User Avatar Image

Team Lily to the end (appreciation thread)

posted by YamiRaziel on - last edited - Viewed by 8.9K users

This topic contains Comic book spoilers. Read at your own risk

I guess I may be the only one here who would still support Lily if she shows up at some future point in time.
Why?
I appreciate her leadership skills, her selflessness (having to make all those little decisions is really difficult) and her reasoning. She tried to keep this group together, she did her very best but some other people...like Kenny always tried to have it their way, always consider what's only best for his family.
I think we all agree it was difficult giving the rations the first time in episode two. We got a glimpse of what she has to do every day. People hated us for those choices, so they hate her even more for having to do it every day. But there's no one else who would do it.

She was still pretty reasonable until Kenny murdered her father. People can complain that he saved them and all that crap... but you couldn't have known for sure and that's the truth. He overreacted and again being the selfish asshole he is, he did the easiest choice for him. Eliminate the enemy and undermine the leader's authority.

In episode 3 we see things haven't changed. Lily is still the only one to really tries to protect the group. Lee, of course, helps always and as much as he can, but others like Kenny... they didn't even feel bad for what they did in episode 2. Kenny ruined this group and yet he still wanted things to go his way. He kept pushing Lily without really doing anything for the group. He was determined to abandon all.
Carley... she didn't really do anything. She could've stepped in and helped Lily when she saw she was about to snap... but she didn't. The only thing she actually did was tease Lee, look cute, and avoid participation in almost every important discussion. The downfall in episode 3 is partially her fault as well.
When the bandits attacked the group it was again Lily that came to the rescue to a group that hated her. Kenny wouldn't swallow my disrespect for him and actually tried to get me killed too many times in this episode.
Ben... and Kenny really started a chain reaction. With both their stupidity combined they managed to indirectly kill Carley, Katjaa and Duck as well destroy the group from within.
Both cowards and both DUBM as a bag of hammers.
I would so love to see them gone in episode 4 & 5. I don't need stupid people in my group, people who know nothing about responsibility or humanity.

It was sad to see Lily snap but I guess there is a line as to where a person can take it. In the end of the day I'm sure she'll regret her choices and will eventually learn from them. She kills Lorry cause she believes they are threatening her group. When she sees how wrong she was she offs the Governor. That's a pretty redeeming deed in my book, one that clearly shows she actually develops.

I would certainly love to see more of her in future episodes/seasons.

So, am I the only one? :D Even if I am, I will still be defending this position to the end :P

695 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Delusional people with a real troubled past and strong opinions. Zombies aren't shit compared to that.

• @plaqueconspiracy said: Lily snapped when Carley expressed her opinion and killed her in cold blood. She is way in the wrong and murdered an innocent woman.

Carley's death (as opposed to Doug's) was so intentional on Lily's part that it makes me think this Ep was rushed. There had to be more than just *that* exchange between them to cause that, maybe something else that happened at the motel or maybe during the bandits was cut or didnt make it into production?
    Either way, Lily was prepared to murder someone that night.

Also, we have to remember that while Ep 3 took 2 mos for us to play, Larry died only days ago (if that) when Ep 3 begins. The pain of Larry's death and his killers walking around right in front of her is a memory for us but for her it was like yesterday.

• @YamiRaziel said:
    Even Lee shows more favouritism than her. Choosing Doug/Carley, choosing the people to feed... etc.

Uhh, that's the player, not Lee...

anything bad u see comes from Lee, is really from the player, he has no say into it...

When I play, I gave every "faction" food, where's the favoritism there?
    I gave the kids, Kenny & Larry.

Carley declined, sorry Mark & Ben. This is an initiation for Ben, lol

As for Doug or Carley, hardly favoritism as he/the player want to save both & went on instinct...

• She stole the RV. What if a herd of zombies came and the train couldn't start?
    Game = Over.

• I don't think she was thinking and planning to kill carley (haven't seen the one with doug). Looks like she just saw red, and she had a gun. To me she looks shocked/stunned after doing it herself.

• @Vold said: Uhh, that's the player, not Lee...

anything bad u see comes from Lee, is really from the player, he has no say into it...

When I play, I gave every "faction" food, where's the favoritism there?
    I gave the kids, Kenny & Larry.

Carley declined, sorry Mark & Ben. This is an initiation for Ben, lol

As for Doug or Carley, hardly favoritism as he/the player want to save both & went on instinct...

Lee is the player and yes it is still a sort of favouritism. Did you flip a coin as to who to feed? I bet you didn't. Plus you still saved the one person that you felt closer to you. It is still a favouritism, no matter how latent it is.
    Saying that Lilly shows favouritism towards her dad is ridiculous. It's the same as saying that Kenny would feed his kid and wife instead of Larry.
    Plus remember the famous Lilly lottery? She let's chance determine who's going to eat.. and that's fair... as Harvey Dent says in the Dark Knight movie "The world is cruel. And the only morality in a cruel world is chance. Unbiased. Unprejudiced. Fair!"

@Vold said: I don't think she was thinking and planning to kill carley (haven't seen the one with doug). Looks like she just saw red, and she had a gun. To me she looks shocked/stunned after doing it herself.

She snapped, there's no question about it. That's the reason why I think she doesn't let you run away with her. She realizes she's become too dangerous and unpredictable and since my Lee's the only person that has always supported her besides her father I don't think she would want to risk his life.

• it wasnt like Ben was behind Carley, they were shoulder to shoulder, there's 0 doubt who her target and what her intention was. I mean, you dont accidentally shoot someone in the face from 18" away

• @Xarne said: it wasnt like Ben was behind Carley, they were shoulder to shoulder, there's 0 doubt who her target and what her intention was. I mean, you dont accidentally shoot someone in the face from 18" away

I think what rachellouise85 meant to say was that she hasn't been planning on killing Carley as some people try to make it :)

• said she went out with the intention of killing someone. I'm saying that is not true. There is a difference between seeing red and doing something in a moment of anger, and planning and having the intention to kill someone.

• @Xarne said: Carley's death (as opposed to Doug's) was so intentional on Lily's part that it makes me think this Ep was rushed. There had to be more than just *that* exchange between them to cause that, maybe something else that happened at the motel or maybe during the bandits was cut or didnt make it into production?
    Either way, Lily was prepared to murder someone that night.

Also, we have to remember that while Ep 3 took 2 mos for us to play, Larry died only days ago (if that) when Ep 3 begins. The pain of Larry's death and his killers walking around right in front of her is a memory for us but for her it was like yesterday.

Carley didn't kill Larry. What Carley did was challenge Lilly's leadership. Repeatedly.

It's actually in Lilly's first appearance. When Carley and Glenn save your original crew from zombies, Lilly freaks right out and claims they need to throw everyone back into the street with the zombies. Back into the street.

Larry's big and angry, but Lilly's just as cold-blooded as he is. She just speaks more softly. She's just as horrible.

What it all comes down to is, without Larry, she doesn't have muscle. She doesn't have someone to jump out and scare people into following her orders. So when Carley challenges her and Larry's not there to jump in her face and start screaming, Lilly shoots her instead since she really is a coward.

NOTE: Notice how she starts reaching for the gun but doesn't shoot Carley until she turns around. She knows Carley would kill her first if she tried. It was calculated.

Add Comment