User Avatar Image

Limited Choices discussion (merged threads)

posted by ADavidson on - last edited - Viewed by 3.8K users

I was a bit disappointed with the story choices. Reminded me of LA Noir, where most game choices are superficial. If you pick Shawn he still dies the same. Even if the other chosen character died(Doug or Carlie), the other said the same things. And no matter what I said nothing changed story points, like Larry shoving you down even if you side with him. Oh and with Glenn, if you hand the girl the gun he says how can you let people give up but if you refuse he says how can you deny someone's choice! The character's in the game should have the same convictions no matter what you choose, this is unacceptable character development.

Supposedly the choices of Episode 1 greatly affect how everyone views you though... I sure hope the following episodes prove more impressive with the choices, and I realllllly hope it branches out and expands more. For a 2hr game it should have a lot more possibilities.

I know it's only a $5 game, just please don't let me down.

Otherwise, the story itself was awesome, the gameplay is really good and the art style is incredible. Still the best TT game to date! Keep it up guys!

641 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @QuarterPounderVlad said: What about DOUG?

Doug had much less likers, so their voice is not heard. You know, you can always scrap the minority. :)

• @YamiRaziel said: Oh, I'm sorry, did I touch a nerve? I didn't post my comment to anybody specifically. It was my perception of the general attitude of the people in this thread. If you recognized yourself in my words, it's your own problem, not mine.

When did I exactly admit that choices do not matter? You (I'm being specific now) clearly do not know the difference between a choice and a result.

Maugly, choice and result are two different things. You can try to save her or not. That's choice.
    Her death is the RESULT of somebody else's choice.

You're full of it is my response to your first line.

The result is irrelevant you said. No one said you can't make a choice, we're talking about the results of making choices, and the choices don't matter because the result is always the same.

Get it right, troll. No one said you can't make a choice. Said it twice for you.

• I agree with the choices point. I feel as if the characters that were killed of make it easier for them to tie up lose ends, and not have to keep with separate voice actors anymore or something. Maybe I'm wrong, but that was lazy on their part. I never liked Lilly, but I found her behavior in the last episode to be unlike her (then again, her father just got killed). Its' hard to say, but I feel like that was just an easy way to get rid her too.

In terms of the sex, each to their own. I never had any problems playing any games that have no sex scenes. Its really not important. If you want that, just continue reading the comics.

• @YamiRaziel said: Her death is the RESULT of somebody else's choice.

Somebody else's (the writers of the game) not ours, well said.

• @YamiRaziel said: Maugly, choice and result are two different things. You can try to save her or not. That's choice.
    Her death is the RESULT of somebody else's choice.

From the game FAQ: 'A decision that you make or something that you say will have repercussions not only in the episode that you’re playing'.

Please name me one effect of my choice during the road argument scene that had an effect during the episode I was playing?

• Let's keep it nice in here, shall we?

Weili, stop posting pictures of yourself, please. A thoughtful and polite argument is much more appreciated.

Insults to other members are not tolerated.

• @QuarterPounderVlad said: What about DOUG?

People who choice Doug do not care about e-love that much. That's probably one of the reason why we haven't seem them cry as much as those who choose Carley.

MichaCHOW, this is the last time I'm writing something directly to you. I'm really not gonna spend my time with you anymore.

There is result of making choices. You can be bad or good to Clem, Lilly, Kenny, Katjaa and pretty much everyone in the game. You can save either Carley or Doug in ep 1. You can decide to kill the brothers in ep. 2 or show mercy. You can either retain hope and help Larry and assist in killing him. Those are choices and they affect the characters. As the characters are integral to the story, then choices affect the story.

You want your God like powers and being able to save everybody.

the choices don't matter because the result is always the same.
    You forget that the other character make choices as well. Lilly choose to shot Carley/Ben, it was her choice not yours. You choose to leave her or take her with you. Later her choice is to steal the RV.
    I'm sorry that your choices are not as Godly as you want them.

Maugly, Lee was not the prime star in that argument. In ep.4 you'll probably see the effects of your choices.
    I can tell you choices that have been affecting the story since ep. 1.
    Example: Be nice or mean to Kenny. It changes your entire perception of the story.
    This is still ep. 3. The story is far from over. There's not really a reason to believe that your choices won't affect your Kenny/Lee relationship in ep 4 and 5.

• @YamiRaziel said: People who choice Doug do not care about e-love that much. That's probably one of the reason why we haven't seem them cry as much as those who choose Carley.

MichaCHOW, this is the last time I'm writing something directly to you. I'm really not gonna spend my time with you anymore.

There is result of making choices. You can be bad or good to Clem, Lilly, Kenny, Katjaa and pretty much everyone in the game. You can save either Carley or Doug in ep 1. You can decide to kill the brothers in ep. 2 or show mercy. You can either retain hope and help Larry and assist in killing him. Those are choices and they affect the characters. As the characters are integral to the story, then choices affect the story.

You want your God like powers and being able to save everybody.

You forget that the other character make choices as well. Lilly choose to shot Carley/Ben, it was her choice not yours. You choose to leave her or take her with you. Later her choice is to steal the RV.
    I'm sorry that your choices are not as Godly as you want them.

You really don't get anything at all, go backwards a page and read the longer thing I put. None of the things you say or do matter because what happens?

Clem only wants her parents, Lilly leaves regardless, Kenny will always be broken and your friend at the end of Episode three, Katjaa and Duck will always die, the brothers are obviously never seen again, Larry's dead indefinitely, Carley/Doug is dead indefinitely. Choice affects story? Maybe if you only played once and didn't try any repeats that's what YOU think. But in the end whatever "Choices" you made didn't do anything, so pay attention, quit trying to be so self-righteous and think you know everything.

You're pulling all this "someone else made the choice" out of your ass, that has nothing to do with what choice the PLAYER makes. Your entire argument is irrelevant troll

• Exactly. You can't change the outcome of the scene outside the RV because no matter what you (Lee) do, Carley will always defend Ben and stand up to Lilly, which causes Lilly to shoot her. You can't prevent her death because she makes choices as well, and her choice is to defend Ben.

And I think you're wrong there, episode 3 doesn't always end with Kenny being your friend, don't know where you got that from.

• @YamiRaziel said: Maugly, Lee was not the prime star in that argument. In ep.4 you'll probably see the effects of your choices.
    I can tell you choices that have been affecting the story since ep. 1.
    Example: Be nice or mean to Kenny. It changes your entire perception of the story.
    This is still ep. 3. The story is far from over. There's not really a reason to believe that your choices won't affect your Kenny/Lee relationship in ep 4 and 5.

Please. Episode 3 is a stand-alone product, it is sold as a stand-alone product, and I was said (I even quoted you this part) that I've got to see an effect of my decisions right in the episode I am playing. It's like... idk...

- Frodo, are you going to Mordor to fullfill your mission?
    - Yes.
    - Okay, than take this ring. You will meet nazguls, Legolas and stuff (...)
    -------
    - Frodo, are you going to Mordor to fullfill your mission?
    - No.
    - You must. Take this ring. You will meet nazguls, Legolas and stuff (... the same story, and may be in the end of the fourth book you've got to see an effect of your decision).

I really feel deceived.

Add Comment