User Avatar Image

How would you have handled the situation?

posted by DreadMagus on - last edited - Viewed by 520 users

All of this back and forth about Ben, Carley, Doug, Lilly, Kenny, and a partridge in a pear tree has got me thinking.

So let's do a little "what if" exercise...

You're with the Macon survivors; you, not Lee Everett. Poor Lee died in a car wreck and is a pathetic, handcuffed zombie behind Clem's house. You on the other hand happened to take his place when you saw a scared little girl climb into a tree house.

Why were you in Atlanta? Doesn't matter and isn't part of this. Also - because you're more awesome than Lee (he's just a video game character after all) you managed to save both Carley and Doug - though Shawn is still screwed.

All situations are more or less the same. Larry dies at the farm, you may or may not have popped a cap in the St Johns (it all happened so fast, after all) - but here you are on the road after someone LET BANDITS into your HOME because of a BOTCHED DRUG TRADE and now you and the group are ON THE RUN.

The RV hits poor Mr Zed, Lilly is having her freak out, everyone is outside.

"You're just a scared little girl, get the fuck over it."
Kenny removes a Mr Zed from the RV and kills him... Poor Mr Zed.
Lilly removes her precious.
Everyone turns to look at her.

She stops, seeing your gaze on her. Everyone looks at her as if she's gone crazy. She looks at the gun - gets a grip - and then forces it onto you.

"We've a traitor here, and it needs to be handled. You people think this job is so easy? YOU DO IT!"

You have the gun.

Everyone is looking at you.

What do you do?

WHAT DO YOU DO?

------------------------
Disclaimer - This might belong in general, I dunno, but it deals with situations from the newest episode, so I'm putting it here.

I'll hold off on picking for now... though I know what I'd do.

Try to put some thought into it - it's not a decision one should make on a whim... Lilly did that, and we all saw what happened....:eek:

71 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Lilly turned into to Rick Grimes pretty fast, but that's the kind of leader you need in a zombie apocalypse, you can't have votes or else it can't be the leader's fault if you get screwed over. Kenny isn't fit to lead, Lee isn't fit to lead, no one is. No one in this game will ever be fit to lead, but someone has to do it.

• Rick's got a bigger body count than any comic villain I can think of, and mostly his own people.

If I saw Rick, I'd run the other way.

• Actually, Rick hasn't killed a lot of his own people, just gotten them killed.

• @Carley said: Kenny isn't fit to lead, Lee isn't fit to lead...

I've read several posters who state that Lee is not a leader, which I find surprising, considering his opinion is valued by everyone, he actually does the legwork and takes care of things, and when it comes down to the wire it's always Lee that steps up to the plate (being the good little protagonist he is). A good leader is a good follower.

• @Carley said: Lilly turned into to Rick Grimes pretty fast, but that's the kind of leader you need in a zombie apocalypse, you can't have votes or else it can't be the leader's fault if you get screwed over. Kenny isn't fit to lead, Lee isn't fit to lead, no one is. No one in this game will ever be fit to lead, but someone has to do it.

she is nothing like rick, her motivation is pleasing her father, ricks motivation is protecting his family

• @Carley said: Actually, Rick hasn't killed a lot of his own people, just gotten them killed.

Semantics.

• @thestalkinghead said: she is nothing like rick, her motivation is pleasing her father, ricks motivation is protecting his family

...I think I just realized why I can totally see Rick when I look at Kenny. Which makes me realize why I think Kenny will survive season 1. Huh.

• @Viser said: ...I think I just realized why I can totally see Rick when I look at Kenny. Which makes me realize why I think Kenny will survive season 1. Huh.

Other than he just lost his motivation.

• @thestalkinghead said: she is nothing like rick, her motivation is pleasing her father, ricks motivation is protecting his family

Rick's family is dead besides Carl, Lilly's family is dead.

Lilly is a lot like Rick, they both try to please the group, but it's harder than the others think it is making it very stressful for both of them. That's why both of those leader figures snap plenty of times.

Kenny is nothing at all like Rick, that'd be an insult to Rick.
    Rick finds a problem, he confronts it and deals with it, he's somewhat ruthless which is similar to Lilly. He doesn't back down unless the odds are strong against him, he's very headstrong; Kenny pussies out any time he can for whatever reason, even if he has a gun and there's two walkers trying to get Lee.

• If Christa is pregnant... I think Kenny will come around. Lookin' after the kids, it's what a man would do. (Kenny Ep 2)

Kenny is that kinda guy.

Add Comment