User Avatar Image

Why everyone so attached to Clementine?

posted by Maugly on - last edited - Viewed by 1.8K users

I mean, she's just another child. Yeah, I do care about her because she seems to trust me, but, I mean, she's nothing special. She does not even play major role in my moral decisions.
Is that just your maternal instinct I am lacking?

70 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Two Face said: Let's see, man...
    Zargus, I'll remember your name. When we finish this game, we'll talk about your story and mine. Ok??? :D

Sounds like a plan. I do think Clem is going to have a huge role in the next episode or episode 5 and it is going to be because of the choices we made. Reason being is because most of the big ones she was their watching you.

• Man, I believe Clem. But I think If we meet her parents and they're a bad guys (before maybe they're good but ZA can change their personality). That's a real problem. That's more difficult choice than (like you said) she'll treat me.

• Clem: Duck blaims me for everything..

Clem: He blaimed me for putting a bug on his pillow.

Lee: Did you?

Clem: ....Yeah...

LOL's all around.

• User Avatar Image
    N7.

@oldgun said: Clem: Duck blaims me for everything..

Clem: He blaimed me for putting a bug on his pillow.

Lee: Did you?

Clem: ....Yeah...

LOL's all around.

What the hell! as I know the conversation wasn't like that :eek:

• I see the validity of the point the OP is getting across, but looking at this forum I see some behaviour that stands out much more. And it makes me ask the question:

Why do people give so much of a damn about Carley? After EP 1 she played a much more minor role, disappearing for the centre portion of Ep 2. Hardly enough communication to rationally get so attached.

Perhaps because she was the best looking, perhaps because some tail seemed promising. I don't know what it was that made people think she was so much more special and valuable than the rest of the members. And to make it funnier, when I read people moaning wishes for her to come back/survive the shot, it always sounds more like they're talking about a dead pet.

• @Cooperal said: I see the validity of the point the OP is getting across, but looking at this forum I see some behaviour that stands out much more. And it makes me ask the question:

Why do people give so much of a damn about Carley? After EP 1 she played a much more minor role, disappearing for the centre portion of Ep 2. Hardly enough communication to rationally get so attached.

Perhaps because she was the best looking, perhaps because some tail seemed promising. I don't know what it was that made people think she was so much more special and valuable than the rest of the members. And to make it funnier, when I read people moaning wishes for her to come back/survive the shot, it always sounds more like they're talking about a dead pet.

The benefits of Carley:

-- Good shot.
    -- Loyal.
    -- Likes Lee.
    -- Pretty selfless, all things considered.
    -- Biologically necessary female.

Do women like Lilly or Lori fit all these criteria? (Well, they'd probably fit the last one, but still...) No? Then neither of them are an adequate partner during a zombie apocalypse.

I mean, let's face it. Most women only care about themselves even before a zombie apocalypse hits. Carley recognizes the superiority of Lee's leadership ability and is therefore better than Lilly. Noticing the superiority of her peer, Lilly knew immediately that she was overmatched at contributing to the group as well as having a chance with Lee, so she did the only logical thing a coward would do in her situation.

The fact that Telltale sidelined Carley so often is only further proof that they weren't aware of Carley's superiority, or likeability, etc.

• @JabbaDaHuttX7 said: I mean, let's face it. Most women only care about themselves even before a zombie apocalypse hits.

Wow. Misogynistic much?

• [quote]
    Jesus. She's a kid. K-I-D.
    I don't care how about her. Is she good or very bad?? I'll protect her anyway. I know it''s just a game but please don't lose your human nature, guys.
    Agreed. All I can say is by Episode 5 Clem in his game might leave him to die for treating her bad. [/quote]

That would be so hilarious of that could happen.

"Screw you, Lee! Im only eight but Im better off by myself. Im a crack shot, after all."

Then she takes a shot at him if he tries to follow.

• @Two Face said: Jesus. She's a kid. K-I-D.
    I don't care how about her. Is she good or very bad?? I'll protect her anyway. I know it''s just a game but please don't lose your human nature, guys.

It's amazing how you say 'kid' as if it gives her some special bonuses (be it practical, moral or something). I guess my main misunderstanding is this.
    And well... what is the human nature after all? Every animal cares about their cubs. Doesn't make them any more human.

Add Comment