User Avatar Image

[SPOILERS] CARLEY [Ep 3 discussion]

posted by Oblivion1659 on - last edited - Viewed by 12.5K users

Hey i am really annoyed about carley being shot when it happend i didnt even want to carry on playing anyway maybe they could bring carly back she could have just been grazed by the bullet.No one even checked to she if she was dead the group could meet up with her again.I wont be buying anymore episodes unless carly comes back my friends also said the same.

Please say in the comments that you want carly back and make a thread about this and then maybe telltale games will see that we want carly back.

558 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Marleysativa said: No way, I'm not offended, nor do I feel belittled. You didn't like the tone of my post, I can understand that. I'm just getting a bit annoyed when people choose to call the writing/story of this game sloppy or lazy because an event transpired that they didn't like. It's what prompted me to post in this thread in first place.

See that is the thing. I absolutely love the story. I was shocked as hell and a bit angry initially about Carley, but I think everybody knew what they were signing up for with this series.

• Face it, it was a cheap way to off Carley/Doug (that way they wouldn't have to work on 2 separate characters anymore) and so Lilly could leave .

• @Zombies are Awesome! said: Face it, it was a cheap way to off Carley/Doug (that way they wouldn't have to work on 2 separate characters anymore) and so Lilly could leave .

I don't think they had to kill Carley in order for Lily to leave. They just as easily could have left her at the Motor Inn. I'd be fascinated to hear what Telltale's thinking is behind killing off 3 main characters in all of about 5 minutes though.

• @skepticalguy90 said: I don't think they had to kill Carley in order for Lily to leave. They just as easily could have left her at the Motor Inn.

But why kill both Carley and Doug? why not just kill one of them?

• @skepticalguy90 said: See that is the thing. I absolutely love the story. I was shocked as hell and a bit angry initially about Carley, but I think everybody knew what they were signing up for with this series.

I actually yelled "No, no, no. What the fuck, Lilly!" as it happened. It was loud enough that I scared the better half and prompted some laughter.

@skepticalguy90 said: Face it, it was a cheap way to off Carley/Doug (that way they wouldn't have to work on 2 separate characters anymore) and so Lilly could leave .

Or it could be that it showed significant character development in Lilly. How the events from the past two episodes reached a boiling point and made her snap. Although I'm sure you have much more insight into the development of this game than the rest of us. Lilly had to leave, but it was in no way cheap or lazy.

But why kill both Carley and Doug? why not just kill one of them?

Can you imagine the outcry from fans if they did that? Doug already got the short end of the stick with some of the dialogue, in my opinion (sharing Lee's past).

• @Marleysativa said: I actually yelled "No, no, no. What the fuck, Lilly!" as it happened. It was loud enough that I scared the better half and prompted some laughter.

I'm going to be honest, canon or not, I was looking to put a bullet right between her eyes in that moment.

• I think with all those threads lying around at this forum, 'Carley dies' will become just as much of a spoiler as 'L dies', 'Aerith dies', etc :)

• Yeah, Its sad but there is no way she is alive. If she were it would have to be those one in a Million gun shot wounds to the head where the victim survives. Even then, Even if she survived that she would still die of blood loss. There would need to another group of survivors with a doctor that heard the gun shot come see see what it was. Then see Carly and the Doc would need to work fast. So yeah..that is not happening. Either that, or the Bullet grazed the side of her head, rending her unconscious. I mean we did not see the wound or a pool of blood for that matter unLike Katjaa when she took a bullet to the head. But that is unlikely.

• By the way, I don't believe she's alive, but if you check out on the internet, there's quite a few stories how people survive point blank headshot for one or the other reason.

Add Comment