User Avatar Image

[SPOILERS] CARLEY [Ep 3 discussion]

posted by Oblivion1659 on - last edited - Viewed by 12.2K users

Hey i am really annoyed about carley being shot when it happend i didnt even want to carry on playing anyway maybe they could bring carly back she could have just been grazed by the bullet.No one even checked to she if she was dead the group could meet up with her again.I wont be buying anymore episodes unless carly comes back my friends also said the same.

Please say in the comments that you want carly back and make a thread about this and then maybe telltale games will see that we want carly back.

558 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @HAcoreRD said: Andy ST. John's reaction to Carley dying:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Bp0W0OdiDw

/plug

lol it works because they're both night scenes

• @bakajin said: I'm an avid fan of the books. Given that the producers intended for the game to be adhere to canon as opposed to the television series, it's helpful for people to read the books first or along side. It is doesn't mean they have to read them to enjoy the game. If TT wants people to get a feel of the books from playing the game, that's cool, but let those who've only played the game come to that place at their own pace. They may find that Kirkman's vision is not for them. They may appreciate the game aspects, the RPG-lite stuff, more than the grim worldview of the books. No point in crucifying those who have a different vision of a ZA from those of us who've bought into Kirkman's view.

(and even though I like the books I haven't bought into Kirkman's vision completely)

Your original. ^ I then ask if this implies a sorter translation to cater to newbies.

@bakajin said: I don't see how you got there from what I said. Letting people get there on their own means that if they get it, they will come to appreciate Kirkman's view eventually. If TWD is not for them, it isn't. Reading the books isn't going to "educate" them on how to be a proper fan.

It's a pretty safe jump that someone who isn't sold on Kirkman's vision and sides with fans who are new to the series and put off by the "hardcore ruleset" would advocate a tamer take of the series.

Personally, I wouldn't mind a bit of shutout. A good series should alienate its fans now and again and give them something to think about. Remember in How I Met Your Mother when Marshall's dad died in a huge downer ending? Remember Buffy Season 6? Remember Serenity? I lean pretty close to the "kill them all" idea, and roll my eyes when someone predictably cries foul.

Should reading the books be required? No, you're right on that one. But people should be a little less sensitive to the idea that people can die in their favorite stories.

• @Master of Aeons said: Should reading the books be required? No, you're right on that one. But people should be a little less sensitive to the idea that people can die in their favorite stories.

I agree 10 million%, my only take is that people are coming here from the TV series? Things are going at a lot slower pace in that.

Even if I didnt read the comics; I'd still applaud TTG for taking everyone out of their comfort zone. It wouldnt be realistic expecting 5 totally normal people to survive the start of a ZA, remember this is happening at the same time or a little earlier than the start of the source material. No one has any idea what or why this is going on, they're running off fear and a survival mode mentality

• Nihilism for nihilism's sake (or, to get a rise out of fans or viewers) never makes for good storytelling. That's why I haven't completely bought into what Kirkman does, as when he said he killed off Tyreese, then responded to the many complaints (and I'm paraphrasing) everyone dies in this book. I'd have felt better with "Tyreese's death will make Rick a stronger leader." I know he was responding to some race issues there, and well we don't have to go into that here seeing as we are all happily playing as Lee :).

I think it's a stretch to interpret my statement as hoping to "cater" to newbies or even being on their "side." I don't see that there's sides to this thing. I just don't get complaining that they should be less sensitive.

And I'll add, I totally get being defensive about TWD especially if you've been with the books before the show and the show before the game. It's easy to get frustrated with those who "don't get it." Still, it is art, which is open to interpretation.

• @HAcoreRD said: Andy ST. John's reaction to Carley dying:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Bp0W0OdiDw

/plug

hahahah :) Well played.

• what kirkman does isn't new, who watches a horror film and expects everyone to live?
    the only shocking thing kirkman could do would be to kill rick

• That wouldn't even be shocking, he's hinted it might happen.

• @DreadMagus said: That wouldn't even be shocking, he's hinted it might happen.

i guess, but it would probably be story suicide, who are you supposed to care about if he dies?

• Which is why it probably won't happen.

• @DreadMagus said: Which is why it probably won't happen.

Until the series finale.

Add Comment