User Avatar Image

Character choices and effect on Clementine

posted by merciful on - last edited - Viewed by 762 users

I feel like everything in the game is leading up to how Clementine will act once the game is finished. Even things such as choosing to take or leave Lilly will effect how she views you-- anything that she sees, she's absorbing and she's learning lessons. I feel like it's going to get down to the wire where she will have to either act in her own best interest and be cold blooded or have mercy.

I'm trying to compile all the instances that it's been obvious that Clementine's character is being developed. Outside of the Lilly incident and not murdering/murdering the people at the dairy, I can't remember any... Does anyone else remember any?

So far I've got
- Stealing food/not stealing food from the car
- Killing/not killing at the dairy
- There have been a few dialogue instances where you've been given the option to clarify the difference between killing never being okay, killing being okay in certain circumstances, and killing being okay regardless

13 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Maybe taking or not taking food from the car? If you take the food, you're kinda saying that the morals we kept from before the ZA (not stealing, for instance) are just not so necessary anymore?

• I think a lot of your reasoning has to do with it as well. If you can make her understand things, she'll see them in a different light. (Sometimes it says you 'reasoned' with her, other times it says she 'understands' and those sorts of things.)

I think little things like how you treat Ben will affect her as well since she seems to feel 2nd closest to him (after Ep. 3).

• @Viser said: Maybe taking or not taking food from the car? If you take the food, you're kinda saying that the morals we kept from before the ZA (not stealing, for instance) are just not so necessary anymore?

Yeah, I think this is definitely one of the big ones. If you steal the food, then you're essentially telling her that it's okay to do that kind of stuff now.

• apart from the st.johns dariy i not seen her in tears that much what i think is happening is he aborseing what she been teached by lee and the others and when she gets mad its not going to be nice and yes what you say and what you do will affect clem

• Most DEFINITELY the car scene will factor in. The entire episode was about one message to Clem and if you killed the brothers and stole the food you basically gave the lesson that rules don't apply to you. The lesson isn't about being a good person, its who do the rules apply to: just those you judge or everybody.

• @merciful said: Yeah, I think this is definitely one of the big ones. If you steal the food, then you're essentially telling her that it's okay to do that kind of stuff now.

In a positive way. If she (or any of them) try to stick to pre-ZA ways of life, they're dead.

• I'm extremely surprised how Clem didn't ask you about whether leaving Lilly was a good or bad idea. I left here, and there was no argument about it.

• Duck's death and how you choose to handle it; I definitely see that one coming back to haunt Lee.

• Well she only seen me pitchfork one St.John, as I left other other to be eaten, so she'll be fine.

• @Zeruis said: I'm extremely surprised how Clem didn't ask you about whether leaving Lilly was a good or bad idea. I left here, and there was no argument about it.

She asks about what Lee is planning to do with Lilly when he does take her, so...

Everybody in the group (except possibly Lee) thought leaving Lilly was the only logical thing to do, so it doesn't surprise me that Clem didn't question it if you do leave her. While Lee is her main moral guide, I'm sure she's getting lessons from others as well.

Add Comment