User Avatar Image

Shooting the Girl in the street

posted by Love88 on - last edited - Viewed by 3.4K users

Okay so when Lee and Kenny are out hunting for supplies and the girl comes out screaming, and you have the choice to either shoot or not shoot, what did you decide and how does it effect the story?

I chose to leave her as a distraction, I thought the zombies might come after me.

141 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I shot her to not make her suffer.

• I tried to shoot the walker on her, but the bullet curved to her head...

But I'm glad it happened, anyway. One less person suffering and one less walker in the world. c:

• @jaybreezy said: How is using strategy (let the already dead girl go) equal Kenny being a monster? He was right. Shoot and it attracts the walkers and they could have easily been surrounded with no escape. Kenny was right in this situatuon so I dont get the "monster" comment.

What's so difficult to understand? I shot the girl because I still have some humanity left. Kenny wouldn't, but I'm sure that he will pull a Shane on me if his life depends on that.

If you shoot the girl, Kenny will proudly confess to the group. There's a difference between doing what's necessary and bragging about it. Kenny is an idiot. Even his wife doesn't agree with him.

• Shot the girl. That was a pretty sick idea Kenny suggested. Let a terrified girl die in agony so we can have a little more time to loot Lee's parents store. Just sad. Where is the dignity of men? Have we sunk this low?

Collected 12 items. Lilly was pleased with the haul and a fellow human being did not have to be used in an inhumane way to do it.

• I left her ... I would not kill someone I'd never met, and kill her? would not bring any benefit!
    It is a bad thing, but necessary, I had to get the maximum possible supplies for my group!

• At the end game rankings with other players I was honestly shocked that the majority (by a lot) left her to die in agony.

Where was the humanity and mercy?

• @YamiRaziel said: What's so difficult to understand? I shot the girl because I still have some humanity left. Kenny wouldn't, but I'm sure that he will pull a Shane on me if his life depends on that.

If you shoot the girl, Kenny will proudly confess to the group. There's a difference between doing what's necessary and bragging about it. Kenny is an idiot. Even his wife doesn't agree with him.

So. What if you shoot the girl, attract the walkers and you both die in the drug store? The supplies never make it back to the group and that's that.

You put a stranger out of her misery sure, but you are now dead. The rest of the group is probably dead as well. And I don't want to hear "oh.. well that didn't happen", because at the time it's a damn good possibility that it could happen.

There was nothing MONSTROUS about what Kenny suggested at all. It was a good suggestion for the good of the group, and our group is more important than a stranger who is dead anyway.

• @Xarne said: she was a dead man walking, she got bit 2x before you even lowered the scope.
    Were you going to shoot all 10 walkers and risk a herd? Maybe drag her into the drug store so she can turn while you're looting supplies, or maybe drag her back so she can turn in the compound, with walkers in tow.

My thought was to get rid of as many walkers I possibly could and give her a chance to fend for herself - for whatever time she had left. I wasn't about to shoot her, let alone leave her to die with all those walkers around her. Yet the game decided for me, what a shame.

Who knows, maybe she would have had a chance to escape and have the herd of walkers go after her.

• once I saw the bite, I stopped wasting bullets

• she gets bit even before you have the option to shoot her..

so other than the screaming leave her alone ;)

Add Comment