User Avatar Image

What exactly did Ben do wrong?

posted by MakersWax on - last edited - Viewed by 1.4K users

I get it, Ben was giving supplies to the bandits without anyone's consent. Wasn't he doing it to keep them from attacking the motel and killing the group? I must have missed something, because I thought he was doing it after Lilly accused him but didn't give a damn.

If the group needed to tithe the bandits to keep from getting raided, who cares who was doing it? What did I miss?

68 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @walkerbait00 said: wait who did he convince to kill their own son

He convinced Kenny to stop the train and "deal" with duck using force or words your choice.

• @Xarne said: wow so you guys are cold, starving, risking your lives running through abandoned drugs stores trying to keep the ones you love and care for alive, some dude walks up, says gimme your stuff (mind you, both sides are armed) and your 1st reaction is to strike a deal...
    Damn guys, we're all behind keyboards, at least talk a good fight :)
    Tell me you'd rip his tongue out and shove it down his buddies throat before you let some BS like that happen

There wouldn't have to be any legitimacy to the deal. The choice from any reasonable person in that position's perspective is make a deal or die in a fire fight with an army of bandits.

• @Googolplexbyte said: No, bandits attacked because Lilly shot one... they were perfectly willing to make a deal and leave. Why would they want to lose a bunch a men and a constant flow of supplies?

Also scumbags are to dealt with on one's own terms, Lilly's lucky everyone didn't die in that firefight.

not being a smartass here, but, when you looked out Lily's trailer and see your whole crew on their kness, shotgun barrels on their neck...thats not 2 parties coming together for a trade agreement, their side got the drop on your side and your side is currently in a state of being held captive, that is what being in a prone position with a weapon drawn on your head will look like and iirc that is why that part of the episode was called the ambush.

But I see your point, you are of the mind that these guys dont want any trouble, they just want to leech off the efforts of your group and thats cool with you. All Im saying is that if there was no agreement with bandits then there would be no ambush, which would mean someone would have been on watch to see those walkers coming, Duck doesnt get bit, Kat doesnt die. Since there's no agreement,(because Ben comes clean) Lily never wigs Carley is still alive. Seems pretty crystal clear to me

• @walkerbait00 said: no before lilly shot thay had everyone on their knees with guns pointed at the back of their heads including the kids that is an attack thats why she shot there is no reasoning with people like that

Taking prisoners is not an attack, no more that civilian arrest counts as violent assault. But regarless, no one had started shotting so there was still an out that could result in zero deaths.

• @Googolplexbyte said: There wouldn't have to be any legitimacy to the deal. The choice from any reasonable person in that position's perspective is make a deal or die in a fire fight with an army of bandits.

An army of 4

• @DreadMagus said: Outgunned?

Please.

They had a fortified position. And on one side... Ex-Military, a war reporter and the main character who's going to be asskickingly awesome... vs... a group of idiots from Save Lots... that's like the Lowes of this setting right?

Lulz... Those bandits were outclassed.

If it wasn't a losing battle why'd they run, the bandits were getting in the motel, that no defense, neither is the filmsy side of an RV. No one knew who the save lot bandits were composed of, plenty of military vets end up in bum jobs.

• @Googolplexbyte said: He convinced Kenny to stop the train and "deal" with duck using force or words your choice.

yes but if lee didnt do that than duck turns and kills katjaa clem and ben and than lee than you have to start over and make kenny deal with it katjaa knew what had to be done and asked lee to get kenny imo lee did what he had to do to get his friend to wise up and deal

• @Xarne said: not being a smartass here, but, when you looked out Lily's trailer and see your whole crew on their kness, shotgun barrels on their neck...thats not 2 parties coming together for a trade agreement, their side got the drop on your side and your side is currently in a state of being held captive, that is what being in a prone position with a weapon drawn on your head will look like and iirc that is why that part of the episode was called the ambush.

But I see your point, you are of the mind that these guys dont want any trouble, they just want to leech off the efforts of your group and thats cool with you. All Im saying is that if there was no agreement with bandits then there would be no ambush, which would mean someone would have been on watch to see those walkers coming, Duck doesnt get bit, Kat doesnt die. Since there's no agreement,(because Ben comes clean) Lily never wigs Carley is still alive. Seems pretty crystal clear to me

But the Ambush = death, it was the reaction to it.

• @Xarne said: An army of 4

Only an idiot would risk the idea they had no back up, which funnily enought they did. Unsuprising when the bandit know the size of your group and that you're potentially well armed.

• @Googolplexbyte said: Taking prisoners is not an attack, no more that civilian arrest counts as violent assault. But regarless, no one had started shotting so there was still an out that could result in zero deaths.

Ok so now you wont even admit that seeing Clem with a shotgun drawn down on her didnt strike you as an act of aggression. A weapon pointed at an 8 yr, and you still think these guys are here to talk about Sunday's game.
    Im done here :)
    I'll be waiting for you when you start the 'Lily accidentally shot Carley in the face from 18" thread

Add Comment