User Avatar Image

Clem's Walkie Talkie

posted by crash665 on - last edited - Viewed by 491 users

This is just my opinion. Feel free to argue with me!

There seems to be a lot of confusion concerning the walkie talkie. A lot of people on this board seem to think that the person on the other end is either A) Clem's Dad or connected to her Dad in someway - B) Connected to Glenn or - C) been talking to Clem ever since Macon.

A - Clem's dead is either dead or a walker. He was attacked by a strange man outside of the hotel. The same hotel the group is currently headed towards.

B - I really don't see how this is possible unless Glenn ran into a another group and somehow gave or lost the radio. Then this person or group made their way to Savannah before Clem's group did. A long way with a lot of zombies in between. This has to be the least likely scenario.

C - MOST radios like this do not have that long of a range. It's about 130 miles or so from Macon to Savannah. It would be a stretch to think that Clem found a radio and another person in Savannah just happened to another radio with that type of range. And, they happened to be on at the same time. Possible, but unlikely.

Solution, IMO: Clem started using the radio the closer she got to Savannah in the hopes her parents would have the other one. Remember though, she had one in the tree house, and Lee used the other in the kitchen. Glenn took that one. (See B above.)

Clem, being young, alone, and afraid probably started clicking on the radio and asking for her Mom and Dad - just like she did in the tree house back home. She probably heard nothing at first, but then someone in Savannah was scanning - maybe with a HAM radio or something. The stars aligned and this pervert or another group of bandits heard her and is pretending to know the whereabouts of her parents - thinking Clem's group is loaded with supplies.

Either way, I just don't see any type of happy ending for the group in Savannah. Maybe Huey's on River Street is open and they can get some Shrimp n Grits!

Of course, we could all be wrong.

32 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @kikyouchanx said: A 5 watt walkie talkie with a 7 inch antenna can go anywhere from 1/2 a mile (in the city) to 3-4 miles (in mild terrain such as a temperate forest) all the way to 20 miles (over the ocean or on top of a mountain). I know we don't know the exact details..but still....

Without repeaters and such, you are not going to get much range. Walkie-talkies send messages to one another and don't require a cell tower to relay signals. That makes them more reliable than cellphones in remote areas where it's difficult or impossible to get a signal. More advanced walkie-talkie devices are two-way radios that transmit signals over the Family Radio Service (FRS) of the Federal Communications Commission.

posted in another thread.

I could be wrong too. XD

• @crash665 said:
    Of course, we could all be wrong.

Yes, that tanker was filled is a noxious gas that made everyone on the train hallucinate. The reason why they hear noises on the walkie is because everyone is imagining it. Also that horde of walkers following the train doesn't exist- they are all just hallucinations.

In fact there is no zombie apocalypse.

It's all Lee's dream.

Which is a dream inside of Clem's dream.

So its a voice inside of a walkie talkie, in a zombie apocalypse, in a mans dream, that is in a little girls dream.

Zombseption!!!!!!!!

(The above statement is also in a dream.)
    (I'm on a horse.)

• @Motordead said:

Zombseption!!!!!!!!

(The above statement is also in a dream.)

Someone's gonna make a movie about that!!!

I guess I'm just thinking the chances of both of them having a more advanced radios are slim - of course not as slim as a zombie apocalypse, though.

I hope that TTG explains how Clem has been doing this. It seems to be a point of consternation on this board - or at least on a lot of topics.

• It is obviously alien technology.... Or future technology. Either an alien or someone from the future is talking to Clem. Duh!

• Clem has been "talking" to her parents since the first episode. I think it's possible that the wacknut in Savannah has been picking up her transmissions long before her walkie talkie was within range to receive, which is how he knew enough about her to sound plausible.

• @Cyreen said: Clem has been "talking" to her parents since the first episode. I think it's possible that the wacknut in Savannah has been picking up her transmissions long before her walkie talkie was within range to receive, which is how he knew enough about her to sound plausible.

That would make him super freaky <,< If its true top of my hit list.

• I'm not sure who it is, but I can 100% confirm that it isn't Glenn.

1. It didn't sound ANYTHING like Glenn.

2. Glenn is in a camp outside Atlanta. He doesn't leave Atlanta until later when Rick Grimes shows up. Considering this is now more than three months after the start of the infection, Rick has already shown up to Atlanta about two months ago.

Glenn's a comic character so that's confirmed canon.

• dosent glenn use the walkie to talk to rick in the tank

• @Cyreen said: Clem has been "talking" to her parents since the first episode. I think it's possible that the wacknut in Savannah has been picking up her transmissions long before her walkie talkie was within range to receive, which is how he knew enough about her to sound plausible.

I thought this as well. Obviously Clementine, in her innocence, was the one who gave up the information FIRST, either willingly to some one claiming to know her parents, or willingly in hopes of getting some sort of response from her parents.

Could it be possible that, like Jolene, that this guy has been "tracking" us since we first came to Macon? He may not have even been to Savannah, but in a stroke of luck that is where we ended up heading and it fit with his whole "find your parents" plan?

In the preview for episode 4, it seemed like a toss up to me of whether he was warning Lee or threatening him. I do get the feeling though that maybe he is not as dangerous as we think.

Add Comment