User Avatar Image

Why everyone so attached to Clementine?

posted by Maugly on - last edited - Viewed by 4.6K users

I mean, she's just another child. Yeah, I do care about her because she seems to trust me, but, I mean, she's nothing special. She does not even play major role in my moral decisions.
Is that just your maternal instinct I am lacking?

75 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @JabbaDaHuttX7 said: Wha--... you're saying I'm not gonna win the game?

In fact I think a lot of people have just lost too.

• Think of it this way... If you were going to take care of a child in the zombie apocalypse, would you not feel responsible for her?

• @Cyreen said: How about you wouldn't have survived the first 20 minutes of the game if she hadn't saved your ass from the babysitter?

Doesn't really sound like a valid point to me, actually. I was saved by... almost every person in the group, even by Lily. Didn't made me attached to them, either.
    I think in ZA, people will be saving you now and then, and I really do not get why you judge people's deeds from our nowadays moral views.

• @Sergiy said: Think of it this way... If you were going to take care of a child in the zombie apocalypse, would you not feel responsible for her?

Ugh... No.
    It's ZA.
    The whole game for me was how moral no longer matter that much. Only who survives matter. Actually, the last choice in ep.2 (no spoilers) was the toughest choice for me.
    And I was... well, amazed about how I make choices whom I want to survive. Turned out to be quite cruel.
    But I myself do not have a strong bond with Clem. She saved me, as did (indirectly) Shawn, as did Kenny, as did Carley, as did Lily. But as of now, I would gladly kill Lily, and Kenny became quite a nuisance despite I thought we might be friends.

• @Maugly said: Doesn't really sound like a valid point to me, actually. I was saved by... almost every person in the group, even by Lily. Didn't made me attached to them, either.

Right. When the ZA starts and you're scrabbling for shelter from the oncoming gaggle of zombies, I'll be the chick that trips you and leaves your soulless butt as bait.

• Jesus. She's a kid. K-I-D.
    I don't care how about her. Is she good or very bad?? I'll protect her anyway. I know it''s just a game but please don't lose your human nature, guys.

• @Cyreen said: Right. When the ZA starts and you're scrabbling for shelter from the oncoming gaggle of zombies, I'll be the chick that trips you and leaves your soulless butt as bait.

LMAO sounds like you had that as a plan for people you don't like anyway when a ZA hits.

@Cyreen said: Jesus. She's a kid. K-I-D.
    I don't care how about her. Is she good or very bad?? I'll protect her anyway. I know it''s just a game but please don't lose your human nature, guys.

Agreed. All I can say is by Episode 5 Clem in his game might leave him to die for treating her bad.

@Cyreen said: Doesn't really sound like a valid point to me, actually. I was saved by... almost every person in the group, even by Lily. Didn't made me attached to them, either.
    I think in ZA, people will be saving you now and then, and I really do not get why you judge people's deeds from our nowadays moral views.

Except Clem was the first ever person to save Lee and on top of that had been surviving for days before Lee found her. So yer that is a pretty good and valid point because Lee would have been dead before anyone else saved him. And I guess that Lilly saved you because you tried to save her dad right? If you did not try and save her dad Kenny would come to your rescue and Lilly would rather watch you fry on the fence then save you.

• @Zargus said: Agreed. All I can say is by Episode 5 Clem in his game might leave him to die for treating her bad.

Let's see, man...
    Zargus, I'll remember your name. When we finish this game, we'll talk about your story and mine. Ok??? :D

• @Two Face said: Let's see, man...
    Zargus, I'll remember your name. When we finish this game, we'll talk about your story and mine. Ok??? :D

Sounds like a plan. I do think Clem is going to have a huge role in the next episode or episode 5 and it is going to be because of the choices we made. Reason being is because most of the big ones she was their watching you.

• Man, I believe Clem. But I think If we meet her parents and they're a bad guys (before maybe they're good but ZA can change their personality). That's a real problem. That's more difficult choice than (like you said) she'll treat me.

This discussion has been closed.