User Avatar Image

[Spoilers - Ep. 3] In defence of Ben

posted by Googolplexbyte on - last edited - Viewed by 839 users

Wasn't Ben just preventing the inevitable? Like Eagle hair is paraphrase as having said, "the second the dairy farm stopped bandits would get us instead".

If not for Ben, the bandits would've got us right at the end of ep. 2. Sure the secrecy was fucking stupid, but lee's no one to judge others for secrecy.

It's completely Lilly's fault really, if she hadn't started a gun fight with an army of bandits attracting an army of dead, everyone could got out of there at there own pace. Plus stealing's hardly punishable by death, she'd gone crazy. Was she still nuts later in the comic?

Also it was kind of inevitable doug/carley would've died they'd taken a bit of a backseat in the story.

And honestly what other choice was there, it was probably a deal made at gunpoint considering bandits and all. Plus we raided the entire pharmacy and it was time to leave any way.

Plus even if I were wrong in my opinion, the game should still have the decency to let me show it in game rather than forcing me to be an ass to Ben.

191 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • But c'mon, his fear of Lilly is understandable. If you talk to everyone, you can see that although people don't really say it, they don't think Lilly is well, and it's clear that she could snap at any moment. And he was right to be scared, when she thought he was the one who had the deal with the bandits, she wanted to kick him out of the group, and when people were against that, you know what happened. Carley gets shot in the face because her defending Ben looks suspicious to Lilly, or Doug gets shot in the head because he pulls Ben out of Lilly's way.

• If Ben told everyone about the deal everything would go smoothly :

Ben would tell the group about the deal and everyone can discuss about it casually. The group as a whole should keep the deal going while finding out a plan. That plan should be fix the RV gather all of the goods into the RV and then escape. Hopefully Lilly wouldn't be a bitch about it and just leave. Then they just escape into the Van cutting off the Deal with the bandits, and be done with them.

Things would've gone a lot more smoothly if Ben told everyone about the deal. Anyways how is it Lilly's fault? Sure she shot the bandit but who knows she could've saved one of the survivors lives. Those bandits are crazy and coudl've shot any time. If anything I think Lilly helped, since there would be gunfire anyways.

• @Christoaster said: . Those bandits are crazy and coudl've shot any time. .

Not to mention they dont like no hash!

• @Googolplexbyte said:

If not for Ben, the bandits would've got us right at the end of ep. 2. Sure the secrecy was fucking stupid, but lee's no one to judge others for secrecy.

That's a bad comparison. Lee's murdering someone has less an immediate impact on their lives then ciphering supplies secretly. Like Lilly said, one might get sick and with no medicine they could die. Telling or not telling about a murder conviction isn't really going to change the day to living situation.

• @Xarne said: Good lord man, next thing you'll be telling me he's the last survivor of Ep5.
    If he gets away with the death of one group member and indirect death of Kenny's entire family scott free....I will be very /sadface

Sadly, Ben is that type of guy who tends to make it to the end but causes many people's deaths.

That or completely redeem himself before he dies horrifically saving everyone.

I'm hoping for the latter, or some other non-typical option. We'll see how creative the writers are.

• I can't really see Ben making it to the end, even though I kinda want him to. I can definitely see Kenny though, don't know why, but Kenny looks like the kind of guy that has to take a lot of shit through the zombie apocalypse but lasts longer than most people.

• @Viser said: I can't really see Ben making it to the end, even though I kinda want him to. I can definitely see Kenny though, don't know why, but Kenny looks like the kind of guy that has to take a lot of shit through the zombie apocalypse but lasts longer than most people.

I could definitely see Kenny pulling a C.J. from the Dawn of the dead. He's got nothing left to live for and sacrifices himself for the group. I don't think Ben makes it to the end of the season.

• @Viser said: I can't really see Ben making it to the end, even though I kinda want him to. I can definitely see Kenny though, don't know why, but Kenny looks like the kind of guy that has to take a lot of shit through the zombie apocalypse but lasts longer than most people.

Kenny's fire is gone - my conflicts with him up to this point, while I didnt agree with all of them, I could see his point of view (the defense of his family). I'm worried he's gonna be a shell of a man now - or worse, lose it and endanger the rest of us somehow

• I don't think he's got the fire to be a danger.

• @DreadMagus said: I don't think he's got the fire to be a danger.

like one night just wake up 'eff this' opens the gates and walks out to meet death, while walkers pour in

Or shoots himself on watch, ringing the dinner bell for walkers
    that kinda stuff

Add Comment