User Avatar Image

So many spoiler tags. Why?

posted by Red Panda on - last edited - Viewed by 1.5K users

Seriously, what is not a spoiler?

How do you talk about a game in any meaningful way without spoiling it?

It just seems like such an arrogant sense of entitlement that a person would go to a forum that does nothing but talk about the game and expect people not to talk about it.

And it makes no sense because depending on how much you've played, if you've played at all, anything can be a spoiler. What is a spoiler for one person may not be for the next.

In this game, because of the choices (I know what you're thinking and save it for another thread) even people that played the same episode can have things spoiled.

The episodes come out months apart so what could you be dying to talk about afters months of discussion and just can't avoid the forums until you've played the latest episode?

Seriously, what is the bright line? Just mentioning anything in ep 1 is a spoiler if you've never played the game.

I just can't wrap my head around this. Is there a time limit? It's a spoiler for 2 weeks after the last release? I mean, how does it work? I just don't get it.

Personally, I everything should be considered a spoiler so therefore people should avoid the forum if they don't want anything spoiled. Seriously.

71 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @DreadMagus said: To expect people to do it.

I think expecting people to exercise some common sense is totally realistic.

• @Red Panda said: I think expecting people to exercise some common sense is totally realistic.

you're asking way too much now

Did you put a spoiler tag on this thread btw?

• @Red Panda said: I think expecting people to exercise some common sense is totally realistic.

New to the internet?

• @Xarne said: you're asking way too much now

Did you put a spoiler tag on this thread btw?

@Xarne said: New to the internet?

lol Well, they have to learn sometime life is hard when you're stupid. It may seem harsh, but this is gentle introduction in many ways.

It's a common courtesy. It's the same reason I spoiler almost everything about the comics if they're brought up. Also, the European PS3 guys hadn't even got the game until very recently, if they've even received it. Coming here to find information from TTG should be expected.

I also came here after the release before playing. I had lost all my saves and after fixing the problems with my installation, I still couldn't use my old saves. I made a thread asking if anyone could share their saves.

Again, it's just common courtesy. If the board were dedicated strictly to story discussions only, I'd probably agree with you.

Edit: It's really not that difficult to add (SPOILERS) to your thread's title or use {spoiler}{/spoiler} (changing { to [ obviously)

• Ok this is why.

I came back to the forums today for the first time in two months to see if there was a release date for Episode 3 on iOS (yes I realise Ep2 only just came out last week but I wanna continue goddamnit).

Scrolling down the titles I saw that 1 character has been killed off, and another is sick.

If these had spoiler tags I wouldn't have paid attention. I now see that one the offending threads has been moderated to not give anything away in title.

So if I can't come to the TTG forums to find out when one of their titles might be released for fear of spoilers where can I go?

• @Chickenman said: Ok this is why.

I came back to the forums today for the first time in two months to see if there was a release date for Episode 3 on iOS (yes I realise Ep2 only just came out last week but I wanna continue goddamnit).

Scrolling down the titles I saw that 1 character has been killed off, and another is sick.

If these had spoiler tags I wouldn't have paid attention. I now see that one the offending threads has been moderated to not give anything away in title.

So if I can't come to the TTG forums to find out when one of their titles might be released for fear of spoilers where can I go?

Sorry, I got spoiled to all hell too. Can you just keep trying to download it and stay off the forum? There's probably more surprises in store.

• @Marleysativa said: It's a common courtesy. It's the same reason I spoiler almost everything about the comics if they're brought up. Also, the European PS3 guys hadn't even got the game until very recently, if they've even received it. Coming here to find information from TTG should be expected.

I also came here after the release before playing. I had lost all my saves and after fixing the problems with my installation, I still couldn't use my old saves. I made a thread asking if anyone could share their saves.

Again, it's just common courtesy. If the board were dedicated strictly to story discussions only, I'd probably agree with you.

It's not a common courtesy. It's just pandering to people that fail to excercise common sense and a crazy sense of entitlement.

So, in your own case, you have a tech problem so you go to the discussion board to make a thread? Because fuck this http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=79 and fuck this http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29367 right? Courtesy is important until you have a tech problem, then people can post wherever they damn well please! lol

• Well, ultimately it doesn't matter... it's telltale's board... so their rules.

Add Comment