User Avatar Image

Women Presented Unfairly in Games Story?

posted by Red Panda on - last edited - Viewed by 539 users

Katjaa is super passive, Carley can't figure out how to use batteries, Lilly is mental and stands by her crazy Dad until the end, and Clem verges on escapism.

Men have their faults, but do you think the the fairer sex is getting equal treatment by writers?

44 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Doug seems to be a stereotypical "nerd"

Ben is a garden gnome

Kenny is a weakling who's only motivation is his family

Larry is a drama queen

Duck is as dumb as a box of hammers

Lee is the player's avatar and thus exempt.

• What the above poster is trying to get across is..

You need to be a transgender.
    Then crap gets real.

• Even the difference between Chuck and Christa.

Chuck tells Clem she's going to die then gives Lee advice, he has a point.

Christa question how smart it is to bring an 8 year old girl is an old, enclosed building, also sound advice, and suddenly she's queen bitch/Lilly 2.0 to most people.

Maybe it's some of the players, and not the writers, at work. IDK

• Sounds like a player issue.

I appreciated Christa's advice a bit more than Chucks... of course, I was unhappy with Chuck's deliver method.

• Christa:

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Are you serious with that shit?"

Lee:

"Yes."

Christa:

"Okay, just checking. That's a great idea."

I believe it's her delivery.

• Which is a far cry better than...

Chuck: YOU GONNA DIE LITTLE GIRL!!!
    Clem: ;_; The old scary dude with the candy says I'm gonna die.
    Lee: THE HELL OLD MAN?
    Chuck: Chillax, dude, I was just trying to get your attention. Got any booze?

• @Red Panda said: Even the difference between Chuck and Christa.

Chuck tells Clem she's going to die then gives Lee advice, he has a point.

Christa question how smart it is to bring an 8 year old girl is an old, enclosed building, also sound advice, and suddenly she's queen bitch/Lilly 2.0 to most people.

Maybe it's some of the players, and not the writers, at work. IDK

i actually agreed with everything christa said except staying alone, i thought it was stupid searching an abandoned building on your own, but there was no way of getting anybody to come with me, i thought she was strong and independent like Carley but bossy and she always think she is right like lilly.

i wasnt as mad as Lee when Chuck said Clementine would die, i just thought he lacked tact, then he told us to do two obviously good things and we could do them.

i think its more personal taste than anything, i didnt think lilly was a good leader and if i knew her in real life i wouldn't like her, and i dont think that i was forced into not liking her by the writers, i just didnt, but even though its way to soon to say i think i would like Christa in real life because she was concerned about Clementine and i think if i meet a group of survivors in the ZA and they had a child i would judge them by how they treated the child.

Add Comment