User Avatar Image

What you would change about Episode 3

posted by kirby18 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.5K users

!Spoilers!!

-Why Carly WHYYYYYY!! Telltale your such a tease. Have a huge romance with Carly, have that soft music playing when you talk to her, have her kiss you on the cheek and tell you she thinks about you and than what? lets just remove her from the story. Not to mention she was really becoming a part of the family (aka lee and clem)

-Also, katjaa ! You didnt have to rip out my heart telltale with carly than just completely ... im at a loss of words.

-And finally I wish lilly stayed with the group, hopefully we'll see her again but doubt it... I feel like she could of redeemed herself of something.

- A funny yet serious one, when you were walking around the train trying to get it started and the FREAKING ZOMBIE WOULDNT SHUP UP !!!! WTF! and than chuck with his guitar later but atleast that wasnt terrible to listen to on repeat for a solid 10 minutes.

If you know me, you would know I guaranteed Doug/Carlys death/departure before the episode, and I dont mind the way she was killed but why!! :(:(:(

Overall, brilliant episode telltale, and not to take away from it at all but I wished they did just a few things differently...

Please comment with what you think or better yet wish could of happened to make the episode better

72 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Carley's death felt flat compaired to Doug who gave his life to save ben it was dramatic, Carley just Insulted a phyco a little too much and was gunned down, maybe if the pacing was faster and the insults more hard hitting it would work?

• You didn't find that insult hard hitting? It was hilariously vicious. lol :)

Makes me proud.

• What do I change?
    Lilly could shoot Ben, soon after a zombie appears and kills Lilly.
    Or, the bandits hit one shot at Ben and Lilly ...
    I would be very happy if that happened ...
    (so she did not shoot Carley / Doug could not save Ben!)
    But Episode 3 was also very good...

• Duplicate threads suck.

@DreadMagus said: You didn't find that insult hard hitting? It was hilariously vicious. lol :)

Not bad as far as last words go, really she should have followed up with a right hook.

• @Marleysativa said: Carley's/Doug's murder showed us just how far Lilly had deteriorated from the events in the past episode. Not to mention what it does to Lee and how he handles a decision shortly after. That was what I took away from his/her death. Not every death needs to have significance to the overall story.

These characters also live in a different world. They essentially had lost all stability (what little there was) a short time before and had just witnessed a friend murdered by one of their own. Pleasantries like burials are a luxury in their world. If you haven't learned that by now... I just don't know.

It may have been pointless to you, but it was executed extremely well. Seriously, what are you expecting? There are several of us that have warned that these things would happen if TTG followed through with sticking to the spirit of "The Walking Dead" comics.

Because you don't like the events that transpired in this episode, it was poorly thought out. Wat. This episode was absolutely awesome, I'm sorry you don't feel the same way.

Not every death needs to have significance to the overall story.

When they're one of the only differences between episodes one and three and one of the most relatable/level-headed characters in the game, their death better contribute significance to the overall story, especially if they're fan favorites. It was handled sloppily. Even in the comics, characters are fleshed out before they die; Kirkman doesn't usually just introduce someone to kill them a short while later, and since each episode is only about 2 hours, there was plenty of room for narrative expansion regarding the roles of Carly/Doug. Duck and Katja dying were enough for this episode and that even felt forced given how the walkers somehow appeared inside of the motel complex, even though the bandits had literally just entered. Episode 3 reeked of emotional manipulation and it comes across as bad writing if you need to force situations (like Duck suddenly becoming useful right before he dies) to make your audience sad about a character passing.

• I have made peace with Carley/Doug dying. If not this episode, I kind of expected them to die in Episode 4. It was a bit shocking and maybe a tad premature, but it could have been a lot worse!

No, the thing I would have changed is the ending. To suddenly throw in two characters I don't care for and give no time to develop was just kind of flimsy. And the "climax" of a horde of walkers really did nothing for me. It was just the "ok, and here we will put lots of zombies in" moment.

If I had a say in this, I think introducing those two and the stuff with Duck and Katjaa should have switched places. Another part of why I felt the ending was weak was because it felt like the episode's plot climaxed too early. After what happens to Duck, you don't really feel like anything can top that. And...it doesn't. If these points were switched, it would have given Omid and Christa time to develop and be worth caring about while giving a strong climax to the episode.

I think that's the biggest thing for me I would change.

• @zgamer said: No, the thing I would have changed is the ending. To suddenly throw in two characters I don't care for and give no time to develop was just kind of flimsy. And the "climax" of a horde of walkers really did nothing for me. It was just the "ok, and here we will put lots of zombies in" moment.

If you know how herds work in the comics, you pretty much know how many are following the train. The train is just an excuse to build a herd. I think that's only the forehead of the zombie though, we'll get a real herd in the next episode.

• By the looks of it, You'd change .... 70% of the episode?
    -.-
    I'd change nothing, It's brilliant.

• Me, I'd have tried to find some way to make the ending have a little more punch. I agree that the episode 1 and 2 cliffhangers were great and the third wasn't as strong. That might require taking an element from 4 and placing it earlier, so it's probably impossible.

• I wanted an explosion, that's it. Just one big kaboom. Otherwise I wouldn't change a thing.

Add Comment