User Avatar Image

[Spoilers - Ep. 3] In defence of Ben

posted by Googolplexbyte on - last edited - Viewed by 854 users

Wasn't Ben just preventing the inevitable? Like Eagle hair is paraphrase as having said, "the second the dairy farm stopped bandits would get us instead".

If not for Ben, the bandits would've got us right at the end of ep. 2. Sure the secrecy was fucking stupid, but lee's no one to judge others for secrecy.

It's completely Lilly's fault really, if she hadn't started a gun fight with an army of bandits attracting an army of dead, everyone could got out of there at there own pace. Plus stealing's hardly punishable by death, she'd gone crazy. Was she still nuts later in the comic?

Also it was kind of inevitable doug/carley would've died they'd taken a bit of a backseat in the story.

And honestly what other choice was there, it was probably a deal made at gunpoint considering bandits and all. Plus we raided the entire pharmacy and it was time to leave any way.

Plus even if I were wrong in my opinion, the game should still have the decency to let me show it in game rather than forcing me to be an ass to Ben.

191 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I like Ben and I cannot afford losing guys anymore.

• To me it doesn't matter if he felt the group was trustworthy or not. He was still let in the group even though Lilly wasn't for it. He was even given a job within the group, so obviously he was IN the group. He should have come to the group (that he's a part of) with his idea instead of just going with it.

True, he couldn't have known what his actions would lead to but it was still HIS actions that lead to the death of 3 group members. Including the only thing one of our remaining members had in the world, his family. If Kenny wants his revenge on the person who took that from him then why should I stand in his way?

• Something occurred to me this morning...

Ben's a cockroach. Easily frightened, runs at the first opportunity, and steals what it can while hiding. And seems to have no purpose other than this.

• @DreadMagus said: Something occurred to me this morning...

Ben's a cockroach. Easily frightened, runs at the first opportunity, and steals what it can while hiding. And seems to have no purpose other than this.

A male cockroach probably wouldn't let it's female counterpart take the fall for something it did. I'd say Ben is lower than a cockroach lol

• @Cooperal said: Heck, as watchman, everyone was relying on him to not let bandits round up the group effortlessly. And we know how well that went.

Let's put a 17-year-old kid on watch and expect him to kill human beings in cold blood. That didn't work? Let's hold him accountable for the people who died as a result.

• @Viser said: I really hope they don't pull a "now that he's redeemed, he dies lolwut" on Ben, just like they did with most characters that were hated, that would kinda suck =\

I noticed that.

Whenever a character is getting hated on they either kill them or kill the folks next to them to inspire sympathy.

My guess Ben gets himself killed or in other words "punches his own ticket" for the good of the group.

Then we are all forced to love him

• I think he did the right thing. I will try to make him my buddy, he doesn't deserve all the hate he gets, he was just protecting the group!

• Ben's not a roach, he's just a typical coward. The last weakling in the Walking Dead talked to a chained up zombie and let it bite her. I think he'll get something less poetic, but no more heroic.

• Coward, Cockroach... semantics....

• Roach implies he's a bad person, to me. Ben's not bad. He's a liability. Whether that's worse than a weasel/roach/snake is up to the individual weasel farmer/pest controller/snake wrangler.

Add Comment