User Avatar Image

The New Team Sucks????

posted by AceStarr on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users

Really the New Team Chuck,Omid,Christa

Could you really survive a zombie apoc with em???

I have to say i dont think so

Lee might wanna break off with Kenny and Clem and get a boat to a Island lol

65 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • as far as the tv show none of the characters appeal to me they all have pro's and cons

if i had to pick some i'd say dale, daryl and if pushed i like hershal too...rick is doing ok but his son ain't exactly helping..

• We know nothing about the new group members. Let me take a bold move...
    [LIST]
    [*]Christa is pregnant, but Omid is not the father, as she was raped by another man. They might have paired up before or after... do we know?

[*]Chuck has been living on the streets for over a decade. People still calling him a hobo are ignorant wallies. If anyone could survive out there, it is him!

[*]Kenny is a friend in a way, but he is broken... I'm not sure he will ever be the same after episode 3.

[*]Ben is a traitor... a traitor, 15 years of age. He shits his own pants looking into the mirror... he is the perfect material to form into a loyal companion.

[*]Clem... is still cute... even wittier than we thought.

[*]Omid has a fucked up leg... not really our problem. I do want to get him through though.[/LIST]

This group is actually better than the original one. The new guys have survived on their one for a while, allowing Lee to concentrate on different matters.

• @8Bit_System said:
    [*]Christa is pregnant, but Omid is not the father, as she was raped by another man. They might have paired up before or after... do we know?

From talking to Christa and Omid, you know they lived together (Omid refers their cat), took the Great American Road Trip and hadn't been home in 6 months. If she's pregnant, I think Omid is the daddy from their demeanor.

• You do understand the word "rape" I guess?

• Chuck I am cool with. He is a somewhat convenient character given when he was introduced, but I've seen nothing I completely dislike about his personality (if maybe he needs a little more). A hobo character is a nice new character too, since we have never experienced that in TWD.

Omid is kind of a moron. Sure he is energetic and willing to help, but something just screams he will do something stupid that will hurt someone. Even him messing with the levels while Kenny is teaching him makes me a little worried.

Christa....she's just a jerk. It's one thing to be tough, but another when you just judge everyone like you're automatically smarter than them. She's barely said anything complimentary or friendly to Lee and any attempt to is shot down with cynicism. Lilly had her dad to protect, so we could understand her harsh attitude at times (until she shot Carley/Doug). The "pregnant" Christa idea is just an idea so far, so we have no reason to confirm she is acting this way out of some kind of preservation for her child. It just comes off as her being that way naturally.

The problem too is that we had no time to talk to them and develop personalities we care about. They come in literally ten or fifteen minutes before the end and that's never enough time to develop a character (you hear that TDKR?). By the halfway point of Episode 1, we spent enough time with the characters to like them. They really need to give those two a boost next episode or it will be a drag.

• @zgamer said: Chuck I am cool with. He is a somewhat convenient character given when he was introduced, but I've seen nothing I completely dislike about his personality (if maybe he needs a little more). A hobo character is a nice new character too, since we have never experienced that in TWD.

Omid is kind of a moron. Sure he is energetic and willing to help, but something just screams he will do something stupid that will hurt someone. Even him messing with the levels while Kenny is teaching him makes me a little worried.

Christa....she's just a jerk. It's one thing to be tough, but another when you just judge everyone like you're automatically smarter than them. She's barely said anything complimentary or friendly to Lee and any attempt to is shot down with cynicism. Lilly had her dad to protect, so we could understand her harsh attitude at times (until she shot Carley/Doug). The "pregnant" Christa idea is just an idea so far, so we have no reason to confirm she is acting this way out of some kind of preservation for her child. It just comes off as her being that way naturally.

The problem too is that we had no time to talk to them and develop personalities we care about. They come in literally ten or fifteen minutes before the end and that's never enough time to develop a character (you hear that TDKR?). By the halfway point of Episode 1, we spent enough time with the characters to like them. They really need to give those two a boost next episode or it will be a drag.

No way, you did not mention TDRK! That character's personality was the same throughout the entire movie, it was just that you didn't know. Rewatchability is something I greatly value in Nolan's movies!

• in short omid is basically an older version of duck (but not actually duck from the future lol)

• @8Bit_System said: You do understand the word "rape" I guess?

Yes, thank you. You do understand there are lasting psychological effects of rape? I truly doubt Omid would be excited about children if his partner was a rape victim.

• Nor would Christa seem so... well adjusted.

• I like Omid, he seems like the guy who won't make this completely serious and a power struggle. I think Christa can really offer something considering Kenny's being an a**hole (To be fair, bad day at the office) But CHUCK?!?!

1. His entry was so stupid - Already walked around and introduced himself with non of the others caring to tell you
    2. He's a fucking wierdo - He's got a 'way' with Clementine didn't he...
    3. What does he offer? - Maybe, he can be like a Dale except more open minded?

Add Comment