User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 14.8K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Darth Marsden said: I still say they should have called it World's Finest instead of DC Superheroes. Fits the wacky tone better.
    Get the multipliers, it makes it massively easier. There's a little car driving/smashing game near the power plant, IIRC, that has a 2x, and I think there's another one inside the funfair. It's been a while since I played it.

I found that specific multiplyer already actually, and its 4x so even better :p There is one place that is full of green lantern usable stuff and it always gives me at least 4 blue studs + 1 purple stud so that helps.

What I will most likely do is read up on ALL the multiplyers, get those, and play the rest of it(until I get bored at least) without any help, seems fair enough.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Oh, well, there you go. You shouldn't need to use a guide or anything - just use the in-game map. It reveals where all the collectable doodahs are, even if it is a bit of a pain to have to keep pausing the game to use it.

• I'm going to admit, I think the only flaw Xenoblade has is that its side missions are pretty generic. Lots of find X amount of Y, or go kill this. (At least at this point in the game)

Its still pretty addictive though. I've just spent about 2 hours just doing sidequests (because I felt like it).

And I really love killing those special monsters. Especially going back and getting revenge on the hard ones you had to avoid earlier on in the game! XD
    (I've seen lvl 70 monsters! One was in a lake and I was like "huh why is my spidey sense going off" and then I see this lvl 70 fish and I was like "OMFG! RUUUUUUNNNNN!!!!!" (Game doesn't really penalise for death but it was inconvenient at the time))

The main story is great though, I'll give it that. And I have to say again how I love how rewarding the battle and collecting and creation systems are. Unlike say FFXIII, it really lets you get tucked in on the game. I've already played it for 10 hours and while in FFXIII I had to quit at this point, in this game I'm like "MORE! MORE! MORE! :D".

Probably at least going to spend about 20-25 hours on this game minimum, probably even go beyond the 40, which is really rare for me, (I get distracted from RPGs very easily).

Haven't even wanted to play Pandora's Tower yet or even go back to Metroid Prime or some other Gamecube games, (except Melee. Having a little go on that since my Brawl has vanished sadly.. :(), or even the Xbox 360!

• Well I've gotten all the stud multiplyers, and I think it's impossible for me to ever run out of money now...

Well that gives me time to actually find the gold bricks/buy everything I find along the way instead of thinking "crap, I need this money to get poison ivy so she can activate these things before I get a clown minion!"

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Uh, yeah. Have fun. I didn't.

Currently playing Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock. My thoughts are in the Doctor Who thread, In short - ugh.

• @Darth Marsden said: Uh, yeah. Have fun. I didn't.

Currently playing Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock. My thoughts are in the Doctor Who thread, In short - ugh.

Was Doctor Who hyped up a lot in the playstation blog and then it was disappointing?

• @Darth Marsden said: Uh, yeah. Have fun. I didn't.

Yeah, considering I have seen the same 4 "puzzles" over and over again stapled together with really easy platforming, I'd say I won't be 100%ing this game, but I'll try because why not.

• Games I'm currently playing:

Left 4 Dead 2: I've basically overkilled this game, I've had it for a long time and it's always fun to pick up and play with your friends. Going on the public servers is iffy at night time though (griefers, general jerks and such) so I mostly stick to friends. Definitely suggest playing it though. (PC)

Team Fortress 2: I've been playing Mann vs Machine with my buddies, the game can be somewhat difficult if you're new to TF2 (most of my friends are) and can get quite frustrating. However when you win it's an awesome feeling. I like how it has 6 slots for players, which is just enough for my friends so no one is left out. There are different game modes but I've been mostly playing this one. (PC)

The Darkness: I flipping love this game, I'm only playing on normal and have a really crummy shot but I've never ran out of ammo and your powers you get can be quite helpful. I love the story so far (it had at least one twist I wasn't expecting) and I've never read any books/comics on The Darkness so it's an easy to follow storyline for newcomers. (PS3)

• I just replayed HL2: Episode 1. Maybe it's just me, but I found this more difficult than the main game. Much more. Except the very end which was my own damn fault for falling so much.

• @Queen Sars said: Games I'm currently playing:

Left 4 Dead 2: I've basically overkilled this game, I've had it for a long time and it's always fun to pick up and play with your friends. Going on the public servers is iffy at night time though (griefers, general jerks and such) so I mostly stick to friends. Definitely suggest playing it though. (PC)

Team Fortress 2: I've been playing Mann vs Machine with my buddies, the game can be somewhat difficult if you're new to TF2 (most of my friends are) and can get quite frustrating. However when you win it's an awesome feeling. I like how it has 6 slots for players, which is just enough for my friends so no one is left out. There are different game modes but I've been mostly playing this one. (PC)

The Darkness: I flipping love this game, I'm only playing on normal and have a really crummy shot but I've never ran out of ammo and your powers you get can be quite helpful. I love the story so far (it had at least one twist I wasn't expecting) and I've never read any books/comics on The Darkness so it's an easy to follow storyline for newcomers. (PS3)

I played a few matches of Mann vs Machine and i liked it...I didn't get past a round but that may be because i was playing on my laptop and the game kept lagging.

Add Comment