User Avatar Image

Limited Choices discussion (merged threads)

posted by ADavidson on - last edited - Viewed by 10.3K users

I was a bit disappointed with the story choices. Reminded me of LA Noir, where most game choices are superficial. If you pick Shawn he still dies the same. Even if the other chosen character died(Doug or Carlie), the other said the same things. And no matter what I said nothing changed story points, like Larry shoving you down even if you side with him. Oh and with Glenn, if you hand the girl the gun he says how can you let people give up but if you refuse he says how can you deny someone's choice! The character's in the game should have the same convictions no matter what you choose, this is unacceptable character development.

Supposedly the choices of Episode 1 greatly affect how everyone views you though... I sure hope the following episodes prove more impressive with the choices, and I realllllly hope it branches out and expands more. For a 2hr game it should have a lot more possibilities.

I know it's only a $5 game, just please don't let me down.

Otherwise, the story itself was awesome, the gameplay is really good and the art style is incredible. Still the best TT game to date! Keep it up guys!

641 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @YamiRaziel said: I'm not even going to bother to respond to that. I'm giving up on you. I do get what your saying, I just do not found your argument to be valid.
    And no, I'm not a troll, I'm just posting in a topic you turned to war zone.

    Your argument has no validation in choices. It literally makes no sense where you came up with your argument. Like I said before, no one said anything about not being able to make choices, it's the effect. (Oh wait there is none because it's always the same result)

    You're the one provoking it calling everyone pathetic in generalization and saying "struck a nerve?" It's a double-fault so don't act like it's all on me.

  • @Maugly said: Why do I get to make like 3 choices during that conversation? For the game to show me my choices does not always affect an outcome? But well, that's directly contradict their advertisement...

    In order to affect how Ben and the group perceive you. Like, would you be willing to kick Ben out of the group based on suspicion, or would you like to analyze the situation better, or maybe you thought Ben was guilty, but deserved a second chance?

    And we know that people's perception of Lee affects the way they treat him. So yeah, I'd say it matters.

    That's what I'm thinking, at least.

  • @Viser said: In order to affect how Ben and the group perceive you. Like, would you be willing to kick Ben out of the group based on suspicion, or would you like to analyze the situation better, or maybe you thought Ben was guilty, but deserved a second chance?

    And we know that people's perception of Lee affects the way they treat him. So yeah, I'd say it matters.

    That's what I'm thinking, at least.

    It doesn't affect how they percieve you if they're all dead and Ben ends up admitting the truth to you whether you ask him again or not

    And in the end of the episode everyone treats Lee the same. Kenny lost his family now Lee is his only friend. Christa/Omid will be pissed at Lee for saving whomever first. Nothing affects how people percieve Lee.

  • @Viser said: In order to affect how Ben and the group perceive you. Like, would you be willing to kick Ben out of the group based on suspicion, or would you like to analyze the situation better, or maybe you thought Ben was guilty, but deserved a second chance?

    And we know that people's perception of Lee affects the way they treat him. So yeah, I'd say it matters.

    That's what I'm thinking, at least.

    I don't get to kick Ben out of the group in episode 3. Did I miss something?
    Please, yet again, don't start this 'in the next episode' stuff.

  • @Maugly said: I don't get to kick Ben out of the group in episode 3. Did I miss something?
    Please, yet again, don't start this 'in the next episode' stuff.

    Please don't start this "I want it in this episode". It's a story divided into 5 parts. Rate a book once you've read the whole of it, not only the first 3 chapters.

  • Mad fanboys trolls <3 just ignore and stop wasting your time tbh

    As for upcoming episodes.... well after Episode 1 it had been addressed by the community and

    @G.Ross said: The designers are trying really hard to make those choices matter further down the rabbit hole. I'm hoping you'll be pleased. :)

    still no sings of it.

  • @YamiRaziel said: Please don't start this "I want it in this episode". It's a story divided into 5 parts. Rate a book once you've read the whole of it, not only the first 3 chapters.

    It's not a chapter, it's a volume. Do you rate 'The Hobbit', or just all 4 books alltogether? Do you rate 'The Vicomte de Bragelonne', or just all 3 books?

    Edit: Ahhhh, do you rate StarWars as all 6 movies, or just one-by-one? :)

  • @MichaCHOW said: It doesn't affect how they percieve you if they're all dead and Ben ends up admitting the truth to you whether you ask him again or not

    And in the end of the episode everyone treats Lee the same. Kenny lost his family now Lee is his only friend. Christa/Omid will be pissed at Lee for saving whomever first. Nothing affects how people percieve Lee.

    Where do you get that Lee is Kenny's only friend? If you don't want to be his friend, you can treat him like crap, and he won't ever help you or think of you as a friend. Plus, what do you mean "They're all dead"? As far as I know, Ben, Kenny, and Clementine were also outside the RV with Lee when it all happened. And of course Omid/Christa were pissed at the moment, but do you really think they will forget you helped them?

    And in the end of THIS EPISODE it might seem they're treating Lee the same, but goddamit, just wait for the whole game to be out.

  • @dubesor said: Mad fanboys trolls <3 just ignore and stop wasting your time tbh

    As for upcoming episodes.... well after Episode 1 it had been addressed by the community and

    still no sings of it.

    Predicted release date! ...Before 2013!

  • @Maugly said: It's not a chapter, it's a volume. Do you rate 'The Hobbit', or just all 4 books alltogether? Do you rate 'The Vicomte de Bragelonne', or just all 3 books?

    I didn't get your Hobbit and 4 books altogether statement. I rate the Hobbit as a book on it's own and LOTR as a book on it's own.
    The first 3 episodes are chapters/episodes of a book/tv show season. They are all part of the same story.
    Season 2 will probably be another story that you can call volume 2/season 2/book 2.

Add Comment