User Avatar Image

[SPOILERS] CARLEY [Ep 3 discussion]

posted by Oblivion1659 on - last edited - Viewed by 6.5K users

Hey i am really annoyed about carley being shot when it happend i didnt even want to carry on playing anyway maybe they could bring carly back she could have just been grazed by the bullet.No one even checked to she if she was dead the group could meet up with her again.I wont be buying anymore episodes unless carly comes back my friends also said the same.

Please say in the comments that you want carly back and make a thread about this and then maybe telltale games will see that we want carly back.

558 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @skepticalguy90 said: I don't think anybody is questioning whether she got hit in the cheek, the question is whether she'd survive the bullet. I'm not saying she survived, but in the Kirkman comic, which people here claim to be canon, Carl got shot in the eye.

exactly. and i think you would have a higher chance of survival if you got hit in the cheek as opposed to the forehead or the eye

• @Zombies are Awesome! said: exactly. and i think you would have a higher chance of survival if you got hit in the cheek as opposed to the forehead or the eye

Don't get me wrong, I think she is dead, but people shouldn't dismiss what other people think as delusional when that same "delusion" happened in the comic they praise so much.

• @skepticalguy90 said: I don't think anybody is questioning whether she got hit in the cheek, the question is whether she'd survive the bullet. I'm not saying she survived, but in the Kirkman comic, which people here claim to be canon, Carl got shot in the eye and survived, didn't he?

@skepticalguy90 said: exactly. and i think you would have a higher chance of survival if you got hit in the cheek as opposed to the forehead or the eye

It was a glancing shot through his eye. They were completely different wounds. You're also conveniently leaving out the fact he got immediate medical attention from a trained physician that was reasonably well stocked with medical supplies. The two situations were entirely different.

Delusional, etc.

• @Marleysativa said: It was a glancing shot through his eye. They were completely different wounds. You're also conveniently leaving out the fact he got immediate medical attention from a trained physician that was reasonably well stocked with medical supplies. The two situations were entirely different.

Delusional, etc.

Hadn't read too much of the comics, but had heard that Carl had gotten shot in the eye. Again, I still think she is dead, but grow up a bit. Just because someone doesn't agree, with you doesn't mean you should insult them.

I don't know about you, but THAT is not a glancing shot.
    http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRF-WD2SaJw0t9och4hH7MOjaMNvsjMUlJulzbnVjcHyb562ya&t=1

• @skepticalguy90 said: Hadn't read too much of the comics, but had heard that Carl had gotten shot in the eye. Again, I still think she is dead, but grow up a bit. Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean you should insult them.

That doesn't look like a glancing shot btw

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x9/blackcanary2000/more%2520pca/Even%2520More%2520PCA/Walking_Dead-83-Carl-shot.jpg

People saying that she was still breathing and that there was a chance she was going to survive in that situation is the definition of being delusional. I'm sorry that you don't like that.

He was shot in the eye and it wrecked his eye socket but the bullet still exited without causing brain damage. Carley was shot in the center of her face on the side of the road where there was no possibility for medical attention. Your link doesn't work, btw (nevermind, it works now). It's easier to find that picture on the wiki.

• @Marleysativa said: People saying that she was still breathing and that there was a chance she was going to survive in that situation is the definition of being delusional. I'm sorry that you don't like that.

He was shot in the eye and it wrecked his eye socket but the bullet still exited without causing brain damage. Carley was shot in the center of her face on the side of the road where there was no possibility for medical attention. Your link doesn't work, btw (nevermind, it works now). It's easier to find that picture on the wiki.

What I don't like is the attitude you seem to take towards people that think that. If you don't like what they have to say, just ignore it. I'm not going to argue with you over whether she survived. There was no medical attention and I think even if she survived the shot, she most likely bled out quickly.

Yeah, I posted the link and went back to check it, found it didn't work and changed it.

I'm curious btw what was Carl shot in the head with?

• Originally Posted by DawgTheGamer View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/embed/sFxfglZsn7E

Carly is seen shot in lower face if you look closely, she could of had a great chance of survival. Many characters in TWD universe have survived headshots mainly carl who was shot in the eye

@staff said: exactly Clearly she got shot in the cheek

Here is some things to think about even if she got shot in the cheek, which if you slow it down and look carefully it clear she did.

First she was turning into the bullet, so it is highly unlikely that the bullet grazed the cheek.

Second watching the scene in slow motion it does not look like the bullet pass threw.

Third the only person that might of had a chance to save her was Katjaa being a Veterinarian and she was in no condition to try and save her (her son had just been bite and is dying) and even if she was the chance that they had the medical supple to remove the bullet and stop the bleeding are very unlikely.

Fourth It did not look like they had much of a chance to grab any medication like antibiotics (which they would of needed to help Carley pull through) while they was fighting back at the Hotel; Otherwise Katjaa would of probably been nursing Duck better.

All in all the chances that Carley survived was extremely low.

As for Carl surviving a worse shot to the head they had actually surgeon and doctors working on him.

Andrea in comics, as well as Daryl Dixon in the TV series was grazed

• @skepticalguy90 said: My intention was not to belittle you, and if I did, then I'm truly sorry. I feel like we're on similar ground, both believe that she is dead and not coming back. I just don't feel like trying to convince some people that she is not coming back is a worthwhile effort. Why even bother calling them delusional? They are free to choose to believe what they want. Who are we to stand in their way or belittle them for that?

No way, I'm not offended, nor do I feel belittled. You didn't like the tone of my post, I can understand that. I'm just getting a bit annoyed when people choose to call the writing/story of this game sloppy or lazy because an event transpired that they didn't like. It's what prompted me to post in this thread in first place.

Add Comment