Menu
User Avatar Image

Why everyone so attached to Clementine?

posted by Maugly on - last edited - Viewed by 5K users

I mean, she's just another child. Yeah, I do care about her because she seems to trust me, but, I mean, she's nothing special. She does not even play major role in my moral decisions.
Is that just your maternal instinct I am lacking?

75 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Sonic Boyster said: I'd argue that if you aren't attached to Clem as a character it's because you're either playing The Walking Dead as a video game (I'm going to win the apocalypse!)

rofl, I guess that's me, come hell or high water I'm crossing that finish line! :)

• L: Clem, Did you break this Flashlight?
    C: No! Did Duck say I did?
    L: No... Did he do it?
    C: No.. He just always accuses me of stuff.
    L: Like what?"
    C: Like putting a bug On his pillow.
    L: Did you do that?"
    C: ....Yes."

Do I need to say anything else?

• @QuarterPounderVlad said: L: Clem, Did you break this Flashlight?
    C: No! Did Duck say I did?
    L: No... Did he do it?
    C: No.. He just always accuses me of stuff.
    L: Like what?"
    C: Like putting a bug On his pillow.
    L: Did you do that?"
    C: ....Yes."

Do I need to say anything else?

Not really, but can you quote every adorable thing she says please XD

• @ThomasakaDes said: Not really, but can you quote every adorable thing she says please XD

Here's another one, I'll just add the full conversation DreadMagus mentioned:

L: What's This thing?
    D: Daddy said it's called a salt lick
    C: Yeah, But don't lick it. It's gross!
    L: Did you lick it?
    C: ......I don't know....

• @Maugly said: Is that just your maternal instinct I am lacking?

How about you wouldn't have survived the first 20 minutes of the game if she hadn't saved your ass from the babysitter?

• ROFL.... that's a pretty strong reason.

• @Xarne said: I think someone is playing Devil's advocate, but yes, I do agree with you.
    She's not even my child, I've known her for about 4 mos now all of a sudden I'm her guardian?

To be honest I have a feeling Clem is going to have a major role in ether Episode 4 or Episode 5 and it will be because of Lee's actions. Reason being is because for most of the big choices Clem has been their watching them. (Save Duck or Shawn, Choice to side with Larry or Kenny, Save Carley or Doug, How to say Manure instead of a swear word, Killing the St. Johns just a few off the top of my head)

@Xarne said: How about you wouldn't have survived the first 20 minutes of the game if she hadn't saved your ass from the babysitter?

This ^ You instantly gain the Poster with the best reason in this thread award! CONGRATULATIONS! :D

@Xarne said: ROFL.... that's a pretty strong reason.

It is a very strong reason. BTW love the Avatar Picture

• @RossLGould said: She's not just another child; she's been the moral compass of the whole story. I could even say that, in that [literally] decaying world, she's the only irrefutable evidence that true goodness is still present.
    Besides, she's really sweet, and she's so "d'awwww" all the time. I hope her parents aren't dead, because they've done a helluva job.

I have a feeling the evidence will be destroyed by end of season.

• @ThomasakaDes said: Not really, but can you quote every adorable thing she says please XD

What would've been cool if that situation would've been different based on her learning from your decisions/actions.

• @deadfan said: What would've been cool if that situation would've been different based on her learning from your decisions/actions.

I think she is learning because for most of the major choices she is their watching you make that choice and I think it will influence her and become something major for her in ether E4 or E5.

This discussion has been closed.