User Avatar Image

So many spoiler tags. Why?

posted by Red Panda on - last edited - Viewed by 1.3K users

Seriously, what is not a spoiler?

How do you talk about a game in any meaningful way without spoiling it?

It just seems like such an arrogant sense of entitlement that a person would go to a forum that does nothing but talk about the game and expect people not to talk about it.

And it makes no sense because depending on how much you've played, if you've played at all, anything can be a spoiler. What is a spoiler for one person may not be for the next.

In this game, because of the choices (I know what you're thinking and save it for another thread) even people that played the same episode can have things spoiled.

The episodes come out months apart so what could you be dying to talk about afters months of discussion and just can't avoid the forums until you've played the latest episode?

Seriously, what is the bright line? Just mentioning anything in ep 1 is a spoiler if you've never played the game.

I just can't wrap my head around this. Is there a time limit? It's a spoiler for 2 weeks after the last release? I mean, how does it work? I just don't get it.

Personally, I everything should be considered a spoiler so therefore people should avoid the forum if they don't want anything spoiled. Seriously.

71 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Zargus said: You are asking if I was angry or annoyed about Episode 2 being released late? No I was not. Where other EU and rest or the PS3 world? A lot where yes but I was not one of them at all.

Fine. So part of your argument this whole time is that people should have a place to complain about the game being 2 weeks late (which will change nothing) so we need spoiler tags? Ok.... Thanks for the contribution!

• @vixvicco said: I understand what you mean. Maybe they should do what other forums do and have a general discussion (spoilers allowed) and general discussion (no spoilers). I suppose that would solve the issue. Most forums do this actually.

Yeah, I think you're right! This should be the spoiler forum and they should make a non-spoiler forum in my humble (haha) opinion.

• @Red Panda said: Fine. So your part of your argument this whole time is that people should have a place to complain about the game being 2 weeks late (which will change nothing) so we need spoiler tags? Ok.... Thanks for the contribution!

Finally you get it. And I know it will not help them but it gives them a chance to vent some anger as they will be angry. Ether that or as vixvicco said bring up a second general discussion for spoilers.

• @Zargus said: Finally you get it. And I know it will not help them but it gives them a chance to vent some anger as they will be angry. Ether that or as vixvicco said bring up a second general discussion for spoilers.

I don't get it because you're inconsistent and then you blame my reading comprehension. Seriously?

You're not mad and don't want to complain, and yet you write: "We do check the blogs, Facebook and Twitter but also a lot come on here to vent their frustrations and it is not a technical problem so this seems like the right place to create threads on the subject at hand. Plus it happened once that was understandable but twice? I would have thought TTG would have learned...."

So by "we" you mean everybody but you, right? Because that's what "we" means?

Yeah, you're words are being twisted, but not by me. Nothing you've previously said goes with the idea you're not complaining.

• Anybody who comes on this site and expects not to be spoiled is a wasteman (except if you're looking for tech help)

• Nevermind I just saw that there's a support forum. I don't understand why you would come to a forum that discusses what happened in the story if you didn't want to know.

• @Red Panda said: Yeah, I think you're right! This should be the spoiler forum and they should make a non-spoiler forum in my humble (haha) opinion.

That's a great idea!

Maybe they could put it here. http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80

FYI this was up before you posted your initial rant. HTH.

I think spoilers are the least of your worries.

• @L e x said: Nevermind I just saw that there's a support forum. I don't understand why you would come to a forum that discusses what happened in the story if you didn't want to know.

A discussion forum is used for more than just story threads. This topic doesn't really matter anymore since they've just added a spoiler section to the forums. It's a great idea but I don't envy the guys who are going to have to reorganize this place.

They've added it at a good time at least. It will give people enough time to become familiar with the new format before Episode 4 is released.

Edit: Cyreen caught me, damn. Awesome typo, right?

• @Marleysativa said: They've added it at a good time at least. It will give people enough time to become familiar with the new format before Episode 3 is released.

Umm...

• @Red Panda said: So, instead of checking, say, the blog, or twitter, or facebook, come to the discussion forum, right? I mean, that makes more sense? Because you want to check the release date of an episode that was just released last week! LMFAO!

I think spoilers are the least of your worries.

Sorry to dredge a dead thread but I felt the following needs to be said.

Remember this piece of advice? Well guess what. There is a release date for episode 4 (admitedly not the ep 3 iOS I'm waiting for) and it hasn't been posted on the blog yet (as at 8:30 am NZT).

So my thoughts of coming to the forums to check for release dates aren't as ill-conceived as your advice.

Although it now looks like ep 4 is going to be spoiled to hell before I even get ep 3.

Add Comment