User Avatar Image

Why do people like Clem so much?

posted by MisterMisfit on - last edited - Viewed by 692 users

I feel like one of the biggest mistakes Telltale did was hiring an adult woman to voice Clementine. It's already hard for me to overlook her unrealistic character but that fake kid voice is so irritating.

At least Duck was voiced by a child and acted like one too (annoying, ignorant and ultimately just innocent).

45 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Im trying to fig out why it bothers you that a grown up doing a kids voice. If you watched cartoons like tom and jerry..mighty mouse...disney cartoons alot of those were voiced by old men who did women and kids voices!!!!!

• As for me raising a 8 year old isnt part of the zombie apocalypse.
    Telltale had a good thing going untill they opted for the easy way out and slaughtered everyone.

Since the death of my group i feel alone. Which basically means i lost interest in playing. Im not looking forward to see what happens in ep4 because i dont really care much. Ill play it cuz i paid for it. But after this season its all over.
    I do not feel like starting over in episode 4 and i fail to see how telltale is gonna recover from voiding ep1, 2 and 3.

• Besides the fact that Clem's voice acting is well done, I think she's what is going to anchor the player's interest in this game since quite a bit of the cast was killed this last episode. The weapon training, hair cutting, planning, and exploration of the storehouse were some of my favorite parts of episode 3.

• I'm taking it that this isn't a troll question. Clem is the most innocent girl in the whole game. No matter what happens, she trusts you. Her voice actor is also very talented.

• @Zeruis said: I'm taking it that this isn't a troll question. Clem is the most innocent girl in the whole game. No matter what happens, she trusts you. Her voice actor is also very talented.

Actually. If she hide something from you that is not a sign of trust.

• @darknessofheart said: Where did I ever say he was bad in my post? I never once said that Lee was a bad character, only that he can become a much better person. Perhaps I dropped an implication that he was, but I do not believe he is bad at all. Everyone has the capacity to better themselves in certain aspects regardless of how good they may be to begin with. I never said Lee was a bad person, of course he's not, but he's learning to become an even better person through Clem and learning that, no matter how tough things get, you can rely on others to keep you stable, just like Clem does for Lee and Lee does for Clem. Lee believes himself to be a bad person in the aspect of his family, having neglected to see them, but is finding redemption from that action in this new family he formed with Clem.

For one to become a much better person, it is assumed they are not one already or are far and away from it's standard. I must have misunderstood.

• @Lars80 said: Actually. If she hide something from you that is not a sign of trust.

do you know any 8year old kid to trust someone she's only known for 4 months 'approx' ??

and clem is still hoping for her parents to be safe....

very real and genuine imo..

• How old is she meant to be again lol she acts very unrealistic for a child her age, the voice actor is good though unlike carleys she is like a robot every line she gets

• @Ja1862 said: How old is she meant to be again lol she acts very unrealistic for a child her age

She's eight, the age of reason (look it up), and that would depend entirely on the type of children you're used to.

• I use to teach and work in a prime school for 4 years... so yeah, I'm use to a lot.

Add Comment