User Avatar Image

Limited Choices discussion (merged threads)

posted by ADavidson on - last edited - Viewed by 3.7K users

I was a bit disappointed with the story choices. Reminded me of LA Noir, where most game choices are superficial. If you pick Shawn he still dies the same. Even if the other chosen character died(Doug or Carlie), the other said the same things. And no matter what I said nothing changed story points, like Larry shoving you down even if you side with him. Oh and with Glenn, if you hand the girl the gun he says how can you let people give up but if you refuse he says how can you deny someone's choice! The character's in the game should have the same convictions no matter what you choose, this is unacceptable character development.

Supposedly the choices of Episode 1 greatly affect how everyone views you though... I sure hope the following episodes prove more impressive with the choices, and I realllllly hope it branches out and expands more. For a 2hr game it should have a lot more possibilities.

I know it's only a $5 game, just please don't let me down.

Otherwise, the story itself was awesome, the gameplay is really good and the art style is incredible. Still the best TT game to date! Keep it up guys!

641 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @YamiRaziel said: Do you know what choice is? Choice is whether to be good or bad to a little girl who's parents are probably dead.
    Saving everybody from certain death is your latent dream of being more than you are. You want to be heroes you're not in RL and because you can't be, you start crying that the game doesn't allow you to make choices.
    This is pathetic, honestly!

I have already stated on that forum, that from the game perspective, the choice is when the game reacts in some reasonable way to your action, which is not happening. What's the meaning of all those choices if the game just discards them and gives you exactly the same reaction?
    And if this game is about some murderer doing babysitting in ZA world, I'd rather TTG tell me this now, because this is not the kind of story I am interested in.

• @MichaCHOW said: So bitter, I can go be mean or nice to a little girl in real life.

Get it?

I get it, but I'm not sure you do. Yes you can be mean or nice to a little girl and that will be a choice you can make.
    You can't save everybody's lives because you're not God. It will be a choice to try or not, the result is irrelevant. Sometimes there are things you cannot change.
    Do you, get it now?

ommmnomnomnom, I'm not the one crying about the game, am I?

• @YamiRaziel said: OP, who said that there wasn't sex in the game? Are you sure that Kenny and Katjaa do not do it in the RV? I'm perfectly okay to be in the dark about this. Go ask the developers if you care that much.

Your problem is not the lack of sex in the game, it's your character's lack of sex that bothers you.
    Which brings us back to what Weili said:

I disagree. I think being married, 33, and about to be a parent can make a person more mature. There are obviously exceptions, but resorting to straw man arguments ("it's your character's lack of sex that bothers you") and straight up ad hominem attacks ("horny teenagers") doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in a person that's about to judge someone else's maturity level on the internet.

It personally hasn't occured to me that I'd want more sex to happen in this game, but being so abrasive in response to the idea being mentioned, and declaring the person who brought it up to be "immature" and calling him a "horny teenager" in the process seems like a pot & kettle situation to me.

• @YamiRaziel said: I get it, but I'm not sure you do. Yes you can be mean or nice to a little girl and that will be a choice you can make.
    You can't save everybody's lives because you're not God. It will be a choice to try or not, the result is irrelevant. Sometimes there are things you cannot change.
    Do you, get it now?

ommmnomnomnom, I'm not the one crying about the game, am I?

And you just admitted that the choice doesn't matter.

I'm not crying about anything, I'm just clearing up things for people like you except you keep mentioning God like you're the psychologist of the year who thinks they've analyzed everyone's perspective and summed it down to everyone wanting to be the simplest, thing to conclude to.

You're crying about everyone else crying, so how about you quit being hypocrite, that's pathetic. You're not helping yourself or anyone when you answer one of us in comparison to everyone who replies to you.

There simply is no tailored choice in this game, it's a copy and paste dialogue comic book with the media title "video game"

• @YamiRaziel said: OP, who said that there wasn't sex in the game? Are you sure that Kenny and Katjaa do not do it in the RV? I'm perfectly okay to be in the dark about this. Go ask the developers if you care that much.

Your problem is not the lack of sex in the game, it's your character's lack of sex that bothers you.
    Which brings us back to what Weili said:

Sure, they might. And yes of course it's your character that's the problem. It doesn't have to happen but you could open the possibility. It could bring a lot of drama to the plot and it's a realistic thing to happen.

Insulting me won't gain you a thing, the fact that you feel so strongly for the idea of sex in the game (up the point of insulting me for bringing it up) says more of you than of me.

@YamiRaziel said:
    Also, next time before you decide to start a new thread, you can use the search engine to check whether there are such topic or not. Guess what, there is another absolutely identical thread. If you're not gonna do it for us, do it for the mods. Make it easier on them.

I did search and didn't found anything, maybe I should have tried harder but half the topics I've seen in the shot time I've been here are of things talked about before. The mods could merge the topic if they want. Besides the sex part was only part of what I said, you're all so hung up on it that you forget everything else.

If you want to help the mods you should stop trying to do their job, especially since you do it while being hostile and insulting. You'll only create trouble and flame wars.

• /cough.
    I WANTED To type something pretty darn long,
    But i'll just do a tl;dr for all Qqers- People FUCKING Die.

• @JabbaDaHuttX7 said: I disagree. I think being married, 33, and about to be a parent can make a person more mature. There are obviously exceptions, but resorting to straw man arguments ("it's your character's lack of sex that bothers you") and straight up ad hominem attacks ("horny teenagers") doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in a person that's about to judge someone else's maturity level on the internet.

It personally hasn't occured to me that I'd want more sex to happen in this game, but being so abrasive in response to the idea being mentioned, and declaring the person who brought it up to be "immature" and calling him a "horny teenager" in the process seems like a pot & kettle situation to me.

To me stating that Telltale lied and false advertised their game because some people want to have God given powers and other feel bad for not being able to bone a certain character in the game is not something I'm gonna take as mature attitude.

Aldaron, it does say more about me? You know that I did check your thread and I found 3 pages of arguments how the game could've been better if it had more sex.

• I think many people are just missing the point there.

It's not Carley death why people got mad at the game and TTG. It's how the game discards players' choices what got them mad. And Carley death was only a trigger. Many people were attached to Carley and when they saw her die they just tried to re-load and find different outcome... To find out that there is no choice, there is only illusion of a choice, and the game advertisement, is, uhm, fake.

• @MichaCHOW said: And you just admitted that the choice doesn't matter.

I'm not crying about anything, I'm just clearing up things for people like you except you keep mentioning God like you're the psychologist of the year who thinks they've analyzed everyone's perspective and summed it down to everyone wanting to be the simplest, thing to conclude to.

You're crying about everyone else crying, so how about you quit being hypocrite, that's pathetic. You're not helping yourself or anyone when you answer one of us in comparison to everyone who replies to you.

There simply is no tailored choice in this game, it's a copy and paste dialogue comic book with the media title "video game"

Oh, I'm sorry, did I touch a nerve? I didn't post my comment to anybody specifically. It was my perception of the general attitude of the people in this thread. If you recognized yourself in my words, it's your own problem, not mine.

When did I exactly admit that choices do not matter? You (I'm being specific now) clearly do not know the difference between a choice and a result.

Maugly, choice and result are two different things. You can try to save her or not. That's choice.
    Her death is the RESULT of somebody else's choice.

• @Maugly said: I think many people are just missing the point there.

It's not Carley death why people got mad at the game and TTG. It's how the game discards players' choices what got them mad. And Carley death was only a trigger. Many people were attached to Carley and when they saw her die they just tried to re-load and find different outcome... To find out that there is no choice, there is only illusion of a choice, and the game advertisement, is, uhm, fake.

What about DOUG?

Add Comment