User Avatar Image

What exactly did Ben do wrong?

posted by MakersWax on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users

I get it, Ben was giving supplies to the bandits without anyone's consent. Wasn't he doing it to keep them from attacking the motel and killing the group? I must have missed something, because I thought he was doing it after Lilly accused him but didn't give a damn.

If the group needed to tithe the bandits to keep from getting raided, who cares who was doing it? What did I miss?

68 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • If he would have told the group as soon as the bandits said they had his friend they would have understood. This is why honesty is the most important factor in a group.

• @Xarne said: Yep, whether right then or later on, the bandit problem wasnt going away.
    Of course,there wouldnt be a bandit problem if....

But there would, Eagle hair lady said "as long as dairy farm keeps bandit fed, you're safe at the motel" but the dairy is done. So you saying you know more than someone who knows the bandits?

• @MakersWax said: So the bandits knew the group had supplies and weren't attacking because they were getting a taste. Fine by me, Ben wasn't hurting the group.

But the group was already giving the bandits supplies anyway, if you listen to Lee, he says "We can continue our deal" as if there was already another deal before all this.

• @Zombies are Awesome! said: If he would have told the group as soon as the bandits said they had his friend they would have understood. This is why honesty is the most important factor in a group.

I doubt he had much choice with the deal. A kid against a bunch dudes with guns. But I'm sure Lilly would understand if the deal was made at gun point, not like she shot someone for pissing her off, oh wait...

• @Googolplexbyte said: How's that his fault not lilly's. What psycho shots someone for suspected theft? Also there'd be no walkers to bite duck if Lilly hadn't attracted them with a pointless firefight.

duck was bitten at the motel when the bandits attacked, Lilly had nothing to do with why the bandits attacked it was Ben Lilly shot at Ben after duck was bitten

• @Gman5852 said: But the group was already giving the bandits supplies anyway, if you listen to Lee, he says "We can continue our deal" as if there was already another deal before all this.

He's clearly on about the med deal, since the bandits are talking about breaking that deal prior to him saying it.

• @walkerbait00 said: duck was bitten at the motel when the bandits attacked, Lilly had nothing to do with why the bandits attacked it was Ben Lilly shot at Ben after duck was bitten

The bandits were about to make a deal with lee, but then Lilly shot a bandit initiating the firefight, attracting the walkers, leading to duck's bite, and by extension katja's suicide.

• @Gman5852 said: But the group was already giving the bandits supplies anyway, if you listen to Lee, he says "We can continue our deal" as if there was already another deal before all this.

Im thinking Lee just followed what the bandit said " He said you steal from us we had a deal"

Remember Lee was talking to Lilly that yes somone stealing supplies im thinking he caught on but it also depends what you choose to say to the bandit as well. You could have been an ass an been like F you lol...

• @Googolplexbyte said: How's that his fault not lilly's. What psycho shots someone for suspected theft? Also there'd be no walkers to bite duck if Lilly hadn't attracted them with a pointless firefight.

None of this is Lily's fault because Lily did not cause the initial problem which was the bandits...(wait for it) BEN did. Bear with me:
    Ben comes clean
    Group rallies a defense and strategy ('We have your next pickup'- BLAM)
    Problem removed.

That simple
    Instead:
    A) Because Ben says nothing about bandits.
    B)Bandits assume arrangement is still on-going, nothing at the pickup, get very hostile.
    C) Bandits ambush motel- now, no one can see walkers (See A)
    D) Walkers ambush motel- because of C (See A)
    E) Duck gets bit because of C and D (See A)
    F)Lily goes Apeshit over C and gets to the source of the problem
    G) D/C go to defend Ben
    H) D/C dies valiantly defending a fool
    I) Duck dies from E
    G) Katjaa loses will to live because of I

As you can see, B-G all go right back to A- the source of all mortalities in Ep3. Flowchart would make it much prettier but the logic is still there

• @AceStarr said: Im thinking Lee just followed what the bandit said " He said you steal from us we had a deal"

Remember Lee was talking to Lilly that yes somone stealing supplies im thinking he caught on but it also depends what you choose to say to the bandit as well. You could have been an ass an been like F you lol...

Bandit: I don't like no hash! lol

Add Comment