that lol
    And ya, TWD episode trailers are about as factual as the national enquirer; stuff shown totally out of context but if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck... gets bit like duck, then shoot it like duck...

fixed ;)

@Xarne said: In the EP4 trailer he talked to Lee saying "You need to get off the streets, NOW!"
    I think he's a good guy but he sounded really creepy on the radio trying to talk to Clementine, so i'm not sure.
    Could be Evil could be Good.

it's clems walkie so logic says 'mr x' is talking TO CLEM not lee...

would ttg really give us a nice legit older guy to help us with clems parents ?

considering what ttg have given us so far ? do you really think he's gonna help ?

fuck no..

• @Dead_Man_Walking said: If it is, maybe this is where Clem shoots Lee (I'm still leaning toward that, if you've read my other posts). One never knows.

Can we circle back to this for a second?

• This guy is going to kidnap Clem and Episode four is going to be Lee running errands

• Either TellTale is gonna make Ep 4 extremely dark by using the radio guy and making him do creepy shit to Clem...

Or TellTale's gonna surprise us all by making him a genuine nice guy.

We'll see TellTale, we'll see...

• @Banditbenn said: I personally think, that the radio is going to be lee's decent into insanity, we've known from day one that the radio was broken when clem fell on it, and in the trailers we don't actually see anyone else hear the radio, The typical "Rick on the phone to lori" Scenario applies in my opinion, I think that Lee is losing it, especially after the zombie clem dream.
    Thats my two cents anyways

Lee could not have imagined hearing the voice on the walkie talkie because Kenny heard and responded to the walkie talkie as well unlike Rick who was alone when he heard voices over the unplugged telephone he was using in the comics. It's actually Kenny who says that he thought the walkie talkie was broken. Besides, that story has been told already by Kirkman the game would want to tell a new story with new ideas.

• Smart money on the Radio gentlemen being a nice guy and Lee is going to end up doing something bad to him based on his perception of him being a badguy.

Add Comment