User Avatar Image

Whose death made you so emotional?

posted by ZombieBlaster on - last edited - Viewed by 3K users

A lot of the characters have died already, but Carley's death just broke my damn heart!

258 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Duck, man. I was playing with my two younger siblings and they were kinda staring at me as I was crying as I shot him in the head. lol.

Kenny's my buddy so watching him grieve was extremely difficult. And Duck wasn't a bad kid either... maybe a little annoying, but his enthusiasm was heartening. I've played through the episode four or five times now and Kenny's reaction sets me off every time.

In terms of other people...
    -Carley: Meh. She was really stupid for going off on Lilly. Not that she had it coming but she should have used her head there. She wasn't in my "canon" playthrough so I wasn't as attached to her as most of you are; her death ranks in value to about Jolene's in my book, no offense.
    -Doug: What a great guy. I felt way more sad in this case because he died a hero in a way. And I was hoping that he'd pull off a badass move in a later episode, oh well.
    -Katjaa: Her death was the most shocking to me... but it really made Duck's death more depressing more than anything.
    -Larry: As much as I disliked the guy, as even though in my "canon" playthrough I help Kenny kill him... it wasn't an easy thing to do, especially watching Lilly scream and struggle the way she did.

• @Master of Aeons said: I'm taking all of you with me! *drinks nitroglycerine*

No birthday bumps for you.

• Carley and Duck.

Carley because she was a trusted friend to Lee in my game and her death made it harder and harder to go on with the group, especially since she was murdered by someone in the group.

And Duck because it showed that even pure innocence stands no chance in this brutal reality that has been unleashed by God knows what. It really demonstrated that there are no lines this "infection" won't cross and implicates through Duck that even Clementine can very well be a victim. Overall, Duck's death brought up the possibility that someone as innocent and cute as Clementine can be turned and that is an incredibly disturbing and brutal reality; the last remnants of innocence is slowly being purged from this scarred world. I can't even imagine how this is all going to turn out now.

• @slough said: Duck, man. I was playing with my two younger siblings and they were kinda staring at me as I was crying as I shot him in the head. lol.

Kenny woulda taken care of that for you, no problem.
    At least he did in my game- took a lil coaxing but I got it out of him

• @Xarne said: Kenny woulda taken care of that for you, no problem.
    At least he did in my game- took a lil coaxing but I got it out of him

Nah, I couldn't do that to him. Maybe if I make a playthrough where I'm purposefully a huge dick to everybody, but I'd never force somebody to kill their own kid. Better me than him, especially when we've been buddies. I'd rather have Duck reanimate.

• @Cyreen said: No birthday bumps for you.

What? Who's birthday is it? Did I miss cake? Was there a story about girls night out? I still get cake, right?

• @slough said: Nah, I couldn't do that to him. Maybe if I make a playthrough where I'm purposefully a huge dick to everybody, but I'd never force somebody to kill their own kid. Better me than him, especially when we've been buddies. I'd rather have Duck reanimate.

he's gonna throw it back in your face, watch lol
    thats the only reason I made him do it

• @Xarne said: he's gonna throw it back in your face, watch lol

No he won't Kenny is my boy! he would never do that, i always got his back!

• @Xarne said: he's gonna throw it back in your face, watch lol

Katjaa said that killing Duck would be doing the family good, and Kenny has mentioned forgiving Lee due to Katjaa's opinion of him, so...

Although I didn't really think of Kenny killing Duck from a full-circle thing with Shawn/Hershel. Hm. Maybe I will make a playthrough for that because that's an interesting idea. Good thing I have this game bought on two systems lol

@Xarne said: No he won't Kenny is my boy! he would never do that, i always got his back!

That too!

Add Comment