User Avatar Image

Whose death made you so emotional?

posted by ZombieBlaster on - last edited - Viewed by 3K users

A lot of the characters have died already, but Carley's death just broke my damn heart!

258 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Dead_Man_Walking said: Seeing that dead rabbit made me feel like there was no hope left. <3

hahaha omg marry me.

• The gravity of Carley's death never really hit me until the latter stages of the episode.
    I will admit that I am still sad about it but it was Duck's death that had the most impact on me at the time.

The whole scene. The talking and the lead up to it with Kenny pleading with Kat and of course, that bloody soundtrack. Kudos to the sound department, man. That music alone could've brought tears to a glass eye. Katjaa's death was simply salt in an already painful wound.

• im not gonna vote as i say it's a tie between kennys family and carley

• Carley's death was more of a shock, Katjaa and Duck was more emotional.

• I think Carley’s death was probably the most shocking in the sense that I did not saw it coming.

But the saddest were most probably Duck’s and Larry’s because of the other characters involvement. Watching Lily trying to save her dad and Kenny facing the need to kill his son (and doing that myself into my game) had a deepest impact.

• none of them were emotional as in teary eyed

Larry death- relief
    Doug- 'Doug, you ok?, Walk it off brah'
    Kat and Duck: 'Oh snap, that just happened...this episode is crazy!'

As I'm realizing now, Doug was just fluff. Carley interacts with you more substantially in her episodes; saves your ass at the beginning of Ep2 with the dude in the pickup turning; gives you food; allows you to come clean in Ep3; she had your back like you had Kenny's.
    Doug is hard to talk to, if he talks at all- he does make that alarm system at the motel but that's it. I picked him because the OBVIOUS choice was Carley so I figured, he must have been the hidden gem. No, he was just the illusion of choice for Ep 1.

• Different person, different death, different emotion. I was shocked and angry when Carley/Doug died, hurt and a little guilty when Katjaa died because I didn't see it coming, sad but resigned when Duck died.

• @Xarne said: none of them were emotional as in teary eyed

Larry death- relief
    Doug- 'Doug, you ok?, Walk it off brah'
    Kat and Duck: 'Oh snap, that just happened...this episode is crazy!'

As I'm realizing now, Doug was just fluff. Carley interacts with you more substantially in her episodes; saves your ass at the beginning of Ep2 with the dude in the pickup turning; gives you food; allows you to come clean in Ep3; she had your back like you had Kenny's.
    Doug is hard to talk to, if he talks at all- he does make that alarm system at the motel but that's it. I picked him because the OBVIOUS choice was Carley so I figured, he must have been the hidden gem. No, he was just the illusion of choice for Ep 1.

It is true that you can bond better with Carley, but Doug was not just fluff. He was actually my favorite character. He was a very nice person, heck, he got in the way of a bullet for a guy he barely even knew, he just didn't save you as often as Carley because he didn't like guns. On Ep2 he does hit David/Travis when he attacks you, but as it turns out, wooden planks aren't very effective against zombies. I guess I liked him because he was a character I could identify myself, my Lee, with, I feel like he was the only person you could actually count on, he just didn't have that many moments to shine.

• @Viser said: It is true that you can bond better with Carley, but Doug was not just fluff. He was actually my favorite character. He was a very nice person, heck, he got in the way of a bullet for a guy he barely even knew, he just didn't save you as often as Carley because he didn't like guns. On Ep2 he does hit David/Travis when he attacks you, but as it turns out, wooden planks aren't very effective against zombies. I guess I liked him because he was a character I could identify myself, my Lee, with, I feel like he was the only person you could actually count on, he just didn't have that many moments to shine.

I thought Doug was gonna build us a laser-guided walker killer or some anti-walker grenades...something McGuyver-ish. I was all 'ha! everyone picked Carley, lets show them, Doug!'...nothin.
    When I replayed it with Carly; omg; so much interaction- she seems alive and part of the group.

• Carley is dominating the poll, and she should cause i agree. I was shocked beyond belief when it happened

Add Comment