User Avatar Image

How an Honest Ad for TWD Would Read

posted by JackSchirmer on - last edited - Viewed by 1.4K users

An honest ad for The Walking Dead game would read:

"Clunky point and click adventure game with lots of button mashing, the usual bizarre key hunts (a sparkplug in order to break a window!) an interesting story, and limited choices the effects of which are confined within each episode don't work in the pc version, and primarily have to do with how people talk to you. No matter what you do, every episode begins and ends the same way. Just so you know."

Anyone else?

113 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Leave.

It might be a slightly more linear story than we were led on to believe but it's still a great one that's worth playing.

• @JackSchirmer said: Anyone else?

Sure.

SPOILER AHEAD:

If you want to beat a zombie with an umbrella, this is not the game for you. The Walking Dead brings you a story of survival and the people fighting for that one purpose. Few will achieve this goal, will you be one of the lucky few? We know Carley won't and for that many may not be pleased. But remember, there are plenty of fish in the sea. So, get over it and keep on livin'. Experience the thrills and chills of The Walking Dead. Coming soon to a PC or console near you.

• "If you get overly attached to fictional characters and believe that they won't die in a zombie apocalyptic setting where people die all the time do not play this game"

• @JackSchirmer said: An honest ad for The Walking Dead game would read:

Anyone else?

Do you mean, "does anyone else think I'm a troll?" If that is the case, then yes, I'm sure many people think that you are a troll.

• ~~~ Troll Feeding Time ~~~

@JackSchirmer said: and primarily have to do with how people talk to you.

Well, originally and in quite a few interviews R. Kirkman always stated that in "The Walking Dead" the focus was more on how characters acted and evloved then just some zombie bashing... His comic books focus on that as well as the series on TV. So obviously you're going to have to deal with people and be talking to them.

If you want a brainless zombie killer game that you don't really have to follow I can recommend the Valve game Left 4 Dead (1 & 2) no storyline has to be followed and you can shoot 'em 'till you triggerfinger is swollen, also don't forget to turn you brain on hibernation stand 'cause you won't be needing it.

Anyone else?

"Don't visit the official forums, its full with whiny kids."

"Clunky point and click adventure game with lots of button mashing, the usual bizarre key hunts (a sparkplug in order to break a window!) an interesting story, and limited choices the effects of which are confined within each episode don't work in the pc version, and primarily have to do with how people talk to you. No matter what you do, every episode begins and ends the same way. Just so you know."

Anyone else?

Must agree with that. I love TellTale and I love all their games (at least most of them). Monkey Island wasn't the monkey island which I remember as a kid but I've enjoyed it anyway and that was because it was advertised as what the game was and they really tried to be like that. TWD? Nope, how the game is presented by TellTale is just crap. It's still a good game with great graphics and so on but the whole "choices matter" thing - that's just not the way to do it.

• "Play the Walking Dead! Thousands of unique decisions that have little effect on the gameplay but people become violently divided over! Like any game, we don't really have branching storylines, because that's fucking impossible. Get invested, lose everything, claim to hate the game, but keep begging for Carley back!"

I posted this before and will again. Illusion of choice is everywhere. See those loops? They all go back to the same line. Just like Walking Dead.
    video-game-memes-the-glory-days-of-squar

"Clunky point and click adventure game with lots of button mashing, the usual bizarre key hunts (a sparkplug in order to break a window!)

Using spark plug ceramic to break windows is not unusual. The chunks of ceramic are used frequently by cowardly punks who break into cars. They call them Ninja Rocks:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninja_rocks

• @Master of Aeons said: "Play the Walking Dead! Thousands of unique decisions that have little effect on the gameplay but people become violently divided over! Like any game, we don't really have branching storylines, because that's fucking impossible. Get invested, lose everything, claim to hate the game, but keep begging for Carley back!"

I posted this before and will again. Illusion of choice is everywhere.[/IMG]

It's already obvious that they don't have even 2 storylines but in that case they shouldn't write such crap like :
    Live with the profound and lasting consequences of the decisions that you make in each episode.
    If someone is happy with the illusion of choices - ok but I'm disappointed. I've considered so hard at the end of episode 3 if I should play the game once again but all I could see was where I was going to end up - the exact same place where I will always end up and I've thought - what's the point? That's just meaningless.

Add Comment